Was this any indication of having a feelling between Petra and Jesse?

Hey guys, how's it going?

Today I will discuss a possibility of a feeling between Petra and Jesse, so let's start!

In the first episode of Season Two, when you meet Petra in the mines and you fight the zombies for second time, Petra says

Petra: " Sometimes I worried you don't even have time for me... your friends anymore "

Did you see? She flinch when she said worried about Jesse did not have any more time to her, but depends on the choices you make in Season One...

Example: You save Petra instead of Gabriel, do not rude to her, be sympathetic to her and among other things...
(Just do not be a jerk with her)

For anyone to use the argument that it is impossible to have a feeling among them because there is also Female Jesse, well Petra's speech so far only works with the Male Jesse and also his choices in Season One

(Update: Petra's speech only happens if you take time to meet)

Facts:
• Ivor and Harper have a feeling between them, so why would not Jesse and Petra have it?

• In episode 7 of Season One, when we defeated PAMA and before we get back to the portal network, Petra says:
" Despite some disscusions they had, she's glad we came with her "

• In Episode 8 of Season One, when you're going to take Lukas and Ivor out of the mines, Petra comes in to talk and thank you for saving her in the Spleef, but if you choose her from lost her control of PAMA in Episode 7, she'll be even more thankful.

Another thing that made analyze this dialogue more, was the channel: "ImScottJones" because of his reaction to see Petra speak this dialogue, because he also wanted to have a love between Jesse and Petra

The video link quoted in the discussion:

Well it was my speculation, and tell me what you think, whether you like it or not, leave your opinion!
and I'm sorry if you've seen any English errors, I'm Brazilian and I have to use Google Translate for a fews words :/

Goodbye, and have a nice day!

Comments

• I don't really.... ship in minecraft story mode but I think that's just a friend who feels left behind by all her other friends so it's not a 'us' thing, it's a "you're all leaving me" one. MSM seems to focus a lot on the value of true friendship instead of going more shipping-heavy like Tftb did with Rhys and Sasha or TWAU did with his two main protagonists so I find it hard to see people being 'in love' there.

If anyting, I felt Petra crushing more on Jack than anyone else before? (But, sorry, Nurm is Jack's other half...). If anything, romantically or not, we've seen Petra move on and find more friends and a new group. It was kinda bittersweet for me: my Jesse is a "friendship is magic" kind of person so it was painful to see even her last friend leave.

I... I think they just threw in a small bone for the fans, like they'll probably do with Luke next episode, but overall I don't expect to see romance as endgame, not here.

Anyway, your english is great for someone who doesnt' speak english and if you do like the ship- I'm glad you found something that seemed to suggest that it is/was canon in your eyes :3 Remember 'we' are our Jesse, to some degree, if you think your Jesse has feelings for someone then go for it, you can fantasize about what happens postgame or- whatever, really, the important thing is having fun :D

• I agree, except I also ship haha. I honestly think it would be possible since romance is SEVERELY hinted at during the 6-8 pack cough Ivor, harper cough so Maybe its possible? I mean there are millions of people in minecraft and more keep appearing. ;) Seriously though, romance wouldn't be something uncommon. At least in my eyes. Still I agree that they probably will just throw a bone, but if they add romance, they add romance, simple :P

I don't really.... ship in minecraft story mode but I think that's just a friend who feels left behind by all her other friends so it's not

• edited July 2017

I also agree with Nenyahigurashi about Petra feeling like she's being left behind by her friends. Cause I did saw a video of when Female Jesse was late, she said that line also. But if you're on time (Whether you are Female Jesse or Male Jesse), she won't say the line. But if you're late because you were helping with the town then she'll say the line.

Though I was on time when I played as Female Jesse so Petra didn't say it with me.

Here's the video of where I found out: (You'll need to skip to 30:50.)

But that doesn't mean I don't ship Jesse and Petra cause I do. ^_^ Well Male Jesse and Petra to be fair and I also like Female Jesse and Lukas. So anyway, if you do want Petra to say that line, you'll have to make Jesse late. (I do hope there will be more hints for each couple though.) I hope this helped you guys out.

• Are you Brazilian?
    EU SOU TAMBÉM CARA EAE! Nossa é tão bom ver alguém q é BR aqui kkkkkk

• edited July 2017

I like your comment, but although we do not have something concrete yet or some say that it is a game where everthing is a block or it is a game focused for children, but in how many cartoons do we have a character that has a feeling for the other? Felling can be represented in many ways, they do not need to have a psysical contact, it's called: Platonic Love! And did you forget that Ivor feels something for Harper? They like each other, so much that Ivor returned to the portal network not only because of adventure, but also because of Harper, If they have a feeling, why Jesse and Petra can not have one too?

I don't really.... ship in minecraft story mode but I think that's just a friend who feels left behind by all her other friends so it's not

• I'm pretty sure they only like eachother as friends....

• edited July 2017

From what I see, I'm not the only brazilian in the community

MegaXD posted: »

Are you Brazilian? EU SOU TAMBÉM CARA EAE! Nossa é tão bom ver alguém q é BR aqui kkkkkk

• edited July 2017

The feeling between Ivor and Harper is something that breaks this theory of not having a love between characters because it is a game for the children...

• edited July 2017

Thanks for the explanation!

• edited July 2017

I guess...

Tekano posted: »

I'm pretty sure they only like eachother as friends....

• edited July 2017

oh com on! romance is just a Stupid thing, It's just a game, they're just a draw, they don't have feelings... forgot these things and let's enjoy the game inested!

• No. I have not seen a single romantic flair between any of the cast excluding Ivor's crush on Harper. The game seriously isn't going in that direction, sorry dude.

• I... never said anywhere I think it shouldn't have love because it's for children, I'm a woman who actually supports even more sensible cotent in 'stuff for kids' (sexuality, racism, discrimination, as long as well developed) because I don't think kids are as stupid as society wants us to believe it. And as I said: There's nothing concrete but 'we' are our Jesse and we're free to interpret our character as we prefere...

(Also, trust me, I know a lot about platonic love being an asexual/romantic myself)

I get the feeling you felt... attacked? I apologize if that's how you felt but I'm 100% supportive of everyone's point of view and desires in our game files and I'd rater not push my view on others, I was just... sharing my opinion? XD I just think that the strong theme that I feel from MSM is "Friendship is Magic" and I felt this series was between wonderful heartwarming/breaking moments between best buddies. Who now happen to have full lives with responsabilities, still care to each other but are still tie together by true (non romantic, for me) love. As I said earlier if you find joy in imagining your Jesse and Petra in a relationship... please, go ahead and ship with your heart's content. I'm 100% aware Jetra and Lukesse are strong in this community, I don't happen to care about both but it doesn't mean I hate them ^^'

Also, Ivor and Harper may have something but as far as we know it's one sided? I still like them a lot as individual characters, I wouldn't mind to see them together.

Ah, my apologies, I'm talking so much and I'm 100% convinced I made a mess X°D That being said, keep your love for this game strong, it's worth it! <3

• I think any interpreation is valid- and thanks for sharing, I got the same options with my Jesse (My J. is a friendship maniac who is overinvested in helping others, she was 100% late) but you posting this had me actually want to check more videos to see the different reactions.

May you get more fuel for your ships! :3

• Br Aqui também hahaha invadindo a comunidade da telltale ahhahaa

English: Brasilian here too LOL Invading the community of telltale LOL

I'll write in english for these people see ok? You can translate on google after, if you're Brasilian...
    I think jetra may be a possibility, but I can not be sure. I think so: in almost every episode, who's on your side is Petra, and at the end of Season 1 Episode 1, she does not know if she's going to go back with Jack or you. Then she decides to come back with you and then, "Petra is grateful." I have a bad premonition about the next episodes, that some main character may die, because of their choices ... I do not know too, just my opinions ... Hugs! P.S: Sorry any english error, i write this...

• Ops, i forget, if had some relationship, i'll like it, ''why not?''

Br Aqui também hahaha invadindo a comunidade da telltale ahhahaa English: Brasilian here too LOL Invading the community of telltale LOL

• ... I just realized she stays if you pick her over Jack thanks to your comment, I have no idea why it didn't click with me until now. That's interesting, I wonder how they'll write her in/out in the next episode since some players will and some won't have her around.

Ops, i forget, if had some relationship, i'll like it, ''why not?''

• Ahah, fair enough XD I just shared my opinion and I don't work at Telltale so I have no clue what their future plans are XD

• Sorry if I wrote something wrong, my english is not of the best LOL. Well, you can have a sense if you (jesse) like Petra or not, for example, at the beginning of episode 7, when Petra is tired of receiving your orders. You can take it light or fight. Or in that same episode, you can 'fight' or be calmer, or give other options, being more rude.

... I just realized she stays if you pick her over Jack thanks to your comment, I have no idea why it didn't click with me until now. That's

• It's great, don't worry! I am not a native english speaker myself so I can understand the struggle :P

I... uhm... saw those as being a good friend? I mean, as person I'd allow my nervous friend to take over if I thought it could help them (like when you can let Lukas lead you for a moment or when you can show Axel how much you trust him when he takes the amulet and runs away). May just be me being me but- I don't need to love someone romantically not to be rude or not fight them when I know it'd only make things more complicated :P

That being said if for you it means 'see? I like you petra' then good, what I love of telltale is how we can all see the stories differently in our minds!

Sorry if I wrote something wrong, my english is not of the best LOL. Well, you can have a sense if you (jesse) like Petra or not, for exampl

• Dude, it's a E10+ game. I seriously don't know what you were expecting.

There is NO CHANCE this is happening.

• edited July 2017

High confidence detected...

ScootyZ posted: »

Dude, it's a E10+ game. I seriously don't know what you were expecting. There is NO CHANCE this is happening.

• Barely any developers of games listen to fans' suggestions of romance, and because this game's main purpose is to be a story built off of minecraft, I doubt that they will try romance since that has nothing to do with minecraft.. And that "proof" of Jetra being possible doesn't mean anything. They haven't done it in season 1, I doubt they will do it in season 2.
    There hasn't been any REAL proof, anyways...

• edited July 2017

I'm not feeling attacked or anything and you do not have apologize to me I must have looked a little thick, I was just talking about people who use the argument of not having because of being a child's game, It's good to see someone who knows about "Platonic love" because half of it does not even seem to be what it means, I simply decide to create this discussion because it is something that many are discussing, and maybe wanted to try to end this "theory" or I don't know, for me Jesse is a boy or a girl who had a simple life in treehouse with a pig and his friends, someone would never have imagined that he would become a true hero, who gets optimistic even in the most difficult hours, a friend who always there your side, about the discussion I think this time to forget this "theory".

I... never said anywhere I think it shouldn't have love because it's for children, I'm a woman who actually supports even more sensible cote

• edited July 2017

lol, I thought I was the "only brazilian" who played the games of telltale.

Br Aqui também hahaha invadindo a comunidade da telltale ahhahaa English: Brasilian here too LOL Invading the community of telltale LOL

• So if male jesse is (possibly) gonna be with petra? Does that mean female jesse is gon be with lukes?

High confidence detected...

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

It's worth pointing out an LGBT relationship wouldn't bump the rating up.

Mikestar16 posted: »

So if male jesse is (possibly) gonna be with petra? Does that mean female jesse is gon be with lukes?

• Maybe it will, just needs to see how far it goes. I also doubt TT will do it because of the different genders.

HiroVoid posted: »

It's worth pointing out an LGBT relationship wouldn't bump the rating up.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

This was an official reply from the ESRB on the issue before.

""ESRB’s ratings criteria do not distinguish between heterosexual and same-sex content when it comes to addressing sexuality in games."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/217633/Ratings_agencies_dont_treat_LGBT_content_differently.php

ScootyZ posted: »

Maybe it will, just needs to see how far it goes. I also doubt TT will do it because of the different genders.

• Barely any developers of games listen to fans' suggestions of romance

ahem

enter image description here

Tekano posted: »

Barely any developers of games listen to fans' suggestions of romance, and because this game's main purpose is to be a story built off of mi

• Yeah, but still parents would probably not like their children seeing that

This was an official reply from the ESRB on the issue before. ""ESRB’s ratings criteria do not distinguish between heterosexual and same-

• My bad! But it's still something I don't see telltale doing.

This was an official reply from the ESRB on the issue before. ""ESRB’s ratings criteria do not distinguish between heterosexual and same-

• Yes, can be that, they can only be good friends. I think this because she (petra) was always with jesse, in the sea temple, at the portals, at the endercon... Not that other friends are with him, but she is the one that is closest, and telltale does it perfectly leaving her as one of the main characters ...

It's great, don't worry! I am not a native english speaker myself so I can understand the struggle :P I... uhm... saw those as being a go

• edited July 2017

I actually ship it too...Let's hope Telltale gives it to us! :D

• xXZUHAIRXx! If you're the real one, i'm really appreciate your work!

And thanks for commenting!

xXZUHAIRXx posted: »

I actually ship it too...Let's hope Telltale gives it to us!

• How do people know it's me??? I thought they'd find me as a random user commenting on a discussion....R.I.P. My stealth...

xXZUHAIRXx! If you're the real one, i'm really appreciate your work! And thanks for commenting!

• LoL

xXZUHAIRXx posted: »

How do people know it's me??? I thought they'd find me as a random user commenting on a discussion....R.I.P. My stealth...

• Jetra- Dead.
    Lukesse- Dead.
    Jesskas- Dead.
    Luktra- Dead.

• What, you mean how she is always whining at me and calling Jack her hero. I don't think so.

Now even if you always make the descions in here favour and she does like me to hell with her liking me, why you might ask? Becuase I'm not being a jerk to all my friends for a silly little romance where she would just become even more annoying.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.