Problem install Adventure Pass

I have a problem to install a Minecraft Story Mode Adventure Pass (Season 1 Episode 6 - 8) Please Help
I'm have a Windows 10 Creators Update on PC and installed Minecraft Story Mode main game season 1.

enter image description here
enter image description here

Comments

• got the exact same problem, also on Windows 10...

• it might be a problem on tell tales side maybe?

DrNefarius posted: »

got the exact same problem, also on Windows 10...

• edited July 2017

Same problem here and of course nobody is able to help. I now have 5 games I cannot play (the other ones I was not able because I cannot log in) because of Telltale being unable to deliver what I paid for. All I got was a warning and removed thread I opened in which I told them what I do think about their policy because I mentioned the bad "p"-word there but of course no help or a fix.

• The patch not find a main game, i'm have a new update for Windows 10.

• I tested this on a system running Windows 7, and got the same error, so it's not unique to a specific version of Windows. If episodes 1 - 5 are installed, there's a gap under them where 6-8 should be offered, but nothing in the game to show the Adventure Pass or its episodes exist and can be purchased or downloaded.

• edited July 2017

Maybe the adventure pass is died, and come complete adventure pack (ep 1 - 8). In patch works in 2016.

• Tried a fresh installation with the recommended folder structure (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Minecraft Story Mode) but still nothing - same error.
    I opened a ticket, let's see what the support is saying to this.

• edited July 2017

Solved it.
    Patching program is checking for the installed path of the game by looking for its uninstallation information.
    Problem is, it is checking for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{4F87D0C7-1FC6-4F5E-84EA-DE6B4FE62E98}_is1
    And the main MCSM installer is putting it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CEB28E5D-AAEF-4757-9E00-12BB1896E1FD}_is1

The fix is easy at least as long as you don't mind opening the registry.
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ in the registry.
    Right click {CEB28E5D-AAEF-4757-9E00-12BB1896E1FD}_is1 and then Rename. Change it to {4F87D0C7-1FC6-4F5E-84EA-DE6B4FE62E98}_is1

You should then be able to run the MCSM Patcher without error. I've tested it on two systems, and it's worked in both.

• The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ folder does not exist in my registry.
    What is going on...

• same thing with me this is terrible

• Try searching your registry for http://www.telltalegames.com/support/
    The uninstallers for Telltale games have that in there, and nothing else, so MCSM should be one of the few things that have that.

The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ folder does not exist in my registry. What is going on...

• i am confused

Cubkyle posted: »

Try searching your registry for http://www.telltalegames.com/support/ The uninstallers for Telltale games have that in there, and nothing else, so MCSM should be one of the few things that have that.

• could i please have some help with this issue

• edited July 2017

Is Works, thank you ;)

Solved it. Patching program is checking for the installed path of the game by looking for its uninstallation information. Problem is, it i

• I can confirm that this works.
    You've done some great research, appreciate it! Thanks!

Solved it. Patching program is checking for the installed path of the game by looking for its uninstallation information. Problem is, it i

• edited July 2017

The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{CEB28E5D-AAEF-4757-9E00-12BB1896E1FD}_is1.
    Find a Start > Run > write "regedit"

• Maybe because you are not running on a 64bit OS? In this case afair the key should be sth. like
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion....

The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ folder does not exist in my registry. What is going on...

• edited July 2017

Works like a charm. So it took you just a few hours to fix this and Telltale still hasn't got a solution. Maybe they should hire you to do their work since you seem to do it better. Thank you.

Now please find a solution for the problem that occurs when I try to sign into my account while ingame and the game tells me that I have entered a wron password even though it's correct and I don't have any problems using it to access my acvcount here. All Telltale's so called "support" told me so far was to use a generic passowrd with normal characters which I tried for dozens of times. I also turned off firewall and anti virus. Nothing. My games are basically useless for me thanks to Telltale and their crappy DRM! I can just play Episode 1 of Game Of Thrones, Minecraft and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Luckily Batman and TWD3 are playable without login first.

Edit: Wow! After Patching Minecraft there is no need anymore to sign into my account for Minecraft as well. So now only Game Of Thones and Guardians Of Galaxy are pretty much useless for me.

• edited July 2017

sorry nvm

• edited July 2017

nvm thaNks it worked

• Whereever you live, I will find you and I will bring you nice cake. I love you so much right now. :D <3 Thank you so much!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.