Is Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 just as good or worse than Season 1?

Worse or the same?

Perhaps you think the music isn't as good, the writing is worse, the choices are lazily added, etc. Whatever the case may be, comment your opinion below.

Comments

• My answer. Is AMAZING.

• Oh its definitely better, Music is better, animation has been way better, the plot and storyline is just out of the roof. I'm definitely loving this season more then the first one.. no hate towards the first season I just think season 2 better, I think the admin or uh Romeo is the best villain they've had yet and I'm really looking forward to the next 2 episodes. Telltale has definitely earned my approval for this season.

• Better fighting, shading, villians, voice actors, voice lines.

Oh its definitely better, Music is better, animation has been way better, the plot and storyline is just out of the roof. I'm definitely lov

• It got a better storyline than season 1 after episode 4 it seem to loose the plot and the 3 extra episodes after the main season ended seems to hurt it

• edited September 2017

This was more or less what I wanted to say. While I enjoyed Season 1, I felt it lacked in more than a few ways and that the Adventure Pass was where the series began to be consistently good. I think these additional episodes helped Telltale find the right stride for the series because Season 2 has been nothing but wonderful in my opinion.

Each episode feels like a part of an overall story but at the same time, each episode also feels complete despite always ending on a cliffhanger. The cast, including the new additions, continues to be likable and interesting. The action scenes are well-done and the more elaborate moves work well to show that Jesse has become a more experienced fighter. The villain is just wonderful and I adore his character. He's a perfect balance of menace and humor. He remains intimidating even in his more childish fits and that's good writing.

I can't say that this season is just as good as the previous one because in my opinion, this season is even better so far and the team deserves praise for how much they've managed to improve.

Oh its definitely better, Music is better, animation has been way better, the plot and storyline is just out of the roof. I'm definitely lov

• It is LEAPS AND BOUNDS BETTER THAN SEASON 1.

Now now... Hear me out.

Firstly, the premise of the story is simple yet interesting. Three "Admins" fighting for control over of the world. (Well, one won obviously. Made very clear in the beginning.)
    I'd try not to spoil too much but the story is definitely darker and disturbing. Especially episode 2 after credits scene. Telltale pushed the limit there with cold blooded murder in episode 3.

Well, I guess it is a good thing and definitely a step in the right direction. It definitely attracts a wider audience as compared to season 1. There are still some cheesy dialogue, cringy story and characters. But only in episode 1 :)
    Story gets good by mid episode 2.

Combar, QTEs are a lot of fun.
    Choices are decent as well.

It's definitely my 3rd or 4th favourite Telltale game. That's unexpected, but anyway I went in with low expectations to begin with.

Its definitely up there with TFTB and Batman S1 and S2.

• S2 is freaking awesome. Much better then season 1.

• I'd say they're tied.

• [removed]

AnimalBoy posted: »

I'd say they're tied.

• How old are you? 10? Grow the hell up.

• edited September 2017

I enjoy both very much, but season 2 does do things better than the previous season as others have mentioned.

• edited September 2017

Season 2--to me--is a lot better than Season One. Now some of the stuff here is my opinion and not fact if you like one or the other.
    I love the soundtrack and music. Some of the best music in a Telltale game. I do like the characters more--like Radar, Jack, Nurm, and Lluna (I also like Petra and Lukas better in this season than Season One). I love how Romeo (a.k.a. The Admin) is a lot more sinister than the villains from the previous season (aside from Cassie Rose/The White Pumpkin, who wanted to kill people). And I love the concept of how he's the Admin of the world, and that Xara mentions your admin powers can be taken away. A funny nod of your admin powers being taken away in real Minecraft servers. And I loved the Vos plot-twist.

• Oh my gosh someone who actually likes Petra BETTER this season. I really don't mind her lying and stuff it makes her a more intresting character
    I'm just glad someone finally understands

• Better troll than the bread weirdo I guess.

• It’s actually much better. Telltale put a lot more actual gameplay aspect like non QuickTime even based fighting and hubs something not to common in telltales other games. Graphics are really good something you wouldn’t expect much from a telltale minecraft game considering in other games the graphics purposely aren’t supposed to look real and the graphics look better than actual minecraft (at least until that 4K texture pack comes out). Also writing wise I’m enjoying the Admin plot way more than the witherstorm/portal hallway. So yeah it’s a huge improvement.

• Oh, it's way better! Better graphics, better animations, better voice-acting, better subtitles (lol).
    The choices are way more meaningful... and hard.
    It's super awesome!

• better subtitles (ahem.. episode 5)

Frostclaw posted: »

Oh, it's way better! Better graphics, better animations, better voice-acting, better subtitles (lol). The choices are way more meaningful... and hard. It's super awesome!

• I prefer Season 1 characters and main plot (without the DLC, I mean the Witherstorm plot), but Season 2 is better from a technical standpoint; it has more interesting choices and overall better gameplay.

Season 2 needs more Lukas, though. We are getting no news down there in the Guardians of the Galaxy forums, so the question that is up in the air is... Where in the world is Scott Porter?

• I prefer Season 1 characters and main plot (without the DLC, I mean the Witherstorm plot)

I thought I was the only one... :relaxed:
    Abeille posted: »

I prefer Season 1 characters and main plot (without the DLC, I mean the Witherstorm plot), but Season 2 is better from a technical standpoin

• Absolutely not. I think we have similar taste on games, taking by the Guardians of the Galaxy forums ;D

I actually thought during the whole time up until we used the Formidi-Bomb that the storm was actually killing everybody. That placed the stakes super high in my mind and made me think "whoa man, that's a huge death count for this kind of game". I'm not saying that the stakes aren't high in Season 2, but having an evil dude with a funny goatee being all about that Diabolus ex Machina and playing mind games because he is lonely is a wee bit underwhelming when compared to having a nearly-unkillable eldritch abomination wrecking havoc across the land.

It also made me sympathize more with Lukas from the start because I thought all his friends were dead, and it made me like and worry about Petra because she was either hurt or missing, depending on the choice in the first chapter. While Lukas's character grew in a direction that I personally liked, not changing his personality much but still making him more dependable (I doubt Season 2 Lukas would freeze in the face of danger like Season 1 Lukas did), I really didn't like the direction Petra's character took. But I have to give the entire series some credit for Lukas's character development, that's some good stuff right there.

AChicken posted: »

I prefer Season 1 characters and main plot (without the DLC, I mean the Witherstorm plot) I thought I was the only one...

• up until we used the Formidi-Bomb that the storm was actually killing everybody

Yeah, my thoughts as well.

an evil dude with a funny goatee being all about that Diabolus ex Machina and playing mind games because he is lonely is a wee bit underwhelming

I share the sentiment of "him playing mind games because he is lonely", sure. I find the season 2 plot to be a bit too meta. You've got Jesse fighting against the literal GOD OF HIS WORLD, but simply because said God is bored and wants to find a "champion" of sorts. Also, given that there has been no mention or establishment of an "Admin" before Season 2 (season 1 really felt like this world was its own standalone product, unconnected to the outside world or any godly forces that may have created it), his appearance is kind of sudden.

It also made me sympathize more with Lukas from the start because I thought all his friends were dead

I mostly thought his friends were missing for a while, but the same reaction occurred

While Lukas's character grew in a direction that I personally liked, not changing his personality much but still making him more dependable

True. If I think about it, he's got good development and growth as a person

I really didn't like the direction Petra's character took.

Yeah, I've noticed that she's still as stubborn and hotheaded now as she was in Season 1. It infuriates me when she can't account for other people's lives and responsibilities, complaining that we've gotten "boring". I'm fine with taking care of my town!
    I only hope that she learns a few lessons by the end of this season, and maybe becomes more understanding of us in the future.

Abeille posted: »

Absolutely not. I think we have similar taste on games, taking by the Guardians of the Galaxy forums ;D I actually thought during the who

• I share the sentiment of "him playing mind games because he is lonely", sure. I find the season 2 plot to be a bit too meta. You've got Jesse fighting against the literal GOD OF HIS WORLD, but simply because said God is bored and wants to find a "champion" of sorts. Also, given that there has been no mention or establishment of an "Admin" before Season 2 (season 1 really felt like this world was its own standalone product, unconnected to the outside world or any godly forces that may have created it), his appearance is kind of sudden.

I was SO hoping it was a "Wizard of Oz" situation, and he would be just some pretender using some special effects and carefully crafted mechanisms. That there would be a "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" kind of revelation. But it seems that really is a literal god. Well, a little like the Trib-- OH MY GOD, WAIT, IS MICHAEL KIRKBRIDE WRITING MINECRAFT TOO?! Three people who got divine powers that can be taken from them, one of them is killed, another goes mad, the third one loses the power. These people are THE TRIBUNAL (Morrowind). I see what you are doing there, Telltale. The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

AChicken posted: »

up until we used the Formidi-Bomb that the storm was actually killing everybody Yeah, my thoughts as well. an evil dude with a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.