Has this a major role to play?

So hey guys I want to delve into a certain section of the asoiaf lord I always be enchanted to with a new video...

The Weirwood tree is one of the main elements in the World of Ice and fire being the symbol of the worship of the Old God's,the oldest religion in Westeros(first taken by the Giants and Children themselves),the video I introduce is from Asoiaf-Lore and Story, so enjoyed it,!

()

Also I notice that the importance of this old trees in the show is slowly decreasing in favour of the Red God...Will the Weirwood tree be crucial for the survival of the North?

An open question Martin let opened in the World of Ice and Fire was that in the times of Tohrren Stark "The King who bent",his bastard brother Brandon Snow wanted to sneak on Aston's camp and try to kill his dragons using what it seems to be Weirwood Arrows...
What do you think about it, could be a sign for the Wars to come? Could be even useful with the White Walkers beyond burning itself(We all know that)?
Give your opinion on the comments :)

Comments

• *Aegon's camp,damn corrector aaay

• I tought exactly the same thing ,even made a similar thread , we always hear that when winter comes , the north always fares better than most other regions , I think the weirwoods could be that help that makes them fare better .

But how it would help them , i don't know , but certainly not by cutting them , There's a number of ways it could help , the lamest way would be by the hepl of the three eyed raven by exactly knowing their position and their movement so if they'd attack last hearth for exemple , then the umbers would know they should flee to winterfell , because bran would have several crows sitting on the weirwood tree of last hearth . Although with the storms of winter , it is likely that if they won't die by the white walkers , they'll die to the cold trying to run away . and turn into wights anyway .

Or using the powers of the three eyed raven it could work as a sort of camouflage ,don't know how it would exactly work but one way would be for bran to warg into several crows , and disorient the hordes of undead , kind of like in that movie the war of the worlds where the brids are disorienting the aliens.

But yeah there is surely a rivalry between those two faiths . You can also see that although it saved jon snow 's life , he still expulsed melissandre for her actions . Jon is rejecting the priestess and their faith

And Dany is welcoming it in meereen .

It's subtle , but it is here . I'm certain that bran will play a big part on the long night , don't know how yet . But we haven't been shown what all the old gods can do .

For now it seems to look like All living Vs Evil Dead

I just hope there's something more to it ,
    My best bet would be that the others are not that evil . I mean sure they are , But so is the red god , a faith that demands sacrifice of fire .
    I'm sure the others are not that pure evil , and i'm sure that their goal must really be justifying their acts , given we have praticly nothing to know what they really want .

I would love for it to be Grey Vs Grey like Dany Vs Jon or something just as powerful rather than a Greyish White Vs Dark evil Black ,

• edited July 2017

I like the points you made dude!

The only gods that have shown to have "power" in asoiaf are R'hllor and The Old Gods.The Red God through red priestess and the Old God's through the Weirwoods.Skinchangers have a rank of power so hight that they might even warg into Dragons.
    Well in the Iron Islands they fear a demon called Ygg which is described similar to the Weirwood trees.

Will Daernerys dragons die cause Weirwood arrows? That would be cool to see.
    For the moment we only can make theory's and wait for more info...

Ironrath as a Northern holding should have a Weirwood tree on its terrain,it would be great if telltale introduce it on season two...

Dydix958 posted: »

I tought exactly the same thing ,even made a similar thread , we always hear that when winter comes , the north always fares better than mos

• Hey guys don't be shy,I want to read your opinions about this topic!
    Also likes to the post are always welcome ;)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.