Assassin’s Creed Origins: Order of the Ancients | Trailer| Ubisoft [US]

edited September 2017 in General Chat

0:22 Scepter of Asset? appeared in one of the AC comics years ago but was declared one year ago or so XD
0:56 Apple of Eden gonna get used to smash somebody to dead probably connection to AC1?
0:59 in all serious is the game finished? they are running into the fire!
1:09 closed thing you get to Japan

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2017

Ubisoft logic: Hidden blade stabs through enemy throat; enemy can't die because hidden blade isn't high enough level.

This game is terrible in every way possible. Just like how they have been since Blag Flag. Syndicate was ok. Origins will be the first AC game I don't buy.

• As always, I'm going to wait. Don't get me wrong, I like AC games, but not enough to pay full price. Gameplay is so very trivial and it changes very little between titles, so I play for the story, and I'm a sucker for Ancient Egypt, so I know I'm going to buy it eventually. Just not really soon after release.

I hope one day one of the AC games will make me as attached to other characters as Black Flag did (goddammit, that ending).

• Honestly probably won’t buy this even though I live the AC trilogy syndicate was great in my opinion but the others games have just gotten weak after black flag I also loved AC 3. I think the only way I would buy this is if it was on the switch it might peak my interest a little more just because portability.

• edited September 2017

"Father!"
    "What's wrong Haytham?"
    "I can't see!"
    carries him

Have u played AC3? If not theres no impact.
    Perfectly sums up the Kenway Saga: Starts off full of energy, ends with bittersweet tragedy.

Abeille posted: »

As always, I'm going to wait. Don't get me wrong, I like AC games, but not enough to pay full price. Gameplay is so very trivial and it chan

• I did, I played every AC. But I preferred the interactions with the pirates in Black Flag to interactions with any other character in the series, in special watching Edward Teatch descend into madness and carrying Mary Read's body out of prison.

If you consider everything that happens in Rogue, it gets even more tragic.

ScootyZ posted: »

"Father!" "What's wrong Haytham?" "I can't see!" carries him Have u played AC3? If not theres no impact. Perfectly sums up the Kenway Saga: Starts off full of energy, ends with bittersweet tragedy.

• you constantly dickride the assassin's creed series yet say the best game in the entire series is the worst and led to every game after being terrible.

be honest with me man, are you from the same planet that tommy wiseau and david lynch came to earth from?

Ubisoft logic: Hidden blade stabs through enemy throat; enemy can't die because hidden blade isn't high enough level. This game is terrib

• it looks like every other assassin's creed game but with desert.

fantastic 10/10

• edited September 2017

To be fair, there are two main types of AC fans when it comes to Black Flag: The ones that love it because it is a good game on itself, and the ones that hate it because it is a poor AC game, as part of a series, not really doing much for the central plot. I love it, myself, but I also recognize that, as part of a series, it isn't so good.

I like to compare it to Skyrim, I do it a lot, because it is in a similar situation. Skyrim is a fantastic game, everybody knows that, the internet never gets tired of praising it. Many Elder Scrolls fans will tell you it is not a good Elder Scrolls, even though it is a good game. It barely scratched the surface of the lore. It dropped important plot lines and then didn't touch them on DLCs at all. Some will even complain they retconned stuff (that's complicated when it comes to Elder Scrolls, since most of the lore is based on unreliable narrators since it is told through in-game books and characters). But it is still a great game on itself.

you constantly dickride the assassin's creed series yet say the best game in the entire series is the worst and led to every game after bein

• Base mechanics do not really change much, true, but the series has an overarching story and each game has it own self-contained plot in addition to it. Plus, characters are varied, and it is always interesting to visit historical places and watch key events unfold, at least to me.

it looks like every other assassin's creed game but with desert. fantastic 10/10

• that's... actually a really good point.

To be fair, there are two main types of AC fans when it comes to Black Flag: The ones that love it because it is a good game on itself, and

• i honrstly prefered ac rogue just because you get to play as a templar only thing i didnt like was violet in the modern day segments she just pissed me off i may just get ac origins to see how it plays out

• Looks great, looking forward to it

• edited September 2017

To be fair, I only hate Origins. It became ridiculous at this point. I love all the others, yeah, even AC1. The very first game. Since when did I say Assassin's Creed 2 is terrible? To be fair, it actually IS the worst in the series. But I still like it. Gaming stories can't get any better.

you constantly dickride the assassin's creed series yet say the best game in the entire series is the worst and led to every game after bein

• Never finished Rogue, not because I don't like it. Just that the Cold Fire mission is simply not possible, even if you're very good at naval combat. Can't be bothered to upgrade the ship, ugh.

I did, I played every AC. But I preferred the interactions with the pirates in Black Flag to interactions with any other character in the se

• Wait, how do people believe it doesn't do much for the central plot when it laid the seeds for nearly every important plot thread currently in the games (which unity and syndicate stalled for whatever reason, but that's besides the point)

To be fair, there are two main types of AC fans when it comes to Black Flag: The ones that love it because it is a good game on itself, and

• Since when did I say Assassin's Creed 2 is terrible?

i was actually talking about AC4.

Gaming stories can't get any better.

i could list 10 more games just off of memory that tell their stories in a nearly objectively superior way that all hit harder and make a more important message

To be fair, I only hate Origins. It became ridiculous at this point. I love all the others, yeah, even AC1. The very first game. Since when

• Upgrading the ship is a core gameplay mechanic lmao.

Never finished Rogue, not because I don't like it. Just that the Cold Fire mission is simply not possible, even if you're very good at naval combat. Can't be bothered to upgrade the ship, ugh.

• Never said Blag Flag was terrible. You must have misinterpreted it or I'm not the same guy you're talking about.

Yeah, do list it. Again, that all boils down to personal preference.

Since when did I say Assassin's Creed 2 is terrible? i was actually talking about AC4. Gaming stories can't get any better.

• I know. Considering Rogue's graphics are pretty sub par compared to Blag Flag on Xbox One, AND the annoying snow, also the annoying whispering in new york. Ugh.

Rogue's open world didn't click with me, that's all. I sped through the story.

Upgrading the ship is a core gameplay mechanic lmao.

• Never said Blag Flag was terrible. You must have misinterpreted it or I'm not the same guy you're talking about.

ehhhhhhhh... maybe...

Yeah, do list it. Again, that all boils down to personal preference.

• Silent Hill 2 and 3

• Dark Souls 1-3 as well as Bloodborne

• Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Conviction

• The entire Uncharted series

• Ultimate Spider-Man

• Batman: Arkham Asylum

• Dishonored (this is probably the only part of this list that's COMPLETELY subjective because i know a lot of people who dislike the story, but I don't care, it's a good story. eat a dick idk)

• Resident Evil 7

• Dead Rising 2

• The entire Max Payne trilogy oh my fucking GOD Max Payne is good

• Bioshock.

Now I'm not saying you aren't allowed to think Assassin's Creed has a great story as a series, as a matter of fact I do believe there are some story elements in a few of the games that work really well, I'm just saying that constantly implying the AC series is the "peak" of video game story telling when 3 of the games have a solid story and the rest are fucking garbage is kinda weird to me.

Never said Blag Flag was terrible. You must have misinterpreted it or I'm not the same guy you're talking about. Yeah, do list it. Again, that all boils down to personal preference.

• Those 3 are the peak imo. I won't give most of those games you listed because it just doesn't click with me. Max Payne's graphics put me off haha. Guess I got too spoiled. I've played USM, can't remember a single part of the story. Its been awhile though.

Never said Blag Flag was terrible. You must have misinterpreted it or I'm not the same guy you're talking about. ehhhhhhhh... maybe.

• I think that's exactly because it only laid the seeds, like you said, when people were used to actually get stuff done in the modern day segments with Desmond.

Wait, how do people believe it doesn't do much for the central plot when it laid the seeds for nearly every important plot thread currently in the games (which unity and syndicate stalled for whatever reason, but that's besides the point)

• edited September 2017

I almost didn't finish Rogue, but not because naval combat is hard (it is, but that's not the issue I had), but because I was utterly disgusted by what I was doing as the main character, because of the attachment I had to some of the characters he was hunting down. I think it is a good game, but man it made me feel awful.

Never finished Rogue, not because I don't like it. Just that the Cold Fire mission is simply not possible, even if you're very good at naval combat. Can't be bothered to upgrade the ship, ugh.

• edited September 2017

ngl USM is pretty much just fan service for people who loved the USM comic (meeee)

the story is literally just the comic

Those 3 are the peak imo. I won't give most of those games you listed because it just doesn't click with me. Max Payne's graphics put me off

• Eh, idk. You got as much done in 4 as you did in previous games (except for obviously 3).

I think that's exactly because it only laid the seeds, like you said, when people were used to actually get stuff done in the modern day segments with Desmond.

• edited October 2017

Wow, wow! I love all the games form AC series. Yesterday just watched the movie and then posted online essay and a couple of reviews based on own experience of playing the game, watching movie and some historical info that I know

• edited September 2023

I would just say AC is my favorite services, I have played all the game from this series. Many of my friends are diehard fan of this AC services, It was out when I was doing mlops course and that time I was very excited. I also found all the things here https://igmguru.godaddysites.com/

• I love all the games form AC series. I even searched for games based on this series on Quick Draw to experience it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.