The Enigma - Early Impressions Discussion

For folks who have seen or have already played the episode, what did you think of the premiere? Did the improvements help the overall experience or did you feel they hindered them. Feel free to give a quick SPOILER FREE impression and score if you feel like it. I'll be sure to add mine when I finish it tomorrow.

Please refrain from posting spoilers in this thread. Even if you use spoiler tags, spoilers still show up in FP11's profile feed. I will potentially give out short bans to people who continue to post spoilers after this warning. - Blind Sniper

RATE episode 1

Tagged:

Comments

• I've only watched some of the first half of the episode, but so far so good it seems. The new characters brought in are good and characters continue to be twisted and shaped into something different and exclusive to Telltale, just like in Season One.

I know of two of the major choices in the episode, but they're pretty interesting. Especially the second one I found out about, it's pretty intense.

It's an episode where shit actually goes down, which is awesome. And that's only from the first half of the episode.

• I give it a 5/5 it looks amazing!

• From what I've seen on YouTube, I really enjoyed the episode and thought it was a strong way to premiere the Season.

• I'd say it 90% moist

• It's really a good episode. I think this is the second longest Telltale episode with TWD Episode 4 being the first. The riddler was amazing, the graphics are better but there are still few frame issues and the ending of the episode was kind of shocking but predictable at the same time, especially if you watched Suicide Squad, even if this game isn't canon to DCEU.

I'd give it a 9/10.

• Cool. Good to know some pretty big stuff still happens in the premiere.

I find the premiere in Telltale's games to not be the best at giving big moments, as it's mostly just setting things up (they're still enjoyable though.. Don't get me wrong on that), but this sounds hopeful.

I've only watched some of the first half of the episode, but so far so good it seems. The new characters brought in are good and characters

• [removed]

AronDracula posted: »

It's really a good episode. I think this is the second longest Telltale episode with TWD Episode 4 being the first. The riddler was amazing,

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2017

Just going to remind the people here that absolutely no spoilers will be tolerated in this spoiler free impressions thread.

• I honestly really loved it, nice to see that Telltale seems to be emphasizing how choices affect relationships and the few callbacks to Season One have been nice, although I hope we get more. The ending was rather predictable apart from the villains though.

10/10 - Has everything I've asked for in regards to a Telltale Game - Good story, character development, choices having impactful consequences, good carry-over choices, nice hubs (could do with a bit more) and they're even keeping the codex and feeds which I very much enjoyed (hopefully we get the news channels back too though).

• Gives me faith that Wolf Season 2 will be alright.
    I'm honestly impressed it was this length and this good, lets hope it stays that way

• Great start 10/10, but I hope every episode will be It least 2 hours long

• It was great and my playthrough was about 2 hours and 30 minutes! Ended well and I love the relationships you make with the characters. 8.8/10 or according to the straw poll 4.5/5 .

• Have you forgotten about TFTB?

It's really a good episode. I think this is the second longest Telltale episode with TWD Episode 4 being the first. The riddler was amazing,

• What about it?

Have you forgotten about TFTB?

• Those episodes were all 2 hours + some even 2 hours 40 mins long

What about it?

• edited August 2017

Well, the longest episodes of that were Episode 1 and Episode 5.
    EP1 was just over two hours, and I found EP5 to be about two and a half hours.

But that's nowhere near TWD Season 1 Episode 4. The Walking Dead Season 1 was the last of Telltale's "games" before they decided to focus more on story and plot than point-and-click features. TWD Season 1 had each episode at least 3 hours long. That's how it was for me, at least. Maybe I'm just bad at point and click titles. Anyway, Episode 4 did have the longest as walking around the school and having to go to the back garage twice took a while.

Edit: But I haven't played Batman S2 yet, so I dont know how long it really is. Though I will agree that TFTB did have some long episodes to contend with.

Those episodes were all 2 hours + some even 2 hours 40 mins long

• edited August 2017

Fantastic premiere with enough improvements and refined mechanics to be called a second season. The choices were tough, the puzzles were involving, and the action sequences and choreography are some of the best we've seen from the series. a roaring start for the season and I can't wait to dive into the second episode as soon as its all polished and ready to go. 4.5/5

• I have to admit, I LOVED this episode. Especially this iteration of the Riddler. Robin Atkin Downes just kills it with his portrayal of Nigma.

If I'm being honest, I actually think this episode is better than any episode of season 1 in my opinion. Here's hoping the rest of the season is as good!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.