Lukas sucks!

I hate this guy. He is just a stereotype that likes to get angry for legit no reason sometimes. He annoys me and I hope he dies because, to me, he is the most uninteresting and unnecessary character in the entire series. I legit would take ANYBODY over him. I am highly disappointed he will appear in the next episode.

Comments

• If you are going to write that a charcter sucks then maybe give a good argument towards it. You said that he gets angry for no reason sometimes, maybe give an example when that happens.

I for one like Lukas, and I think that Petra is the most uninteresting and unnecessary. I saw you commenting on Petra sucks thread that you can't see how she is bad, when she is the tough-girl stereotype.

• Both Petra And Lukas are trying to do their personality, Its just from the game.

• I disliked Lukas at times in season 1. I felt like i was always reigning him in and keeping him from fucking up the group. That choice where he just randomly asked to take over leadership was not cool.

He's better in season 2 though, more thoughtful and chilled out. I like how hes an author who lives in a quiet spot outside the town. Seems he is coming to save our asses.

• edited August 2017

Your actually right, I didn't think about that!
    I didn't think about the differences between season 1 and season 2, I can actually see how lukas is a jerk.

I disliked Lukas at times in season 1. I felt like i was always reigning him in and keeping him from fucking up the group. That choice where

• Tekano, I found your whole "opinion" on Lukas to be a huge exaggeration. One thing is when you have a genuine reason to dislike a character, another thing is to throw something that lacks logic or has no real motive.

I hate this guy. He is just a stereotype that likes to get angry for legit no reason sometimes.

You sure you're not describing Petra there? She kinda acts like that during the first episode of THIS SEASON. And during the three episodes special. The only time I legit saw Lukas angry, was because he blamed himself for not saving Petra/Gabriel in time (during the first season) and a little bit crossed at you (if you decided to be a jerk to him in almost every episode).

He annoys me and I hope he dies because, to me, he is the most uninteresting and unnecessary character in the entire series. I legit would take ANYBODY over him. I am highly disappointed he will appear in the next episode.

You and the rest of "I hate Radar 1111" or "I hate x for no goood rezons" people. He's quite an interesting character, even if he turned up to be a huge dork writing stories (which some are not accurate, as you might have noticed). Given that the title of the game is Story Mode, and Lukas is a writer, I'd say he at least has a role. Let's see how the episode turns out, before we sentence this character to die?

• I felt like i was always reigning him in and keeping him from fucking up the group. That choice where he just randomly asked to take over leadership was not cool.

Well, sometimes i like the people who have leadership materials. Lukas is not trying to fucking up the group imo, he's just trying to help, that's nice. The only thing i hate from him in Season 1 is only when he froze while Jesse trying to save Petra/ Gabriel, but at least he's admit his fault.

And he mostly worthy in Adventure Pass episodes (For example, Episode 6 and 7), he did a lot of assistance/ help in that Episode. For what its worth, i think he should become a co - leader or NCO in the group

I disliked Lukas at times in season 1. I felt like i was always reigning him in and keeping him from fucking up the group. That choice where

• That awkward person who loves all the characters quietly slips into the thread and watches from afar...

• Lukas is one of the most likeable characters though. He can only really be mean depending on choices and he’s usually always one your side while others like Petra will yell at you for following your responsibilities. You didn’t give to much evidence about why he’s so bad.

• Funny i kinda find it the otherway around with petra and lucas. (Tho I still like lucas).

Creeper1846 posted: »

Lukas is one of the most likeable characters though. He can only really be mean depending on choices and he’s usually always one your side w

• I didn't give enough evidence because there was not much evidence. I just think he's a bad character, evidence or not. Also, mainly the reason I hate him is because of most of his behavior in episode three. Maybe I would not hate him if he didn't act like a jerk.

• He kinda sucked ass in episode 3 but other than that I don't know what your talking about

• Does this seem like someone else?
    enter image description here

• Every single time he got angry, he had a reason to be angry. Yes, even on Episode 3, where he was getting easily annoyed. If you bother to ask him what's up, he let it out.

He is scared, but trying to be brave as to not let you and the others down again because he still blames himself for freezing when everything is being destroyed by an eldritch abomination right in front of him (in a situation that, let's face it, it is perfectly understandable to freeze). And that is what makes him act the way he does during the first half of the third episode (he goes back to being super sweet after you talk to him about the issue, unless you are a jerk to him).

Other than that, his reactions are in line with the way you treat him. Even if you go out of your way to antagonize him, he doesn't get angry at you as often as, for example, Petra.

• Haha. I love how that look on Petra's face is like "Huh? You talkin' to me?!"

Does this seem like someone else?

• edited August 2017

You've failed to actually state what it is about him that makes him "suck".

Lukas is a cool, nice guy without falling into that stereotype of being the "Cool, popular, pretty guy that is a stuck-up, egotistical jerk".
    He's incredibly loyal, and his friends are super important to him.
    He's honest with himself and is able to admit to his mistakes.
    A quality of his that I admire the most is that he's not afraid to show his feelings!
    Plus, he's got really nice hair!

What I love about your post though is this part:

I hate this guy. He is just a stereotype that likes to get angry for legit no reason sometimes.

How can you have a legit reason if there is no reason? And that "sometimes" at the end is just the icing on the cake.
    Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I found that pretty funny... XD

• The whole cool guy thing is NOT what I meant to go for. I just meant that stereotypical sweet guy. He just seems like a crappy copy paste of one of those guys.
    Yeah, because doubting Jesse and SNAPPING for barely reason at all makes him so "loyal"
    Yeah, because he knows that there is no time and reason to lie in circumstances like these.
    That's something common in a LOT of characters in video games history. Nothing Special.
    Also, his hair is just blocks on top of another block. His hair is not much different from other characters' hair. Plus that's not even a valid argument.

Now clearly you wasn't reading properly or just don't understand that type of statement. By saying THAT, I meant that he snapped for LITTERALLY no reason. And that "sometimes" is just to show you that that isn't an acceptable feature. He shouldn't have to act like that AT ALL.
    Also, take note that these arguments state why I hate him, not why he is a bad character overall.
    You are trying to debunk someone's opinion, too.

You've failed to actually state what it is about him that makes him "suck". Lukas is a cool, nice guy without falling into that stereotyp

• The whole cool guy thing is NOT what I meant to go for. I just meant that stereotypical sweet guy. He just seems like a crappy copy paste of one of those guys.

That he seems like a crappy copy paste character, it's Telltale's "brilliant" writing. Don't you think Petra is affected too? And the majority of the characters, in general? But hey, at least he wasn't that "sweet" during the first few episodes. More like "sour" with hints of "bitterness" and slightly "jealousy"? He doesn't admit right away that he likes how Jesse works with the team when Axel calls him out in the first episode.

Yeah, because doubting Jesse and SNAPPING for barely reason at all makes him so "loyal"

It's normal to doubt choices the "leader" makes, given that you don't know anything about him/her. Just like in real life. What? You never doubted your boss/whoever was in charge of things?

Yeah, because he knows that there is no time and reason to lie in circumstances like these.

Lying was never Lukas' strongest suit. He'd rather dance around the subject rather than be blunt, at least in the beginning. Everything changed as things took an ugly turn, and lying wouldn't help anyone. It surely didn't help Gabriel/Petra either with the wither sickness. :P

That's something common in a LOT of characters in video games history. Nothing Special.

Common? Maybe or maybe not. I'd say the same thing about tough guuuurls, big muscle no brains guyz/gurlz, cliche dumb protagonists and more.

Also, his hair is just blocks on top of another block. His hair is not much different from other characters' hair. Plus that's not even a valid argument.

I'll admit, I can imagine Lukas to have Johnny Bravo's hairstyle until he puts his goggles on. xD I'm not sure if Psychokinesis did this on purpose or not, but I think that's a reference to Jesse's thoughts about Lukas. If you convinced the blondie to stay with you, you get the option to say he has nice hair. Olivia will confirm that. xD

Now clearly you wasn't reading properly or just don't understand that type of statement. By saying THAT, I meant that he snapped for LITTERALLY no reason. And that "sometimes" is just to show you that that isn't an acceptable feature. He shouldn't have to act like that AT ALL.
    Also, take note that these arguments state why I hate him, not why he is a bad character overall.
    You are trying to debunk someone's opinion, too.

You never stated in the main post why you "hate" him. Only after people pointed out your so (non-existent) reasons did you finally say something that makes sense. You never wrote a for-against essay in school? Because if you did, you should know each opinion needs to be supported with arguments, evidence etc.

Tekano posted: »

The whole cool guy thing is NOT what I meant to go for. I just meant that stereotypical sweet guy. He just seems like a crappy copy paste of

• I'm Triggered Now, get me a basket to hide in before the haters find me

• #StahpDeHateThreads

• Petra has a few more features then that. He himself only has that sweetness and little pieces put together. You barely see any of his other traits (Besides episode 3 where he was acting like a jerk). Atleast Petra hasn't shown ONLY toughness. Her sense of humor has grown since episode 5.

Of course you sometimes doubt you're leaders choices. But doubting that they can do certain things shouldn't be an option. You have to keep you're hopes high, no matter how hard or challenging that task may be. Also, how can you "doubt choices the leader makes"? You doubt that their choice could help them? Is that what you mean?

In most of that you basically rewrote what I told them in a clearer way. And Lukas isn't the type to lie. He's a sweet guy with tiny personalities that barely show.

You're telling me that over video game history that you think their are only a few characters who act that way. After every video game series ever made?

I expect him to have normal hair. Since lots of characters have that exact type of hairstyle and nobody gushes over there's that lead me to the conclusion to say that his hair is not much better or special then others'.

To me, boring, jerkish stereotypical characters are characters worth hating. All things I have stated in my main passage. Clearly those are arguments leading to my main reason of hating him. All of you're statements have been rather invalid and I advise you to re-watch or re-play any parts I have mentioned where Lukas acted rather unlikeable.

Lazy_DC posted: »

The whole cool guy thing is NOT what I meant to go for. I just meant that stereotypical sweet guy. He just seems like a crappy copy paste of

• TL;DR

Petra has a few more features then that. He himself only has that sweetness and little pieces put together. You barely see any of his other

• When I say the main post, I was referring to this:

I hate this guy. He is just a stereotype that likes to get angry for legit no reason sometimes. He annoys me and I hope he dies because, to me, he is the most uninteresting and unnecessary character in the entire series. I legit would take ANYBODY over him. I am highly disappointed he will appear in the next episode.

You did not explain anything about why was the main reason for hating him. Not at all. Only after people pointed it out, you finally gave in and said:

I didn't give enough evidence because there was not much evidence. I just think he's a bad character, evidence or not. Also, mainly the reason I hate him is because of most of his behavior in episode three. Maybe I would not hate him if he didn't act like a jerk.

Doubt:

Of course you sometimes doubt you're leaders choices. But doubting that they can do certain things shouldn't be an option.

It is an option to doubt whoever leads, especially if you don't know him/her.

You have to keep you're hopes high, no matter how hard or challenging that task may be.

Should I also remind you that not every person is strong, in term of emotions? Some are very sensitive, and every word could cause them either to lash out violently or burst out crying. Just because being optimistic makes things easier to accept, it doesn't mean everyone will suddenly be positive. It's not possible. You can, however, help the sensitive ones by giving them time to open up.

Also, how can you "doubt choices the leader makes"? You doubt that their choice could help them? Is that what you mean?

What I meant is that you don't know if he/she is capable of making important decisions, you're not even sure if he/she can survive with that kind of responsibility. You doubt his/her ability to lead.

In most of that you basically rewrote what I told them in a clearer way. And Lukas isn't the type to lie. He's a sweet guy with tiny personalities that barely show.

Now you made me curious about a few things. What passage did I rewrite? I only pointed out a small trait Lukas has, at least during a scene. He isn't entirely sweet as you'd think. Would you like to see a complete list of traits he has during the first four episodes? I could do that! Probably. When I'll replay the whole game again to try to make cool trailers.

You're telling me that over video game history that you think their are only a few characters who act that way. After every video game series ever made?

If I had a coin for every cliche tough gurlz, boiz/gurlz big musle no brainz, dumb protagonists... What I'm saying is that there are plenty of characters that fall in the cliche tropes. Lukas isn't the only character in the game to fall in that category. So is Petra, maybe Axel, maybe Olivia, maybe even Jesse.
    What makes them slightly different than the rest? Well, for starters, they do show their feelings: Olivia will always disapprove your goofiness (no flexing yer arms with yer buddy Axel) and will gladly accept your pep talk (unless you don't do it, then she'll berate you for that); Axel acts dumb, but once he figures out what is happening, he'll definitely support Jesse with a smile or a sad face (the whole meeting with Magnus, 'nuff said); Jesse can be played however you want, and I always choose to call out on everyone's bs option because it's fun to see the main protagonist snapping. I'd say more about Petra, but I said enough in another thread. As for Lukas... I'll post a possible list soon. Maybe.

I expect him to have normal hair. Since lots of characters have that exact type of hairstyle and nobody gushes over there's that lead me to the conclusion to say that his hair is not much better or special then others'.

To be fair, who would even say something about hair? They do look similar, with only a few subtle hints of difference (just liiiike in real liiife). And as I said before, I think it was just a reference to the game, since you do have the option to say that Lukas has nice hair. I wonder if Jesse is not actually envious?

To me, boring, jerkish stereotypical characters are characters worth hating. All things I have stated in my main passage. Clearly those are arguments leading to my main reason of hating him. All of you're statements have been rather invalid and I advise you to re-watch or re-play any parts I have mentioned where Lukas acted rather unlikeable.

This is quite ironic, coming from you. You only threw a few words of "I hate Lukas cause he's boring jerk" without even giving an explication WHY. You never stated the reason until later on. And you call my statements as "invalid"....
    I agree that he acted like a jerk half of the third episode and... I disagree that he truly falls in the "jerk stereotypical character". He isn't a jerk, he is a simple character with his own limits. Since you so settled to hate on the character without even seeing these facts, you'll consider this post as invalid as well.

Petra has a few more features then that. He himself only has that sweetness and little pieces put together. You barely see any of his other

• A character getting angry or having anger issues? That's nothing new in any dimension; even I punch things when I'm angry. But it still is a piss-poor reason to dislike a character. Plus wishing for the character to pretty much die because he is "uninteresting and unnecessary" in your opinion is pretty trashy. Just because it's your opinion, doesn't mean it it's right.

• There's no baskets here, but there is an item chest that you might like to hide in again.

L-dog posted: »

I'm Triggered Now, get me a basket to hide in before the haters find me

• I'm not sure if Psychokinesis did this on purpose or not, but I think that's a reference to Jesse's thoughts about Lukas. If you convinced the blondie to stay with you, you get the option to say he has nice hair. Olivia will confirm that. xD

Yeah, that's what I was referencing. I'm glad you picked up on it. XD

• Don't have the time and the care to respond to that, therefore I will leave this thread to rot. I won't be checking this thread anymore. Also, I had no main reason. My reasons were the only reasons....

Bye!

When I say the main post, I was referring to this: I hate this guy. He is just a stereotype that likes to get angry for legit no reaso

• I might come back someday but not right now. I don't feel like responding and I hate arguing anyway. Maybe I will come back though.

Don't have the time and the care to respond to that, therefore I will leave this thread to rot. I won't be checking this thread anymore. Also, I had no main reason. My reasons were the only reasons.... Bye!

• Nice

There's no baskets here, but there is an item chest that you might like to hide in again.

• no he doesn't

• I have the exact opposite opinion and I don't really see a reason to blame this character. I personally love the character. It was important to some of us (including me) that he appeared in the new episode.

• Как грубо!) Зачем же так о персонажах, ты учти то что это всего лишь игра, хоть это не имеет значение, но все жё, да и где он так накосячил то? Неужели 2 сезон настолько изменчив?

EpixStorm posted: »

I have the exact opposite opinion and I don't really see a reason to blame this character. I personally love the character. It was important to some of us (including me) that he appeared in the new episode.

• edited September 2017

Oh com on, I can't use Google Translate all time!

Как грубо!) Зачем же так о персонажах, ты учти то что это всего лишь игра, хоть это не имеет значение, но все жё, да и где он так накосячил то? Неужели 2 сезон настолько изменчив?

• Попробуйте нажать правой кнопкой по сайту, я нажимал и там была функция перевести на русский язык, у вас разве такого нет?

ali1382 posted: »

• И если вам так сложно я могу использовать Google Translate, мне не в падлу, будет конечно не красиво но хоть что-то, и я тебе не знаток английского, сюда бы моего братца, он умеет немного шпарить

ali1382 posted: »

• No, we don't have.

Попробуйте нажать правой кнопкой по сайту, я нажимал и там была функция перевести на русский язык, у вас разве такого нет?

• Lol, you were totally wrong, you got banned becuse of speaking Russia!

И если вам так сложно я могу использовать Google Translate, мне не в падлу, будет конечно не красиво но хоть что-то, и я тебе не знаток английского, сюда бы моего братца, он умеет немного шпарить

• PLEASE PROTECT MAI FRIEND LUKAS

• I totally agree with you Tekano Lukas is just.. a really REALLY boring character it's not that he's unnecessary he's just.. TOO NICE and characters like that get super boring fast yeah sorry not sorry COME AT ME LUKAS FANS at least characters like Jack, Radar, and Petra have some attitude and PERSONALITY Lukas has always been that stereotype nice guy who just stands around.. smiling... being nice... AND ITS BEEN THAT WAY FOR THE WHOLE 2 SEASONS I MEAN COME ON you would think people would be bored by him now

Sign in to comment in this discussion.