Episode 2 CRASH!!! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!

Guys, I know I shouldn't make this post here, but I am trying for like so much time to get to play this episode.

Me, and many others, are unable to do so because of one freaking crash nobody knows how to fix. At the beginning of the episode, when the Star-Lord says "things are gonna get a little bumpy" and tries to press something, the game instantly closes up crashing, without any message or anything.

I am talking with the support team through e-mails for nearly a month already and they are answering once in like 3-4 days. And still they didn't help me at all. THE LAST ANSWER FROM THEM WAS TO VERIFY THE STEAM CACHE!!! AND MY GAME IS BOUGHT ON THE TELLTALE SITE!!! And they knew it!! This is getting ridiculous!!!

Again, I am not the only one who gets this, there was also another post here about this which TT closed up and moved ( this one https://telltale.com/community/discussion/116063/crash-to-desktop-episode-2-space-fight-gonna-get-a-little-bumpy-telltale-download-version ), and there are topics about this on other forums as well, including steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/579950/discussions/0/1353742967802500252/ ). Please, if someone managed to fix this, for the love of whatever, help me out!

P.S. I tried everything. Replayed the first episode for 3 times, changed the dialogue routes, the choices, reinstalled the game like 2 times, redownloaded the episode.. everything!!

Comments

• Well I own the Xbone Version and it won't load at all past the Guardians Title screen.... best of luck too you is all I can say.

• Same issue also I tried to run it on my pc and laptop but it didn't work and it crashes at the same time

• edited August 2017

Suffering the same thing. I even installed it on two different machines and still crashed in the same place. Best guess is the file on Telltale has issues. I read elsewhere that someone else was able to get past it by using someone else's computer, but it crashed right before the credits, which has the same music piece as the one about to play before the game crashes, "Dancing in the Moonlight". Maybe there's a flaw in the file containing that.

• Funny. Actually... that was me. You've read it on the steam forums, didn't you? Yeah, that was definitely me.

magic713 posted: »

Suffering the same thing. I even installed it on two different machines and still crashed in the same place. Best guess is the file on Tellt

• Yeah. Recently suffering this bug, so I'm looking everywhere for possible solutions and I read your post at steam. Figure I'd mention it as a possibility.

Ciocolici posted: »

Funny. Actually... that was me. You've read it on the steam forums, didn't you? Yeah, that was definitely me.

• UPDATE: I can't even launch the game anymore. It freezes at the launch screen when checking for DLC Content. What the hell is going on....

• Yep, same thing is happening to me as well.

Ciocolici posted: »

UPDATE: I can't even launch the game anymore. It freezes at the launch screen when checking for DLC Content. What the hell is going on....

• Same Issue here, tried:
    1. restarting the game
    2. restarting the computer
    3. restarting the episode
    Nothing works
    -- now I know why this one was on a 50% discount

• Same thing, I just put my laptop in plane mode when the game checking DLC content and reactivate internet when i'm on the main menu.

a_xwing posted: »

Same Issue here, tried: 1. restarting the game 2. restarting the computer 3. restarting the episode Nothing works -- now I know why this one was on a 50% discount

• Tried that, still not working, I tried a clean install, same thing

Maxalpha47 posted: »

Same thing, I just put my laptop in plane mode when the game checking DLC content and reactivate internet when i'm on the main menu.

• Exactly the same problem, same moment. I tried to reboot the computer, reinstall the game, everything. Nothing works.

• Same thing happens to me as well.

• Come on Telltale - where's the fix?

• Have you guys tried unistalling and reinstalling the game? Helped me in the long run!

• They always suggest it and I did it. But it never fixed anything. I even removed the files that stayed behind, that should've been removed, but weren't, in the uninstall before reinstalling.

Have you guys tried unistalling and reinstalling the game? Helped me in the long run!

• Same. I am at a loss for how to correct this issue. I hope there's a fix, very annoying.

Well I own the Xbone Version and it won't load at all past the Guardians Title screen.... best of luck too you is all I can say.

• Same issue !
    And i try with my account on 3 pc's same issue !
    http://plays.tv/video/59ac5677f0f79663fb/teltale-repport-bug?from=user
    Please find a solution !

• Same here. Did not have any problems with Episode 1 and I actually enjoyed the Episode. Now I am just frustrated and I am wondering if TTG even has a QA. Won't bother to contact them because their support could never helped me at all and of what I can read here they did not change a bit.

• Just adding to this. I tried reinstalling on different drives and same issue remains.

I feel like there might have been issues with the download files for multiple games from this site because I also just got and installed Borderlands and New Frontier and I also have game breaking issues in those ones as well. Borderlands tries to save in the Guardians folder or creates one when Guardians isn't installed. And New Frontiers 2nd ep apparently has the version with the dev debug mode and the ep locks up at the same place everytime.

Currently have open tickets on those but it is very frustrating having baught these games and can't even play them..

• Thanks for the fix Telltale, worked for me so I can finally continue!

If someone's still having the problem, uninstall and download the installer now, it's been updated and has helped several people.

• right click on my pc and go to properties and then go to the advance setting and then go to the performance setting and then click on data execution an then select your game and then and then add your game and apply and ok it can work see try

• Seems like Telltale has a new client, downloaded and reinstalled, playing from crash point, seems working, now in episode 3
    Thanks, late is better than never

• I have the same problem. Unfortunately, Telltale doesn't do anything about it.
    It concerns only a small number of players.

• This is the reason i dont play on pc :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.