Aegon The conqueror

LoneW0LF150LoneW0LF150 Banned
edited August 2017 in Game Of Thrones

How would you guys feel if HBO & D&D decided to make one of these Fan Fictions i mean Spin Offs about Aegon The conqueror

Comments

• I would love a good Forum of Thrones show. :3

• Honestly not that happy about it. All of the information about it is written down, you'd know that this character will survive and that one won't. Unless it was in the time of Aegon but about a smaller family, similar to the telltale. Where there's still a lot at stake

• Well, the outcome and some major events would be known, that is true (then again, that's the case with most adaptations anyway). However that would be the case with most prequels, and we know that the spinoff will be a prequel. Besides, there would be a lot of room for fleshing out the characters and storylines.

That said, I'd personally prefer Dance of Dragons over War of Conquest as the spinoff :p

Honestly not that happy about it. All of the information about it is written down, you'd know that this character will survive and that one

• Fair point, I was just saying that you could do it about some random time, it wouldn't need to be some huge event in westeros history that's been written about. Like Aegons conquest wouldn't have as big stakes, field of fire has a known outcome, so does what Torrhen stark does, the king who knelt. And we know Aegon wins, I wouldn't want that. I want something like the battle of the blackwater where I don't know who's going to win.
    I'd much rather see the andal invasion where no history is written, or perhaps the war of the first men and the children of the forest. Or maybe even something set in Essos, the war between Myr, Lys and Tyrosh

Well, the outcome and some major events would be known, that is true (then again, that's the case with most adaptations anyway). However tha

• I would love to the war of the first men and the children of the forest.

Fair point, I was just saying that you could do it about some random time, it wouldn't need to be some huge event in westeros history that's

• Well yeah, I do see where you're coming from. Not knowing where exactly the story is going always adds a bit of extra tension. However, the only reason we have that kind of situation now with GoT is that GRRM hasn't finished his books fast enough to reveal the ending himself (well, it will most likely be a different ending, but still). With something like WoC or DoD it would be more like the standard scenario for adaptation, just like GoT was until season 5, which was when they caught up with the books. The bookreaders did know what would happen in Blackwater when it first aired, and I'm pretty sure majority of them enjoyed it just as much.

Things like the First Men vs. CotF are cool consepts, but there is no story there to adapt, meaning it would be 100% original story. Sure, it could work, but it's a massive risk. Also, going that far to the past would risk the spinoff feeling too different from GoT, which might turn the more casual fans away. I mean, it would basically be a different genre of fantasy. Anyway, whichever story they decide to tell with the spinoff, I'll certainly give it a fair chance.

Fair point, I was just saying that you could do it about some random time, it wouldn't need to be some huge event in westeros history that's

Sign in to comment in this discussion.