Dontnod Entertainment (Life Is Strange, Remember Me) is working with Bandai Namco on a new IP

edited August 2017 in General Chat

Dontnod Entertainment has been working on a new narrative adventure IP in collaboration with Bandai Namco since 2016:
https://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/exclusive-bandai-namco-partners-with-dontnod-on-new-narrative-adventure-ip/0186186

The game will be set in a fictional town in the US and involve a "fair bit of investigation". The studio confirmed that it'll not interfere with the development of Life Is Strange 2.
Further details, including the platforms it'll be, will be revealed in 2018. For now, here's some concept art.

enter image description here

Tagged:

Comments

• Can't wait, the concept art looks cool. I love these sort of games.

• Investigation?

I am in.

• If I were you, my quote would have been:

I WANT IN!!!!!

I WANT THIS

• Sounds like this could be interesting. Hope this one focuses on its mystery.

• Sounds pretty intriguing. Hopefully it's got some well written characters.

• Sounds interesting I’ll give it a shot.

• Don't know if this is a serious post or not.

• I guess we'll see. Vampyr's development should be wrapping up in about 2 months (unless it gets delayed) and LIS2's development began more than a year ago and it supposedly comes out in 2018 according to one of LIS1's writers.

• I still wanna see if Vampyr is shit or not before I see anything else!

• Looks pretty interesting. Adventure games are pretty rad so I'm all in even if its not choice based and more in-line with the Sherlock games.

• I hope so. What was the last good/great vampire game? Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?

Jaku2011 posted: »

I still wanna see if Vampyr is shit or not before I see anything else!

• edited August 2017

Yep, and I'm thinking this'll be released in the 2nd half of 2019 or 1st half of 2020 at the latest, since they didn't even want to reveal what platforms it'll be on. Then again, once Vampyr is finished, I imagine that team or a part of it will move onto this new game.

Edit: And as said in the article:

The story of the game is still being finalised, but its development won't affect work on Dontnod's other major title, Life is Strange 2, as this new title is being developed by a separate team of senior devs "from various horizons," we're told.

So they haven't yet finished writing the story even.

• Sounds like it might focus more on the adventure and investigation aspect, but there could be dialogue choices at least. Maybe, we'll have to wait until next year before they reveal more details. Bandai Namco's Hervé Hoerdt, VP of marketing, had this to say:

"Obviously, with a studio like Dontnod, you can expect triple-A quality; you can expect a very emotional experience, and this is what we were looking for, like with some kind of investigation and going deep into the psychology of the characters, and giving emotion to the player. This is what we're aiming for with this partnership."

Looks pretty interesting. Adventure games are pretty rad so I'm all in even if its not choice based and more in-line with the Sherlock games.

• hipster souls: scholar of the first hella.

• edited August 2017

Leaked concept art & screenshot of the protagonist and deuteragonist.

hipster souls: scholar of the first hella.

• hype shit

MichaelBP posted: »

Leaked concept art & screenshot of the protagonist and deuteragonist.

• Yep, and I haven't even told you that according to this totally legit leaker, the masked girl is in fact Kate from LiS. Or was, until SE said they couldn't mention LiS in another publisher's game, so they tweaked her design and made a few adjustments and name changes.

hype shit

• Wow it really has been a long time

MichaelBP posted: »

I hope so. What was the last good/great vampire game? Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.