House Tyrell and House Glenmore

So We're speaking about the Glenmores,House Forresters allies(with ups and downs) nearly since the start of the series.
The fans have theorised they are Sworn to House Ryswell cause their seat Rillwater crossing,that some say it could be located near the River North of the Rills(touching with the Stony Shore) or the other river that is born on the lake of Tohrren's square(ref Barrowtown)
Here more info:(http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/House_Glenmore)

So which doesn't fit for me to the story is their ties with House Tyrell.The lord Glenmore (father of Arthur and Elaena) sent originally his Elite Glenmore Guard in a short bound to the Reach in which I think is the worse moment for the North,I thought on a first sight that House Glenmore wanted to secure Roose Bolton rule on the North as Bannermen to the Ryswells,the North has barely no troops to defend themselves why sent them to the Tyrells?Can the Glenmores defend Rillwater Crossing?.

We already now that the Glenmores have cousins in the Riverlands(Master Ortengryn said so on episode 6).
And we can suppose that there are Glenmores on the Reach being the only reason for sending troops south.
The Northern Lord Glenmore thinks about this influence as powerful and important,I think even more important than Roose Bolton's or his liege opinion.

What are your thoughts about House Glenmore background?Did they follow the Starks during the War of the Five Kings or the Tyrells actually?
Why are they so confident about the defence of Rillwater Crossing? Will we know more on Season 2?
What are the relation between the Boltons and the Glenmores?
Also give me your thoughts about how was Lord Glenmore's reaction post his son Arthur's death,does he know about it?

Comments

• edited July 2017

If you ask me,I think the justification they suffered that small loses during the War of the Five Kings was because they joined on a first moment(along with House Ryssell) the butchering of the Red Wedding,deteriorating the relations with House Bolton on the post Red Wedding.
    Joining the Tyrells with their southern cadet-branch is possible to me,participating perhaps on the Battle of BlackWater against Stannis.

Lord Glenmore feared(if you trust Ludd's words) his threats when the Whitehill's visited Rillwater.Changing Rodrik's betrothal (if achieved) for Gyff's.
    I think that Lord Glenmore could be featured as a player who joins the group that more things offered him(The card that warms him most).
    Their relation with the Boltons fell when they found out their little help to the Forresters.

The interesting point is that this facts,Elite Glenmore Guard retaking Ironrath was planned by their children not by him,We can deduce here than the loyalty of his vassals is not absolute;They don't trust cause the decisions he has taken in this period of time.
    I would like a lot a Glenmore,sub-plot in season two to know more about this interesting house.

But these are only my theories!

• So we have 3 cadet branches of house Glenmore along Westeros, that's interesting I believe that The Northern Glenmores and the Riverland's follow the Stark during the War of the Five Kings.We are speaking of each one of them owns loyalty to a different liege.

But my option is that Lord Glenmore had a personal slight with a member of House Stark which thrown him to betray them along its lieges in the Red Wedding?

Tunak23 posted: »

If you ask me,I think the justification they suffered that small loses during the War of the Five Kings was because they joined on a first m

• edited July 2017

I could agree with that.But Why so much loyalty to House Tyrell?
    The Glenmores sent their elite force of troops to the Reach instead on uniting it in a better defence of Rillwater Crossing and if we follow the "Bolton loyalist" path,they should have left the troops in the North,helping Roose defending it.

Other interesting fact is that people from the Reach like Sera(remember episode 2)never heard about the Glenmores...you can blame that on her bastard background but she had lived in Highgarden for along time.Seeing important nobles around the keep on meetings with the Tyrell since an early age.I find that quite interesting.

Rennar posted: »

So we have 3 cadet branches of house Glenmore along Westeros, that's interesting I believe that The Northern Glenmores and the Riverland's f

• edited July 2017

Season 5 of the show is pretty much the first step to the downfall of House Tyrell with Margaery's and Loras' arrest. I am curious as to how that will effect the Glenmores and Sera. Considering that Season 1 of the game showed how the Red Wedding crippled the Forresters.

Things ain't going to look too good for Sera even if you protected her.

• edited July 2017

Yeah the question here is,Where does House Glenmore loyalty lie?
    We can now say that not with the Bolton's(Arthur's Murder),The Ryswell's are still there but I doubt they will be introduced on the game which is sad I wanted Rodrik Ryswell in the Lord of the Rills.
    Elaena is with the Riverland's Glenmores if you sent her away from the Whitehills,so they could play a role on.

That's why we need a Glenmore sub-plot,At least speculating they're running out of allies...

And Sera for me at least I sold her out for earning "complete" Maergary's trust so she is on her own now.

Season 5 of the show is pretty much the first step to the downfall of House Tyrell with Margaery's and Loras' arrest. I am curious as to ho

• Even the CK2 makes references to both cadet-branches.
    I do really appreciated that.
    Also When they speak about Glenmore Keep,they mean a shortcut to refer to Rillwater Crossing?
    Or is another keep enterely?

Tunak23 posted: »

Yeah the question here is,Where does House Glenmore loyalty lie? We can now say that not with the Bolton's(Arthur's Murder),The Ryswell's a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.