Recommend me games with good story!

I'm a very picky person when it comes to this. I personally think the best story ever written in the gaming industry is the Desmond games in the Assassin's Creed Series. Nothing have ever topped that (so far). Say that I have bad tastes or I played too little games. The reason for which is I would never in the right mind give those games a chance.

If these are in the game, there's no chance I'm getting it.
-Bad story, characters, soundtrack etc (duh)
-horror
-first person
-open world (if there is) not based in a city
-not emotionally invested
-no sense of mystery

Nothing can top AC. I want to play another game or series but can't find any.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs.

• Too much swearing and nudity.

I'm sorry, I'm just very particular when it comes to these games. I want something like Assassin's Creed, something deep, something very memorable, something that makes you want to go mad to continue the story.

ClemRanger posted: »

LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs.

• -Bad story, characters, soundtrack etc (duh)

-not emotionally invested

I feel like those things are pretty subjective, but I'll see what I can suggest based on your other criteria.

-The Uncharted Series

-Journey

-Infamous

-Bully

-Tomb Raider 2013

-The Arkham Series

-Grim Fandango

• Star Wars The Force Unleashed
    • The Dragon Age Series
    • The Banner Saga
    • The Zero Escape trilogy
    • To The Moon
    • Danganronpa series
    • Ace Attorney series
  • Morrowind, if you are up for old games and don't care for graphics. It has open world, though.

Nothing I played after it ever got close to it in terms of story. Well, ok, there is Oblivion, which has some of the best quest lines in the entire Elder Scrolls series thanks to the guild quest lines. But overall, Morrowind's story is better because its main story is just fantastic.

If you never played an Elder Scrolls game, it's okay, most ES lore was written for Morrowind so it is a pretty good starting point despite it being Elder Scrolls III.

• I can second that, Danganronpa is great, itll destroy your soul with emotion, a very intrigueing story with lots of twists, as well as being damn fun to solve the mysteries

dojo32161 posted: »

* The Zero Escape trilogy * To The Moon * Danganronpa series * Ace Attorney series

• The last of us
    The uncharted series
    Dragon age origins
    Mass effect (1,2,3)

• I love assassins creed games, but you need to get off their dick. There's a magnitude of games out there that are better

• Mass Effect Series (except Andromeda). It has everything you want ; good story, awesome characters, fantastic soundtracks and a great sense of mystery. I'd recommend The Witcher series as well but you said you don't like swearing and nudity also if you have a PS4 definitely get Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Who doesn't want a good bit of nudity in video games?

ScootyZ posted: »

Too much swearing and nudity. I'm sorry, I'm just very particular when it comes to these games. I want something like Assassin's Creed, something deep, something very memorable, something that makes you want to go mad to continue the story.

• Persona 4 hits all your marks.

• The Sly Cooper trilogy
    The Ratchet and Clank trilogy
    The Jak and Daxter trilogy
    Darksiders
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Enslaved, Oddessy of the West

• Well it seems that you have your next game.

Assassin's Creed - Origins.

I have honestly hard time to think games that are enough similar to Assassin's Creed series to recommend any.

Unless you are willing to try something like Rime or the Witness. They are games with mysteries in them and you have to work out the story as it's not spoon fed.

Then there is also Obduction. It has a lot of story if you want to pay attention to it.

Only Rime is third person though.

• I think...

Beyond Two Souls
    Until Dawn
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    The Evil Within
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Detroit: Become Human (Not out yet, but coming soon)

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Um, that game sure has one of the best gameplays but its story is so weak.

SonicGX98 posted: »

I think... Beyond Two Souls Until Dawn Fire Emblem Awakening The Evil Within Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Detroit: Become Human (Not out yet, but coming soon)

• I have to agree on what AronDracula says on the story I was 3/5 into the story and I didn't even notice it

AronDracula posted: »

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Um, that game sure has one of the best gameplays but its story is so weak.

• Yep, fuck Konami. I hope Metal Gear Survive doesn't "survive".

joshua007 posted: »

I have to agree on what AronDracula says on the story I was 3/5 into the story and I didn't even notice it

• edited September 2017

I'd say the story all the way to the end of the Act 1 was great. It was just Act 2 that was sub-par.

Anyways. if you're looking for a REALLY good Metal Gear Story get Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Preferably the 3DS version.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Um, that game sure has one of the best gameplays but its story is so weak.

• edited September 2017

[removed]

• Well, too bad that Konami doesn't care about remastering the old games on current consoles anymore, especially after the fail of Silent Hill collection.

SonicGX98 posted: »

I'd say the story all the way to the end of the Act 1 was great. It was just Act 2 that was sub-par. Anyways. if you're looking for a REALLY good Metal Gear Story get Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Preferably the 3DS version.

• the yakuza series as long as you dont mind english subtitles the story is by far the best i have ever played theres emotion darkness humour and the characters are awesome

• i agree here played a bit of the game and gave up after a while

• ASSASSINS CREED is the best written story in video games? How?

Games that have good stories include:

The Zero Escape Trilogy
    The Danganronpa Series
    Star Wars KOTOR Series
    The Witcher Trilogy
    The Uncharted Series
    The Last of Us
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Metal Gear Solid Series
    Until Dawn

• -first person

I can understand most of your other points of disinterest but there are tons of first person games with fantastic stories that shouldn't be ignored just because of the camera perspective. I would definitely recommend games like Deus Ex, Dishonored, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Bioshock, Portal and many more if you were willing to give story rich first person games a chance.

Anyways here are the games that I would recommend:

• Alan Wake (It's a thriller so it has horror elements but it's not really that scary imo)

• Bastion

• Uncharted Series

• Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

• The Last Of Us

• Inside & Limbo ( Again has horror elements but isn't really too scary as long as you don't mind some gore)

• Mass Effect

• Alpha Protocol (People seem to either love or hate this one, I really like it though)

• Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

• Life Is Strange (Try the first episode for free first to see if you like it)

• Heavy Rain

• Beyond: Two Souls

• Oxenfree

• Haha, I don't own a PS. I might check out the Arkham series though.

ralo229 posted: »

-Bad story, characters, soundtrack etc (duh) -not emotionally invested I feel like those things are pretty subjective, but I'

• Will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Abeille posted: »

Morrowind, if you are up for old games and don't care for graphics. It has open world, though. Nothing I played after it ever got close t

• That's very subjective.

Megumin posted: »

I love assassins creed games, but you need to get off their dick. There's a magnitude of games out there that are better

• Oh! I love Persona 4!

Jaku2011 posted: »

Persona 4 hits all your marks.

• I'd recommend Persona 5 as well.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Persona 4 hits all your marks.

• Zero Escape is definitely worth it. One of the best stories I've ever experienced in any videogame.

* The Zero Escape trilogy * To The Moon * Danganronpa series * Ace Attorney series

• I'm sure P5 is good too just haven't gotten around to playing it yet (big time investment)

I'd recommend Persona 5 as well.

• edited September 2017
    • Transistor
    • Oxenfree
    • Life is Strange
    • Mass Effect
    • Dragon Age
    • Banner Saga
    • Tomas Was Alone
    • Danganronpa
  • edited September 2017

[removed]

• edited September 2017

[removed]

• Final Fantasy X
    • Spec Ops The Line
  • edited September 2017

The entire Dark Souls series. Even the bad one has a great story. The problem is you have to LOOK for the story, it doesn't give it to you on a silver platter. So if your attention span is higher than that of a fish and you actual read item descriptions, the story is fantastic.

EDIT: it also fits all the other catergories (except horror because there's a very minor amount of disturbing stuff) so yeah.

• edited September 2017

A Banner saga fan! :)

AdamGoodtme posted: »

* Transistor * Oxenfree * Life is Strange * Mass Effect * Dragon Age * Banner Saga * Tomas Was Alone * Danganronpa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.