Season 3? O_O

Ok...Maybe I'm going WAY too ahead in this discussion, probably a year ahead or 2...But now that The Wolf Among Us got a Season 2 announced and The Walking Dead got a Season 4 announced...Are there any chances Minecraft Story Mode will get a Season 3? I mean, It has always been one of Telltale's bestsellers...
They might add Episode 6-8 again like Season 1 but, leave your thoughts on it! ^^

Comments

• Nope. Seriously I like story mode and all but and even though telltale seems to be putting effort into this season it still feels like a cash grab. Telltale just adds new story and if they keep doing that it will get boring maybe a couple years down the line but I prefer not.

• edited July 2017

i think they might start the season 3 but it might take some time do to because of clementines extended story

• edited July 2017

Just because The Wolf Among Us season 2 and The Walking Dead Season 4 got announced doesn't mean Minecraft season 3 is imminent. Fans of Wolf have been waiting years for just an announcement and Minecraft got a season 2 announcement only a few months after a 3 episode DLC.

• ........Why would they make a S3 when S2 hasn't even been released yet?

• Becasue season 1 sold 10 millions of units on google play?

Chibikid posted: »

........Why would they make a S3 when S2 hasn't even been released yet?

• No other series they have done that for and it is not happening for Minecraft. There may very well be a S3 just not right now.

Becasue season 1 sold 10 millions of units on google play?

• It's ok...It's your opinion, I can't say anything against it...

Creeper1846 posted: »

Nope. Seriously I like story mode and all but and even though telltale seems to be putting effort into this season it still feels like a cas

• Let's see how Season 2 will perform first, sales-wise. If it goes as well as Season 1 went, I would say Season 3 is a given.

It is a popular game that doesn't seem to be nearly as hard to animate as other current TellTale titles, after all. Looks like a great investment for them, no?

• Wow, you made a good point!

Abeille posted: »

Let's see how Season 2 will perform first, sales-wise. If it goes as well as Season 1 went, I would say Season 3 is a given. It is a popu

• I think you're jumping way too far into the future.
    How can we possibly make predictions and speculations for Season 3 when Season 2 is not complete yet?

• Let's just see how this season goes first.
    If it brings back lots of money, sure, Telltale can make another. It's not like I can stop them...
    But I think that Minecraft should take a year or two of a break after this season ends. It it a good series, but I think other franchises need some time to come back to the Telltale scene (lookin' at you, Got and Super Show...)

• edited July 2017

I never said we need to discuss what would happen in it...I was just discussing the prediction of telltale actually making one or not.

I think you're jumping way too far into the future. How can we possibly make predictions and speculations for Season 3 when Season 2 is not complete yet?

• Mhm, A year or two seems legit!

AChicken posted: »

Let's just see how this season goes first. If it brings back lots of money, sure, Telltale can make another. It's not like I can stop them

• ;-;

AdamRoberts posted: »

Please no

• Okay then.
    I predict... No.

...Huh, well that's odd. I would've thought I would have predicted yes... oh well...

xXZUHAIRXx posted: »

I never said we need to discuss what would happen in it...I was just discussing the prediction of telltale actually making one or not.

• I hope yes!

• Lets hope not

• I predicted this

Okay then. I predict... No. ...Huh, well that's odd. I would've thought I would have predicted yes... oh well...

• ...You predicted that there will be no Season 3, or you predicted that I would predict that there wouldn't be a Season 3?

I predicted this

• Yes definitely. They will keep making seasons until everything in the game is covered. this season covers sea temples and guardians.

• Dream on. According to Steamspy, TWD Season 1 sold about 2,2 Million copies on Steam to date, if we include all other platforms we might, stretching it, get to around 5 Million sold copies. Some statistics a while back also said Telltale sold about 28 Million episodes of TWD in total. Note that not even the episodes could be considered "tens of millions", let alone actual sold copies.

And Minecraft Season 1 is still nowhere near those stats, with about 250,000 owners on Steam, maybe if we're stretching it to breaking point 1,5 Million in total, probably under a million. Less than the first TWD Season on Steam alone in any case.

Becasue season 1 sold 10 millions of units on google play?

• It's time to stop.

• If so that's like a maximum 3 year wait.

• I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if Telltale could top the boss Season 2 is giving us, especially with the whole 'placing every block in the Mindcraft world' thing.

Use the inevitability of no season 3 to try and enjoy the rest of MC:SM while it still lasts.

• Hey if you guys love little block headed characters....just wait until Pong: A Telltale Series comes out.

• Aye. This guy above seems to think downloads is the same as sales. Because the game was at least downloaded 10 million times.

Dream on. According to Steamspy, TWD Season 1 sold about 2,2 Million copies on Steam to date, if we include all other platforms we might, st

• [removed]

• Go complain to Telltale then instead of on a forum full of fans that can't do anything about it, IMO.(Not that I'd want to do anything about it XD...)

• A little bit early there, pal. I'm not entirely against the idea, but until Telltale officially releases a Season Three, or at least announces it, I'm too preoccupied with Season Two to even think of a possibility for Season Three.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.