**** death was stupid (spoilers to S02E01)

Lucius death was stupid, instead of talking to Bruce his last words, he had plenty of time to flee the room. Who thinks the same?

Tagged:

Comments

• First thought that came to mind for me was "Doesn't he have an open window he could toss the bomb out of?"

• edited August 2017

I think, he did not do that, because he could kill innocent people outside.

AnimalBoy posted: »

First thought that came to mind for me was "Doesn't he have an open window he could toss the bomb out of?"

• It wasn't a bomb, it was a missile radio, it sent a signal and a missile was sent out to target its location, meaning there was no way to avoid Lucius dieing

AnimalBoy posted: »

First thought that came to mind for me was "Doesn't he have an open window he could toss the bomb out of?"

• I know, but that still doesn't make any sence, he could just leave that radio in office and escape

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

He was trying up until the last moment to disable it, or at the very least try to stop/divert it. You see him typing away on a computer as he's saying his final words, and if you let the timer run down a bit, he mentions how he might still have time to disable it. He could have ran, but he decided to try to stop the missile from hitting the office. So in a way, what he did was quite selfless-- instead of just running to save his own life, he risked his own trying to stop anyone else from getting hurt.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
    edited August 2017

It's also worth noting Lucius likely didn't have specs on the missle, so he wouldn't know how much damage or even how far away it was.

Deltino posted: »

He was trying up until the last moment to disable it, or at the very least try to stop/divert it. You see him typing away on a computer as h

• Yeah, he urged Bruce to take Tiffany and get out of the building, so he likely thought the missile could destroy most if not all of the Wayne Tower.

HiroVoid posted: »

It's also worth noting Lucius likely didn't have specs on the missle, so he wouldn't know how much damage or even how far away it was.

• Lucius realized that the box was an emitter and that the missile was coming. Yes, it is so easy to say that he could have ran away or threw the box outside.

But Lucius has been established to be a good man. And he tried to disable the missile so he could keep people from being hurt. He also turned on the evacuation alarm to get people out. So it was more or less a heroic sacrifice as he was the only one who died in the incident.

• I believe he was looking for a way to disable it...throwing it out a window may not be possible depending on the building...and replaying the scene...he did not have a window that opened.

I will miss him...and I know Bruce will too. But in the war against the criminally insane....there will be losses. And poor Bruce is only at the relative start of his career in this version of the Batman story.

• I know that. He could still toss it out the window so by the time the missile hit the target it was far enough away from him.

• Yeah, I was more or less wondering the same thing. I was yelling at the screen "Stop decoding it! Get out of the building! Run!" But alas, no.

As others have mentioned here, he was probably trying to disable the signal by that point, so as to cause the least amount of damage. He's that type of man. The golden-hearted kind.

• Like most people mentioned he was trying to find a way to disable it and I don’t think he could get away in time because he couldn’t use stairs or get in an elevator that fast to get to a safe floor.

• His death appears that way only because of hindsight. It's as HiroVoid mentioned - he knew now that it was a homing signal. He had no way of knowing how large the explosion would be or if the tower would remain standing. Not only was her concerned with the lives within the building, but those surrounding it as well. He ordered the building evacuation as soon as he knew what it was, but hoped he'd have the time to disable it to save others. Even with the warning, sixteen other people were injured in the blast.

• To be honest I find Bruce's behavior the one that is kinda stupid. The thing was clearly emitting some sort of signal, he should have found it suspicious at least, even if it on itself didn't contain any kind of explosives.

But alas, even though Batman is the world's best detective, if he doesn't make mistakes here and there or is a little careless with something, it gets pretty hard to move the story forwards. Also, he is still at the start of his career as Batman, so I can forgive a few mistakes.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, I was more or less wondering the same thing. I was yelling at the screen "Stop decoding it! Get out of the building! Run!" But alas, n

• As for me, I didn't think that was a signal.
    I just assumed that was the beeps and bloops of machinery, and there was still a need to crack into it to find any info.
    It didn't seem to lead to anything like what the usual Riddler's schemes are, it was just... Incomplete. Or so I thought. :'(

Abeille posted: »

To be honest I find Bruce's behavior the one that is kinda stupid. The thing was clearly emitting some sort of signal, he should have found

• I think I immediately thought it was a signal because every character kept questioning what the sound was, so I figured it had to be relevant to the story. But now that I think of it, maybe it wasn't so obvious and I just took the story cues, which are not available for the characters themselves of course.

AChicken posted: »

As for me, I didn't think that was a signal. I just assumed that was the beeps and bloops of machinery, and there was still a need to crac

• Yeah... I wasn't thinking about story at the time. I was just going with the flow.
    I sure ain't a detective..

I think I immediately thought it was a signal because every character kept questioning what the sound was, so I figured it had to be relevan

• edited August 2017

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE AND MAKE IT DOUBLE POST.
    (oh no)

I think I immediately thought it was a signal because every character kept questioning what the sound was, so I figured it had to be relevan

Sign in to comment in this discussion.