Episode 4 spoiler discussion.

2»

Comments

• You know I never thought of that. Now I can let go of a little bit of my guilt for empowering it. But don’t we need his body to do that? Now that I think of it Hala was able to make her son appear out of thin air so yeah.

bthom20 posted: »

I'd imagine if you empowered the forge we will have the option to revive Drax.

• Episode was decent but seeing here that the only choice that mattered was Drax is disappointing. When Gamora stayed I thought it was because the whole game I had sided with her, oh well I confessed feelings and it's just me and her and the bug on the ship, time to smash.

• The episode hit me in the feels a lot. It was tough to play in that regards. I loved it, although I got really annoyed that I was very pro-Rocket and ended up with just Gamora and Bowie.

I'm going to be needing to revive a lot of people when I get that Eternity Forge back.

• This episode was all over the place for me. But that Nebula death scene was done so well. I've not been that sad by a video game death in a very long time.

• edited October 2017

After seeing the trailer, I was worried that this would be a filler episode and we'd spend the whole time in a hole. And what do you know, that's exactly what happened. Aside from the ending (and Nebula's death), nothing worthwile really occured. It's like Telltale had only the premise of Guardians dissolving figured out and proceeded to stuff the rest of the episode with filler.

I know I shouldn't have expected much from the last choice of the previous episode - I even jokingly predicted that Hala would gain the power of the forge no matter what (which is, of course, what happened), but that's not what really bothered me. It was seeing Hala's goons all alive and well, even though we defeated them in the last episode, so we could have another QTE battle not so different from the one if you empowered the forge. The way the Guardians fell one by one because plot was pretty stupid. How did they survive the fall anyway? I can take Mantis and Peter, thanks to his damaged jet-boots, and maybe Groot, since I don't exactly know how durable he is, but others should realistically be dead. I guess this game doesn't have fall damage, hehe. I know I might sound like I'm nitpicking, but that really threw me off right from the start.

The fact that who stays and who leaves depended only on one choice was disappointing as well, considering they did the relationships well throughout the series. I sided against Rocket pretty much all the time, but suddenly he was my best buddy.

Don't want to be all negative though. Drax' flashback was the highlight of the episode, Nebula's death was surprisingly emotional (I was impressed they put a lot detail in a scene which was, I assume, determinant) and the chase sequence at the end was simply amazing. But the rest, bleh. Hopefully the finale is better.

• A bit disappointed on the episode, actually. I'm not a fan of spending all the episode in a single location, and I was really hoping that Nebula (as a Guardian) would survive. In my opinion , killing her is a huge waste of potential towards her character, especially after her great character development in episode 3. The death scene, was good, no denying it, I'm just a bit disappointed by the fact that she dies.

I did like Drax's flashbacks and his sacrifice towards the end, but I was really disappointed when I found out that all the effort they made regarding determinant relationships with the other Guardians in the previous episodes went down the drain because this is the only choice that matters in the end.

I really hope that episode 5 is better. I like the series overall.

• edited October 2017

It bothered me that Gamora and I were starting to see eye to eye after destroying the Forge but she threw it all away. She found a way to make Drax's sacrifice all about herself and refused to listen. After the whole "finding my purpose" thing and being denied the chance to ever bring his family back I gave him what he wanted. On the other hand, it's weird how Rocket actually forgave me for destroying the Forge and is the only person who stuck around. My best guess is he isn't too broken up about losing something he never regained in the first place, but even then I would be pissed if I were in his shoes.

• When you said "Rocket forgave you in episode 4" where did he say that in what part of the episode 4?

Coyote99 posted: »

It bothered me that Gamora and I were starting to see eye to eye after destroying the Forge but she threw it all away. She found a way to ma

Sign in to comment in this discussion.