The most underrated games?

Do you know of any overlooked gems in gaming that deserve more love? Please feel free to give them some time in the spotlight here!

Tagged:

Comments

• Police Quest III: The Kindred

The best, most faithful, game if you ever wanted to be a cop(with all the minutia that goes along with it).
    Sorry Dark Souls, I've never played an easier game to die in.

• edited July 2017

enter image description here
    Metro 2033. Great game for anyone who's interested in a bleak and unforgiving post apocalyptic story set in Moscow, Russia. I think the I'd describe the game as a first person shooter thriller. Although not a horror game, the atmosphere is terrifying with mutated beasts roaming the wasteland, these mutations were caused by the radiation by the atomic bombs that targeted Russia in 2013 during a nuclear war that wiped out mankind. The only survivors are the people that made it to the metro stations deep under the city. The game is based on the novel "Metro 2033" by Dmitry Glukhovsky and a movie adaption is currently in the works.

• edited July 2017

Jade Empire
    Bioware's most overlooked game, really wish it wasn't as I would love a sequel or even a remaster. The world is dripping with atmosphere and great lore the eastern look and feel is very different from Bioware's usual fare. The twist IMO was more shocking and well done than Kotors, in both games on replay it's so obvious but I feel JE was more subtle about it. The soundtrack is fantastic, to this day I will listen to the battle theme or the main theme every once in awhile, the battle system is simple but fun and the plethora of styles means it was never boring. And while the Characters were never on Mass Effect 2's or Dragon Ages level there were still some fun ones like Sagacious Zu, Wildflower or the intimidating Death's Hand (Samurai Darth Vader). One of my all time favorite games.

• edited July 2017

Next to Dragon Age: Origins, it's the best game that Origin gave away for free.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Jade Empire Bioware's most overlooked game, really wish it wasn't as I would love a sequel or even a remaster. The world is drippi

• edited July 2017

Alan Wake is pretty fantastic if you can get past how repetitive the gameplay is. Copies of the game, both physical and digital, have unfortunately been discontinued due to expiring music licenses, though.

• both ultimate spider-man and spider-man: web of shadows are criminally overlooked masterpieces. everyone always glosses over them for spider-man 2, but imo USM and WoS are both way better games

• Fantastic Story-wise. It's some great now-cheesy Twin Peaks, Stephen King, Twilight Zone stuff!

ralo229 posted: »

Alan Wake is pretty fantastic if you can get past how repetitive the gameplay is. Copies of the game, both physical and digital, have unfortunately been discontinued due to expiring music licenses, though.

• Web Of Shadows is definitely underrated. However, I feel one of my favorite underrated titles is Blood; the game never got as much attention as D00M or Duke Nukem 3D. But the game is amazing and entertaining. enter image description here

both ultimate spider-man and spider-man: web of shadows are criminally overlooked masterpieces. everyone always glosses over them for spider-man 2, but imo USM and WoS are both way better games

• enter image description here
    This. This was definitely underrated, one of my all time favourites for the ps1.

• Shadow of Rome
    • GTA Vice City Stories
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • Alice: Madness Returns
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Bioshock 2
  • edited July 2017

While not the most underrated game, relative to the other Halo games I feel that Halo 3: ODST is overlooked. It's certainly the most overlooked within the main series of games. It has a great atmosphere and some brilliant, memorable ambient music. All that combined with a lot of it taking place at night and feeling the loneliness and vulnerability of being an ODST (as opposed to being the OP Master Chief).

I gladly put it up there with Halo 3 and Reach as my personal favourites from the series.

• Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

• Alien Isolation.

I don't understand why this game didn't sell well which is one of the reasons why it won't get sequel and probably why we won't get another Alien game. Colonial Marines was shit, I get it, but it wasn't developed by Gearbox. It's easily the scariest modern video game in these days.

• The big reason is Colonial Marines.

After the success of the Aliens vs Predator game, Sega was given license to make three games in the Alien franchise. Aliens: Infestation was a well-received Metroid style DS game. Then came Aliens: Colonial Marines and all that happened there. Alien: Isolation was the last game of the deal and even though it technically wasn't under rated(it received great ratings), the lost fans from A:CM, killed the sales.

After how they botched A:CM by giving Pitchford too much freedom, I don't see Sega getting another license. Let's be real, there WILL be another Aliens game. Just not by any of Sega's developers.

AronDracula posted: »

Alien Isolation. I don't understand why this game didn't sell well which is one of the reasons why it won't get sequel and probably why w

• I hope they will make one similar with Isolation because Alien Isolation clearly lived up with the original movie which was horror and not action. This is what Alien games should be. None of the action Alien games lived up with the Aliens movie.

Johro posted: »

The big reason is Colonial Marines. After the success of the Aliens vs Predator game, Sega was given license to make three games in the A

• Didn't Alien Isolation win 13 awards, most of them for Game of the Year? And it's even got an 81 on Metacritic, and a 9/10 rating on Steam.

Alien Isolation. I don't understand why this game didn't sell well which is one of the reasons why it won't get sequel and probably why w

• Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

• Oh I didn't know that.

Didn't Alien Isolation win 13 awards, most of them for Game of the Year? And it's even got an 81 on Metacritic, and a 9/10 rating on Steam.

• edited July 2017

Yeah, it's got over 50 GOTY awards, it's PC Gamer's GOTY 2014, and it was the winner of the 2014 BAFTA Awards. Well, according to this picture, anyway:

enter image description here

Oh I didn't know that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.