"Beyond the Wall" Episode Discussion

2»

Comments

• Mirri Maz Duur said, about Drogo coming back to Dany:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east¹, when the seas go dry² and mountains blow in the wind like leaves³. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Oh, right now I remember. Thanks for reminding and explaining me the prophecy.

Abeille posted: »

Mirri Maz Duur said, about Drogo coming back to Dany: "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east¹, when the seas go dry² and mo

• I totally and completely agree with you that it felt very out of character for Jon to bend the knee. Was he not aware that Dany burnt the Tarleys for not bending the knee? This is a queen he trusts to rule intelligently and fairly? The North remembers, and remembers how awful the Targaryens were. What proof will Dany be able to show them that she is different from her ancestors to get them to so quickly trust her? I think a lot of people think highly of Dany because she freed the slaves (and that was a very good thing she did) and her wanting to win with as few casualties as possible is also a good thing... but that doesn't change how impetuous she's been at times or how blinded she can get by her lust for power. So, yes, the ship is absolutely disgusting.

Were you not bothered by how easily Sansa and Arya were manipulated? I was completely annoyed by how childish Arya was and how she clung to the impressions she had of her sister before they parted ways. She's changed a LOT but she doesn't see any difference in Sansa at all. Doesn't ask, just assumes. And Sansa turning to Petyr for counsel... when even in the last episode she was saying that she was suspicious of him.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Let me get this out of the way, I loved the episode, I thought it was fantastic, but I'm about to rant about Dany and Jon so be warned. I

• She told Jon that she couldn't have children. Is she wrong?

BigGazMan posted: »

I believe D&D want us to believe Danny can't have children, so when Danny does get pregnant It be more of a shook and a surprise. I really do believe Jon & Danny child Is the prince It Is promise IMO, Idk about book but

• She assumes she's cursed by the witch back in season 1

ShampaFK posted: »

She told Jon that she couldn't have children. Is she wrong?

• You're crazy. What the hell would the Night King want with a throne? He's not trying to govern, he's trying to destroy humanity.

Mr20320su posted: »

Call me crazy but I think some thing like what dany saw first in "the house of the undying" will happen. Night king is going to destroy the

• We still don't know the motivation of the others and the night king.

You're crazy. What the hell would the Night King want with a throne? He's not trying to govern, he's trying to destroy humanity.

• This podcast talkes about the episode in detail.

• I think we can assume it isn't to sit in the Red Keep, hold court and collect taxes.
    You don't need to capture and occupy a castle viewed by humans as a seat of power, if you can literally control the reanimated dead.
    Especially if everyone in King's Landing is dead as a result of you taking it.
    We know they were created by the Children of the Forest as a weapon against humankind, but it went wrong, and now they just kill anything living to add to their armies. It might be more nuanced than that, but the concept of seizing a throne and ruling over subjects is pretty meaningless when you have power over death itself. If the Night King wants a 'base of operations' in the south (for want of a better term), then somewhere like the Isle of Faces would make more sense, given it's association with the magic of the Children.

We still don't know the motivation of the others and the night king.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.