Something weird about the old gods and the red god ?

I mean during all those seasons , during the atrocities committed toward the starks . We were all like "we will see who fares better when winter comes "
But now that it's here , i can't see how they're in a better postion than the other regions of westeros , quite the contrary actually , they're in the front lines . They lost the war and suffered heavy losses , we can clearly see it in the show where the hall is filled with old man and kids . The north is weakened .
And the northerners woudl probably be the first ones to add up to the army of the dead below the wall . And i don't think dragonglass will help them much against them ,they'd sure put up a small fight , but all would eventually join the dead .

Now the only thing taht the north has and the south hasn't is weirwood trees . " It is said that the old gods only have power where the heart tree faces can see"
And i think that's the thing that 'll help the north survives . And i think that's how bran will save the north .

I don't really know how yet . But i hope it's the case .

And there's also a small thing i noticed is that there seems to be something off between the old gods and the red god .
As if they were in animosity .

Yet both faith seems to want to repel the others .

we know the red god is all about fire .

the old trees are greatly resistent to fire, not immune but still .
and since it's old and ancient , it calls us back to something cold .

Yet both faith seems to want to repel the others .

Am i the only one feeling there's something fishy going on ?

PS: I know there's still some weirwood trees south of the neck , but it's pretty uncommon, i'd even say very rare unlike the north where there's much more .

Comments

• Melisandre is seeing Bran and Bloodraven in her visions. She though that it was her ennemies. She seemed opposed to the weirwood trees (Stannis says that if Jon Snow wants to be a Stark the only condition is to destroy the weirwood trees, probably on Melisandre's request) so I guess you're right on the opposition between those two religions.

Now how far this duality will go? From the books we don't know yet and maybe Winds of Winter will give a beginning of answer . Or maybe in the series they'll create an explanation in this season.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.