Anyone else really not liking the whole "Admin" thing?

I feel like this whole Admin thing sorta cheapens everything. The idea of some divine entity being the big bad kinda kills the vibe for me. I enjoyed when the villains we encountered had a personal touch and their own motivations. Not to mention how unnecessarily "meta" the whole thing is. I really hope that the enemy ends up being a fraud. Otherwise it sorta closes the potential for a season 3, because where could you go after defeating literally the most power being in existence. Thoughts?

Comments

• Wait for rest of episodes

• First the old builders, then the ancient builders, now the admin. Legendary builders are getting a bit redundant.

• You do have a good point, and having an admin as a villain does seem a bit cheap and does close the possibility for more episodes but I really don't think they should make any more after this

For now though I'm content to let it play out, maybe it will be a great story and telltale aren't amateurs

• That's a good point, and almost every builder we have known is evil

Lukas' old gang, Soren and so on.

Super1710 posted: »

First the old builders, then the ancient builders, now the admin. Legendary builders are getting a bit redundant.

• edited July 2017

Yeah i agree

TarZ_ posted: »

You do have a good point, and having an admin as a villain does seem a bit cheap and does close the possibility for more episodes but I real

• Aiden and his gang are not old builders!
    All they did is figure out the portals and got jealous of the order.

TarZ_ posted: »

That's a good point, and almost every builder we have known is evil Lukas' old gang, Soren and so on.

• When I said that I just meant builders as a whole and not any sort of old builders, it just seems like telltale has a habit of making builders evil.

Yeah i agree

• The Admin is literally the worst idea I've ever seen Telltale do.

When I saw him, I hated the admin a lot. There is no development, no motivation. I mean seriously, this is the worst villain Telltale can ever pull out of the Mincraft world.

• Yeah, I think the only good villain was Aiden, I mean he was One dimensional in S1 Episode 1 but in S1 Episode 5 he was really good.

ScootyZ posted: »

The Admin is literally the worst idea I've ever seen Telltale do. When I saw him, I hated the admin a lot. There is no development, no motivation. I mean seriously, this is the worst villain Telltale can ever pull out of the Mincraft world.

• Episode 1 was pretty mediocre to me. (And giant practically invicible thing that's going to destroy everything, a mystical block which is a technical block in the actual game and a strange portal frame? Never heard those ones before) Not to mention, whenever you make a choice it's painful how when a character says something in response to you, and then they say something completely different to what they were talking about, and in a different tone, sometimes even contradicting themselves. Example: Sneak into Stella's base, catch her pretending to be Petra, she says "Let's just forget this ever happened," start walking out of the base "I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DAY IN OUR RIVALRY" what happened to that embarrassing moment you wanted us to forget and why are you freaking out all of a sudden, oh wait this exact same clip plays when you fight your way into the treasure room, and it would make much more sense if she freaked out and said that stuff in that context. So they don't even bother making the different things the characters say depending on your choice make any sense and the flow of the conversation doesn't even change depending on what you say, no matter what you choose it's basically the same conversation but some choices make the character "Remember that" giving the illusion that you did something but you didn't, nothing changes if they "remember" something. Oh yeah, and the bugs, people moving their mouths but their voice clip is missing HOW DID THEY MISS THIS? /endrant.

• But As we know they used to have a Fav thing to beat jesse and co. Beating them at BUILDING COMP. they mean just builders in general

Aiden and his gang are not old builders! All they did is figure out the portals and got jealous of the order.

• They build but they are by no means legendary.

L-dog posted: »

But As we know they used to have a Fav thing to beat jesse and co. Beating them at BUILDING COMP. they mean just builders in general

• I didn't like it at first, but now I think it is not really the Admin. More like, the Admin is some legend and whoever is controlling the big stone guy is making use of that legend. Otherwise he really could have just used a command and deleted Jesse from the "server".

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain".

• Yes, but what I'm saying is that basically anyone who is related to building has been an antagonist at some point, even Lukas was a bit of a jerk in episode 3

Super1710 posted: »

They build but they are by no means legendary.

• It's cringe. I was watching a playthrough and I didn't feel good after that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.