Why is the Assassin's Creed franchise not popular among the forumers?

In a gaming forum where players are fans of adventure games with amazing story, I am surprised Assassin's Creed is barely mentioned.

Tagged:

Comments

• Speaking for myself, it's just not my kind of game.

• edited July 2017

I don't care anymore about Assassin's Creed. I stopped playing any games after Black Flag because it got boring. I'm not even interested in AC Origins.

• Yeah I love AC the recent games have been disappointing but I hope it can get better

• Most fans of the series tend to agree that AC2 was the best. There have been good games after it, but those are few and far between. Changing the setting on a regular basis without really adding much became the gimmick. They took a much needed break and thus we have Origins, which I'm unsure about currently, so we'll have to see if that brings fans back. That's how I would explain fans of the series not wanting to talk about it anyway.

On the other hand, maybe AC just doesn't appeal to all Telltale fans, they can be monotonous after all.

• People are saying that Origins in being done by the same team that did Black Flag, actually. It's looking like they COMPLETELY Overhauled the Game Mechanics too. Looks Awesome.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't care anymore about Assassin's Creed. I stopped playing any games after Black Flag because it got boring. I'm not even interested in AC Origins.

• Sadly they get worse every installment so much that origins is the first AC game I’m not hyped for. I’ll wait for reviews and if they are good I might pick up origins around Christmas time.

• Yeah, I heard it's been in development since 2014. Gotta say it does look better than Unity and Syndicate but I'm not sure.

GohanFGC posted: »

People are saying that Origins in being done by the same team that did Black Flag, actually. It's looking like they COMPLETELY Overhauled the Game Mechanics too. Looks Awesome.

• I like Black Flag the rest of them have too much repetition, too much convoluted future plot, or uninteresting settings (oh boy I'm sick of Europe)

• I'm in a weird place with the series, I used to be a huge fan but after Rogue it dropped noticeably in quality, I couldn't finish Unity with how poor some of the mechanics were implemented (mainly stealth) and while Syndicate was a noticeable improvement I felt they really dropped the bomb on it's repetitious gameplay nature, something that the first game got noticeable criticism for.

I'll give Origins a chance but I think I've just probably moved on from the series now, I'd love to be proven wrong and Origins wows me in the same way II or Black Flag did, but I doubt it will.

• edited July 2017

I can assure you Origins is not going to be something that revives the franchise. Egypt is going to change the tone of a lot of things, add elements of horror and most importantly, the accent. It's gonna be as bad as AC Unity.

Not just that, this game broke many rules. On top of the unrealistic eagle vision, you can watch a eagle in ITS SKIN in origins. Also, hidden blade does not insta-kill wtf.

Overall, the setting is the worst and the accent is gonna be crap again. The story probably even worse.

Syndicate was the best one since Brotherhood, I can assure you that. Origins will probably be like AC3. (Just that with a even more boring story.)

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, I heard it's been in development since 2014. Gotta say it does look better than Unity and Syndicate but I'm not sure.

• I don't plan on playing it anyway. Not a fan of Egypt at all.

ScootyZ posted: »

I can assure you Origins is not going to be something that revives the franchise. Egypt is going to change the tone of a lot of things, add

• II was way repetitive. Syndicate was fun. Best AC game after Brotherhood.

CathalOHara posted: »

I'm in a weird place with the series, I used to be a huge fan but after Rogue it dropped noticeably in quality, I couldn't finish Unity with

• It is the repetitiveness. People love the Arkham games right? But they have the same gameplay. How loved do you think the franchise be if they made 4 more games of the same thing?

The franchise killed itself among those who just "liked it".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.