The oldest film you've ever see.

My oldest film I've ever see Is The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Tagged:

Comments

• Nosferatu 1922 not half bad either if ur into that jazz

• Eyes Without A Face or any Chaplin or Buster Keaton movie.

• If you count the version of Nosferatu with the Type O Negative soundtrack, then it's that(1922-1998).

Otherwise, Metropolis(1927).

• The Gold Rush (1925)
    The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

• A few Charlie Chaplin films when I was younger but don't remember much, otherwise nosferatu.

• Feature length: The Cabinet of Dr. Calagari

Short film: A Trip to the Moon

• I saw Hugo Cabret when it came out, and then read the books. I was so intrigued by this 'A Trip To The Moon' movie, and even more about the sad story of the director.

I saw the movie, and I really liked it. It was interesting. The movie aldo id one of the furst Sci-fi movies as well as Animated (partly) movies. So yeah, fuck Edison, eh?

So A Trip To The Moon (not sure if I saw 1898 or 1902 version though)

• The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station (1896), which is actually the first movie in the world. Try to beat that!

• The original 'Night of the Living Dead' film.

• The OG Night of the Living Dead movie.

• Birth Of A Nation (1915). Talk about not aging well.

• hell yea boi

AronDracula posted: »

The OG Night of the Living Dead movie.

• Shit yeah. I remember that one. I sqw it a couple years ago because out teacher showed it to us. How could I forget that one..

The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station (1896), which is actually the first movie in the world. Try to beat that!

• Yeah, I forgot about that movie until you mentioned it.

hell yea boi

• It's so good, even today.

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, I forgot about that movie until you mentioned it.

• Omg yes..I saw that for a class discussion on propaganda history revisionism. Nasty shit.

ClemRanger posted: »

Birth Of A Nation (1915). Talk about not aging well.

• edited September 2017

I've seen parts of 'The Birth of a Nation', 'The Gold Rush', 'Metropolis' and 'Frankenstein' etc, but not all the way through.

If short films count, then it's 'Steamboat Willie'. If not, then it's the common answer: 'The Wizard of Oz'.

• edited September 2017

Babes in Toyland (1934)

It was one of the first movies I've ever seen along with the Wizard of Oz.

• edited September 2017

night of the living dead.

no, no i just remembe, The Grapes of Wrath.

• Not really a film but i watched the first ever recorded footage of london from about 1901 once which was really cool.

• a saw a version of Pantegleize, written by Michael de Ghelderode with Buster K. as the actor who acted the actimpossible in 1918 or rather 1919. good times. silence....all the way thru.

• edited April 2018

My mistake, Night of the Living Dead isn't actually the oldest movie I've watched. The oldest one that I've watched is the original King Kong movie.

• I saw a silent move as part of a theatre class in college, can't remember the title or actors or year. One of the interesting things about silent movies, though, is that there's no need for the audience to keep quiet, as nobody has to hear the movie. Some of the comments that people yelled out were far more hilarious than the movie itself!

• edited April 2018

The Astronomers Dream (1898) by Georges Méliès

• "Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

Planet of the Apes (1968). Wouldn't recommend it...

• Metropolis - 1927

• edited April 2018

Oldest short film I’ve seen is A Trip to the Moon (1902.) As for feature length, it’s The Birth of a Nation (1915.)

Edit: oldest sound film I’ve seen is All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)

• edited April 2018

Not the oldest film I've seen, but a great film: Ben Hur (1959).

The acting, music, story, and movie sets are simply spectacular! They built a whole colosseum just for the chariot race scene!

• Ok this thread could be taken as two ways. One what is the oldest film you so in theatre when it was release or re-released or what is the oldest film that was release that you watch on DVD/VCR.

You didn't define whitch one you were talking about

The oldest film I was remember seeing in the threates was The Mask of Zorro (1998)
    The oldest films that I remember watching on DVD was the original star wars series (1977).

• Charles Chaplin: The Gold Rush (1925)

• edited April 2018

Caesar Says "NOOO!!" LuL

Acheive250 posted: »

"Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape!" Planet of the Apes (1968). Wouldn't recommend it...

• "Ape shall never kill ape..." (Unless I get angry at one and push it off a tree, then it's all good!) - Caeser

patrickrc95 posted: »

Caesar Says "NOOO!!" LuL

Sign in to comment in this discussion.