Blood magic uses

Hey guys just wondering as I have just finished watching season 6 of the show and was really confused of what the conditions are for bloodmagic used with Jon snow and why this couldn't potentially bring back many dead characters such as Ned stark oberyn and even the dead Lannister children I mean the Lannisters are definitely wealthy enough to find someone to bring them back like melisandra did with Jon

Tagged:

Comments

• [removed]

• IIRC it has to happen with the body intact and shortly after their death, so Ned and Oberyn wouldn't be revived. It's also possible that the magic of the North gave more power to the spell and that it wouldn't have worked South in King's Landing.

• edited July 2017

I think it has more to do with who can be useful to R'hllor than anything else. You see, its not just anyone who can be brought back to life, the Red God only revives the people who still have a role to play in his plans. Jon Snow was revived due to supposedly being Azor Ahai, while Beric Dondarrion probably will play an important role in the fight against the Night King. And there is also the issue that the "revival" isn't perfect, Beric still carries all the gruesome scars from his deaths, Jon still has the stab scars and Lady Stoneheart is pretty much a zombie. It would be pretty much impossible to revive my man Oberyn even if he was somehow important to R'hllor, since he got his head smashed in and all.

• But to be fair tommen and myrcella have royal blood and are heirs making them very powerful in the future if they were to survive which would make them useful

I think it has more to do with who can be useful to R'hllor than anything else. You see, its not just anyone who can be brought back to life

Sign in to comment in this discussion.