Guardians Crashing?

edited August 2017 in Game Support

Is anyone else having a problem with the game crashing to the dashboard after the title screen comes up for a few seconds on Xbox One since Episode 3 was released? I was playing Episode 2 yesterday and everything was working fine. I've tried restarting the console and doing a hard reset as one of these usually fixes this issue with other games/apps but neither worked. I have the season pass and installed Episode 3 but this was happening before I did that. I figured maybe it was doing this because I needed to install it but that doesn't seem to be the case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I'm having this problem too. Every time I try to play my game on Xbox 1, it just immediately sends me back to the menu, and I'm hoping to get some help in order to get me to start playing this game.

• They want me to rebuy the episode before I can play, so I havent even started. Another great episode launch by telltale!

• I had the same problem. Ain't got a solution really. I turned off the console for a while but still got kicked off. In the end I jst kept loading up the game and eventually (like after 15 tries) it let me play.

• I have the same problem (disc based). If i pump restarts (try it/ crash/ reboot / try it again/ rinse-repeat) I can usually get it before I get annoyed and give up (that happens as well, usually I get it within 4 tries or so). I have tried to download the trial just to see if it helps, it doesn't seem to matter.

Very frustrating.

• They want you to literally buy it again? As in pay for it twice?

They want me to rebuy the episode before I can play, so I havent even started. Another great episode launch by telltale!

• It seems to be a technical issue. I own the season pass, but it wont let me play episode 3 without purchasing it. So far no fix

LucentP posted: »

They want you to literally buy it again? As in pay for it twice?

• I'm having issues as well. Game abruptly crashes after briefly showing the launch screen. Can we please get an official response on this?

• [removed]

• Ok, none of that worked. Pretty aggravated.

• I've had this problem too. I couldn't get into the game before or after downloading Episode 3 until I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Then it worked fine, but after having my console off for a few hours it's back to having this problem again and nothing seems to fix it.

• I think I may have found a solution to our problem. Xbox Live is currently down that's why the game keeps crashing after the splash screen. So to fix it take your Xbox offline. The game should work as normal and you can play the episode (if you already installed it from the store). You won't be able to see your decisions compared to everyone else, but you will be able to play the episode.
    Just tried it and it worked for me.

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.