Blade Runner 2049....Will you see it?

All day I have been reading various reviews of the new Blade Runner....some reviews have even said that it is better than the original...bold statements there. Definitely going to Columbus to see it on IMAX....what do you guys think? And why is it so hard for most sequels to out do the originals?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2017

Probably, but I might need to watch the first 2,048 movies in order to understand what's going on.

• I'm huge Blade Runner fan, so yes. It will be hard to top the original, but I hope it will be at least a decent movie.

• Hopefully, we'll see. My most anticipated movie of this year for sure. I really hope it's as good as reviews are making it out to be.

• Ha, you just made me realize that 2049 is (2^11)+1.

Not that that likely means anything.

My wife is a huge Harrison Ford fan, so our attendance is pretty much guaranteed.

ralo229 posted: »

Probably, but I might need to watch the first 2,048 movies in order to understand what's going on.

• Hell yes! Denis Villeneuve is my favourite film director, I honestly think he hasn't had one bad movie. He also said that he was hesitant to take a Blade Runner sequel, so I know this will try to appeal to fans of the original, whilst also providing something new. Villeneuve once again teaming up with cinematographer Roger Deakins will be a match made in heaven, basically meaning that the film will look amazing.

• edited October 2017

Roger Deakins is a god amongst men when it comes to scene creation and feel...and Villeneuve is on top of his game it seems. So I hope it makes a ton of cash...a Hollywood film that is also artistically amazing and may just eclipse the original Blade Runner? Damn!

Hell yes! Denis Villeneuve is my favourite film director, I honestly think he hasn't had one bad movie. He also said that he was hesitant to

• Remarkable film. If you love the original I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Even though I'm not particularly fond of the original, I still plan on seeing this one anyway.

• edited October 2017

Its a shame really, this movie bombed and it didn't deserve to. I thought it was one of the best sequels I've seen in recent years.
    EDIT; Awesome profile pic by the way.

Acheive250 posted: »

Even though I'm not particularly fond of the original, I still plan on seeing this one anyway.

• Sad to see it bomb, such a great movie. However there were many reasons why this did bomb. Looking at the break down of who went to see it. Most women stayed away...I went but there are still too few women who appreciate a sci-fi film noir, and probably not having a female character to help us relate hurt. 70% of the viewers were male...and the vast majority of those were above 35. This is one of the reasons you see women becoming more front and center in action films...to draw the female audience. If you wondered why we see so many women...it is that...also Gosling is not a draw for people...great actor but the audiences tend to ignore him, same with Harrison Ford these days...and Leto is pretty toxic. I hope that when it comes out on digital and bluray it does well. The film deserved better, but it needed something to draw women.

It was also a bad weekend for all movies, but that is small comfort.

• Gosling is not a draw for people...great actor but the audiences tend to ignore him, same with Harrison Ford these days...and Leto is pretty toxic.

Not that it'd help at all but I heard Leto took over from what would've been David Bowie's place in the role. He apparently died before they could of shot anything. I thought he would of been awesome for that world.

Sad to see it bomb, such a great movie. However there were many reasons why this did bomb. Looking at the break down of who went to see it

• Amazing movie

• Did Roy Batty watch C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate?

Then, hell yes. The first one was a classic sci-fi film and very deep.

I was hesitant at first, thinking Blade Runner doesn't need a sequel, but upon hearing the reviews, I might, No, I will give it a chance.

I just hope I won't be disappointed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.