The New Fighting Style

Am I the only one that really dislikes this new fighting technique

Comments

• I'm curious as to why you dislike it. Its practically the older mechanics, but with more style and mobility. The fact that they added dodge rolling and power management makes things a bit more uh Strategic (Sort of but not really), and the sword swings being double the speed was a much needed improvement no more awkward delayed flailing.

• I dislike it because when they're about to attack it's quite unexpected and the game doesn't really warn you. Also it doesn't feel right with the game I would like to stick with the usual qte fights

I'm curious as to why you dislike it. Its practically the older mechanics, but with more style and mobility. The fact that they added dodge

• How doesn't the game warn you? There's animation cues of spiders ready to hop or a zombie prodding forward. So did you not like it as well in season 1? If so fair enough, but the improvements imo as someone who did sorta like the free range combat beforehand are much appreciated and made the action sequences pretty fun.

Mister Pro posted: »

I dislike it because when they're about to attack it's quite unexpected and the game doesn't really warn you. Also it doesn't feel right with the game I would like to stick with the usual qte fights

• Like i said I would like to stick with the Quick Time Events (QTE) and I hope they won't add this "Technique" in future games

How doesn't the game warn you? There's animation cues of spiders ready to hop or a zombie prodding forward. So did you not like it as well i

• Yes, yes you are the only one ;)

• Well I feel like it’s an actual game I’m playing and this is how telltale is still hooking me on thier games they keep adding (somewhat) new mechanics and there are still plenty of QTE combat sequences. Also the new fight mechanics make the game more challenging because of the energy bar which I enjoy I would have definitely died a lot if we didn’t have as many hearts as provided.

• Maybe mixing it in with QTE events would be nice

I personally really liked it, fighting one of the statues back in the admin' temple was a fun challenge

• I love the new fighting style, Mostly the rolling/dodging.

• but think about it. is there any indication when jesse is about to attack? if you were in a fight irl, would the enemy show any sign that they're about to attack? it's just based on reflexes and suprising the enemy.

I dislike it because when they're about to attack it's quite unexpected and the game doesn't really warn you. Also it doesn't feel right with the game I would like to stick with the usual qte fights

• I don't like the stamina bar, but other than that I don't care one way or the other.

• Well its a game

SarniX posted: »

but think about it. is there any indication when jesse is about to attack? if you were in a fight irl, would the enemy show any sign that they're about to attack? it's just based on reflexes and suprising the enemy.

• I like when combat techniques get more complex in games, but not necesarilly more difficult, like the 1.9 combat update for minecraft java, it made combat more complex, but not more difficult than it was before

• I know...

Yes, yes you are the only one

• Well..That's your opinion Personally i don't agree with it but oh well.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Well I feel like it’s an actual game I’m playing and this is how telltale is still hooking me on thier games they keep adding (somewhat) new

• Mixing it with QTE (quick time events) i would agree!

TarZ_ posted: »

Maybe mixing it in with QTE events would be nice I personally really liked it, fighting one of the statues back in the admin' temple was a fun challenge

• Same, I really hate the stamina bar

I don't like the stamina bar, but other than that I don't care one way or the other.

• You are getting of topic, stick with "The Minecraft Story Mode" talk or find another discussion.

I like when combat techniques get more complex in games, but not necesarilly more difficult, like the 1.9 combat update for minecraft java, it made combat more complex, but not more difficult than it was before

• Yes, you're the only one, I akshely like the new fighting style

• Just comparing, they have similarities.

You are getting of topic, stick with "The Minecraft Story Mode" talk or find another discussion.

• I think it's better. The dodging is a good feature in it, and the stamina bar actually makes it so that you have something to look out for while fighting. It also stops just waving and swinging your sword around til you kill something.

• I dislike the stamina bar, like everything else. I'm horrible at stamina management.

• Jesse MAY be tired of fighting, right? You never tired you were not?

AnimalBoy posted: »

I dislike the stamina bar, like everything else. I'm horrible at stamina management.

• Actually*

ali1382 posted: »

Yes, you're the only one, I akshely like the new fighting style

• If I see the excuse "But it's a video game! " one more time...

Linkyop posted: »

Jesse MAY be tired of fighting, right? You never tired you were not?

• Come on, a few swings with the sword doesn't make you that tired. Jesse could easily go on for a bit longer than that Stamina Bar tells you. There's been lots of QTE where he does a lot more than a few rolls and a few swings.

Note that I like the new system, I only dislike the bar.

Linkyop posted: »

Jesse MAY be tired of fighting, right? You never tired you were not?

• QTEs are overused and very lame. I'll take experimental combat as opposed to boring button prompts. Not saying it's great, but it's a step in the right direction.

• edited September 2017

I honestly think it's kind of cool, and an improvement over last season.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.