Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury for biopic Bohemian Rhapsody

Hey there guys,
If you've been following up any of the recent Telltale Talk threads, you know I've been bombarding everyone with recent news on the new Queen film. This is my way of shutting up about it for good and sharing my final thoughts about it here, until the trailer or film release. If you didn't already know this project was in the works for quite some time, mostly being delayed for the casting choice of Freddie. Some actors that were being considered were Dominic Cooper (The Devil's Double), Ben Whishaw (Skyfall, Spectre) and Daniel Radcliffe. The originally intended actor for the role was going to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat), but he dropped out due to creative differences with Brian May. Rami Malek a few days ago had recently posted a tweet saying he would post pictures of himself as Freddie on his Twitter handle, Brian May posted it first on his Instagram. May also has the pictures of the Live Aid recreation set being used for the pinnacle final scene. I've been a fan of Rami Malek for quite some time ever since Mr. Robot and Until Dawn put him on the map, so naturally I'd be really excited to see how he handles Freddie's personal introvert side of his personality. I honestly have no clue how much of Freddie's mannerisms he's learned from the concert, but if he's mastered every other beat of his motion, I think he will do a fantastic job in the role. I highly doubt he would of had to have been choreographed his movements in that much detail, but I know some die hard fans would want it to be like that or nothing. Anywho I've got the photo's here below, please tell me what you guys think about the project, and if you guys want to learn more about it here's the IMDB link to the trivial portion for the film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727824/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Live Aid set recreation.

Tagged:

Comments

• Huh. Lookin' good there, Rami.
    You can definitely see the similarities between him and the actual Freddie Mercury.
    enter image description here

• Its only a side shot so its not the best picture in the world. But its something for now.

AChicken posted: »

Huh. Lookin' good there, Rami. You can definitely see the similarities between him and the actual Freddie Mercury.

• edited September 2017

He looks a bit... too skinny to me. I mean Freddie was pretty beefy and manly (I don't know how to explain it) and Rami looks a bit too young here to me to be honest. I don't know. I need to see him in action to give my thoughts. Still, can't wait to see both him as Freddie and a movie itself. I hope we're gonna get (at least) a good movie about them.

• Rami looks a bit too young here to me

True, Freddie was almost forty at this time. We'll see. I mean even if there was a trailer for it, it would still be hard to determine if it will be good or not. I like Bryan Singer's films though, despite the supposed allegations towards him.

bruzdaa posted: »

He looks a bit... too skinny to me. I mean Freddie was pretty beefy and manly (I don't know how to explain it) and Rami looks a bit too youn

• Couldn't agree more. We'll see how is it gonna be. As I said I really hope that this is gonna be a decent movie and most importantly a good biography.

Rami looks a bit too young here to me True, Freddie was almost forty at this time. We'll see. I mean even if there was a trailer for

• edited May 2018

"Please tell me you're seeing this too" .This is currently trending on YouTube, Mr. Robot is a chameleon. (Which reminds me that I really need to see season 3 of Mr. Robot).

• Dammit, Josh.

• Oh Freddie, a complicated beautiful man. Lover of life and art...talented beyond all reason and taken from us too soon. I will watch this.

• edited May 2018

I wish they had gone with Sacha baron cohen,

I mean I like rami malek, but sacha is such a dead ringer for Freddy mercury.

• If Cohen had signed it would've been a completely different film apparentley.

Umbassabro posted: »

I wish they had gone with Sacha baron cohen, I mean I like rami malek, but sacha is such a dead ringer for Freddy mercury.

• True

If Cohen had signed it would've been a completely different film apparentley.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.