Holding your breath for ten minutes.

Okay, please tell me I wasn't the only person to geek out when Jack said that. It was a clear nod to the Monkey Island franchise, which is nice, because I thought they had just forgotten about everything that came before the Walking Dead. It was a super nice easter egg. And now I think about it, Jack kind of even looks like Guybrush. Who knows? Maybe we'll get Tales of Monkey Island Season 2? Eh, probably not, but I can hope.

enter image description here

Comments

• Uh... you can hear Midtown Cowboys in the first episode of The Wolf Among Us.

• edited July 2017

Yeah I love that. Also in In Harm's Way at the very end after Sarita's scream, if I'm not mistaken the song that's playing is Bosco's Inconvenience.

I guess they're not totally forgotten, but still any reference is great.

matteso586 posted: »

Uh... you can hear Midtown Cowboys in the first episode of The Wolf Among Us.

• edited July 2017

Don't forget all the bar renditions of Sam & Max's office theme.

And...

Yeah I love that. Also in In Harm's Way at the very end after Sarita's scream, if I'm not mistaken the song that's playing is Bosco's Inconvenience. I guess they're not totally forgotten, but still any reference is great.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

So glad people caught this Easter egg!!!!

• edited July 2017

Ah sweet! Telltale staff! Lol thanks for including that in there. Monkey Island was my childhood and any reference to it always makes my day. I think a lot of people would be pretty happy if there was a Season 2. {super obvious wink}

stirpicus posted: »

• I'm always looking for the Banang in Telltale Games. Sometimes I miss dialogue options because of it lol, just looking through the background. The only one it's not in is Game of Thrones, which is irritating. I've gotten it in my head that the ale that Asher and Beskha drink at the beginning of Episode 2 is banang even though it's never said. "Ale. Goes in yellow. Comes out yellow." I know it's not a lot to go on, but still.

Don't forget all the bar renditions of Sam & Max's office theme. And...

• Tales of Monkey Island 2....CONFIRMED!!!

stirpicus posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.