My thoughts about TFTBL and doubts about the final (SPOILER WARNING)

Hi everyone! I just finished tales from the borderlands (i know i'm late but better than ever).
Actually i don't know if there's some thread where you talk about the game (especially the final) or if some discussion was born to share opinions and thoughts, probably yes, Anyway I wanted to spend a few words me too.
Wow! what a game, guys i'm really impressed, I did not think it would have managed to overcome my expectations and instead I'm literally fell in love.
The story is really well, and the characters are so cool, Well-characterized and likeable. The humor is so good, oh man!
A game full of twists, dramatic and funny moments. This is my second TellTale Game (after The wolf among us) and i really enjoy it (In a few days I will start The walking dead).

But there is one thing that left me full of questions... The ending cliffhanger. What happened? Where did fiona and Rhys go after they touched the chest? What do you think guys?

If there will be a second season (I hope so) will the story resume from where it was interrupted? Or TellTale change the main characters to focus on others?
Personally, i really want to see again The current characters especially after sasha is not dead (man that part).

I really hope to see a second season, my hopes are higher knowing that the telltale tries to hear more fans (example TWAU 2 that coming in 2018) but someone say that we must wait after the release of Borderlands 3.

Sorry for my bad english I tried to explain better than I can.

Comments

• For that ending cliffhanger, it's unknown what happened to Rhys and Fiona, as for whether or not it may be explained sometime in the future, it's possible Borderlands 3 could do something with it if they so chose to, or if Telltale ever did make a season 2 they could start from there. So it's really anyone's guess as to what might happen.

• edited August 2017

Thanks for telling me but it's really frustrating not to know how it will end. Waiting is not always easy if there is at least one confirmation... we will be seen in the future.

dojo32161 posted: »

For that ending cliffhanger, it's unknown what happened to Rhys and Fiona, as for whether or not it may be explained sometime in the future,

• Tales from the freakin Borderlands. What can be said about this game? I loved every single second of it. So much so that I was so pissed off at myself for going through the entire game in a single day.

I know nothing about the Borderlands series, but this game was everything I truly wanted in a story. Comedy, Action, Romance, it had it all. My only gripe is that they should've given the player the equal option of pursuing Fiona as a romantic interest instead of making it a kind of easter egg option at the end if you played your cards right.

As for what happened to them, a theory I've seen, I don't know how plausible it really is, but people say when you open a vault you gain the abilities of the Guardian protecting the vault. According to that theory I read, Rhys and Fiona were transported somewhere, I'm assuming at random, like the Vault of the Traveler itself.

If this theory is legit, I'd love a second season based on Rhys and Fiona's journey back to Pandora. TELLTALE MAKE IT HAPPEN, TAKE MY LIFE'S SAVINGS!!!

On the Telltale Summer Update 2017 video, someone kept tweeting Telltale everyday until Season 2 of Wolf Among Us was announced. I'm bouta do the same with Tales from the Borderlands. The fact a second season has yet to be announced is blasphemous. ! Blaspehmous!! I pray there is an announcement after next year's TWD Final Season and TWAU2

• yeah I pray me too, finger crossed.
    But for the moment i really want that TellTale focuses mainly on improving more than can the quality of its IPs

Sarunas21 posted: »

Tales from the freakin Borderlands. What can be said about this game? I loved every single second of it. So much so that I was so pissed off

• gearbox said that there will be a new planets in bl3 so my guess is that they teleported to the new planet they gearbox was talking about. If tales does get a season 2 it would be after bl3 we might get a season 2 in 2019

dojo32161 posted: »

For that ending cliffhanger, it's unknown what happened to Rhys and Fiona, as for whether or not it may be explained sometime in the future,

• TFTBL was a great game, I know when they made it they had to shift staff over to other projects and that meant it was an absolute nightmare to finish the game although they did do a great job with the limited staff they had working on it at the time even if it's a little buggy and they didn't advertise it as well as their other games.

I loved the game it was great but parts of it seemed a little rushed like Rhys and Sasha, their relationship goes from Sasha being horrible to him and Rhys dropping hints he has a crush on her blah blah. They messed up the part with Fiona I agree, didn't seem right to add that in as an Easter egg because for the entire game I couldn't connect with Sasha and to force her and Rhys relationship was upsetting when for the entire game I really liked Fiona.

The engine could do with updating I hope they fix it if they do make season 2 (please please please I'm begging for this series continuation, just drop got already) because I had loads of weird character model mess ups in my playthorugh on Xbox. This was probably due to limited time they had working on it.

Last episode was great, buggy but well written and paced. Telltale tends to put writing as their main priority so this isn't ground breaking. I wasn't at all disappointed heck I played it through again just to get that short bit of dialogue with Rhys and Fiona saying they liked each other. Sasha needs way more development if she's going to be a love interest, she seems rushed ( and I feel bad for poor august).

• edited December 2017

Resurrecting for my thoughts.

I felt this was the best place for them.

I didn't find the game buggy at all on Steam. There were a bit of loading issues(especially in places where there were determined responses). It was just a little stutter and nothing that bothered me.

Loader bot is now one of my favourite Telltale characters(points to DP). If the Terminator from T2 wasn't an inspiration, I'll eat my hat(I have one somewhere). Too many AI-in-media references to name off hand and it made it more awesome.

Oddly, I find this the most re-playable season since the P+C(pre-TWD) days. It was one of the games where I felt your attitude and relations made a difference to the experience. What made this game stand out to me was the bland primary protagonist. With everyone else being more interesting, I could easily go back and make different choices knowing now how the other characters end up(kind-hearted, mean, or indifferent) and act accordingly. Unlike Bigby, whom I had a clear connection to how he should act, Rhys, felt more open to me.

I liked the ending and I was okay with the baiting finalé. To be honest, I knew it was coming. I thought it'd be when they entered the vault, but was certain it'd be the treasure after that moment passed. It was the right ending for my tastes.

• Hey, glad you enjoyed it! :) If you have time, I'd definitely recommend playing it again, because there are lots of hilarious determinant scenes and lines. Plus there are some choices that mattered more than I initially expected. (namely Trust Jack/Trust Fiona)

Loader bot is now one of my favourite Telltale characters

Nice.

ᴵ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᶦᵈᶰ'ᵗ ᵇᶫᵒʷ ʰᶦᵐ ᵘᵖ⋅

Johro posted: »

Resurrecting for my thoughts. I felt this was the best place for them. I didn't find the game buggy at all on Steam. There were a bit

• ᴵ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᶦᵈᶰ'ᵗ ᵇᶫᵒʷ ʰᶦᵐ ᵘᵖ⋅

Never. Loader bot is love. Loader bot is life.

Pipas posted: »

Hey, glad you enjoyed it! If you have time, I'd definitely recommend playing it again, because there are lots of hilarious determinant scen

Sign in to comment in this discussion.