Waller/The Pact

Something has been bothering me since I played episode 2. The whole scene where The Pact gets Riddler's body back seems way off. How did The Pact know The Agency were going to be there? And why didn't Waller show up? It was Waller and Batman that had set that up. Which means one of two things happened;

1. The Pact knew we're working with The Agency, and thus knew of the ambush, so they could get Riddler's body.
  2. Waller herself, or with The Agency set-up the whole thing behind Bruce's back and is working with The Pact. And let them have Riddler's body. (Most likely option.)

Unless, I'm missing something? Sorry if this has been brought up before. I just recently played the episode and haven''t been on the forums.

Comments

• I don't think either of the things you brought up are likely. It seems likely, to me, that the Pact would have known about the agency's interest in them because The Agency showed up to take one of their own, Riddler, down. Also, of course, they could have been informed about how The Agency does things because Riddler told them about it, not to mention that he had a list of all the agents. I imagine that the other members of the Pact would also have had access to that list.

The Pact knew we're working with The Agency, and thus knew of the ambush, so they could get Riddler's body.

When you say "we're" working with The Agency, who is the "we" you are you talking about? Phrasing it the way you do is a bit confusing to me. In the first episode Batman is seen talking with Waller and other agents, and so if any of the pact's thugs are there they would have figured out that Bats was working with The Agency.

When they all go to get Riddler's body, which I assumed was true for everyone, it was Bruce who went. Are you suggesting that the people in the Pact know that Bruce is Bats?

2.) I don't think Waller is working with them (and boy would that be a great twist if that were the case) to undermine The Agency. I think Waller let The Pact get away with Riddler's body because she had two inside people who can find out what the Pact's real plan is. The five members of the pact were working on something huge, but the Agency didn't know what. The plan was to capture Riddler and (probably) torture it out of him. Having both Bruce and Selina infiltrate the group might be plan B. I'm assuming Waller didn't want to jeopardize Selina's cover by having Bruce give away his cover so soon. I could see someone in the Agency betraying it - maybe someone that Riddler planted - but someone who doesn't have full access. I also don't think it's Avesta or Agent Blake - not someone who could give up Bats' identity.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Bruce and Selina interact with one another. My guess is that they will pretend to have never met before, or to leave huge chunks of information out. There are already too many people who know Batman's identity. I don't think that TT would so greatly add to that list.

• So you think Selina is also working for the Agency ? Why hasn't Waller told us about it then ?

ShampaFK posted: »

I don't think either of the things you brought up are likely. It seems likely, to me, that the Pact would have known about the agency's inte

• You're right, it could just be as simple as The Pact are in the know of whatever the Agency is doing. But the fact that Waller is acting so weird is what's throwing me off. Plus, she didn't even show-up to the set-up she planned. Not to mention the fact she's adamant on not getting Gordon/GCPD involved. Yes, for number 1 to be right The Pact would have to know that Bruce is Batman, which is why it's least likely.

I don't think Selina is working with Waller. Selina does whatever she wants, and I think The Pact got her to steal something for them (Just like Bruce.) But I don't think The Pact have ever dealt with her before, so maybe they're going to kill her next episode (like they were going to do to Bruce.)

I don't think either of the things you brought up are likely. It seems likely, to me, that the Pact would have known about the agency's inte

• Yeahhh, sending in another undercover agent without informing the first seems incredibly risky and unnecessary, even for Waller.

So you think Selina is also working for the Agency ? Why hasn't Waller told us about it then ?

• Maybe she wants someone to spy on us, make sure we behave.

But even then that's reaching.

No, I think the money is good enough as a motivation for someone who has proven she was quite shallow.

Yeahhh, sending in another undercover agent without informing the first seems incredibly risky and unnecessary, even for Waller.

• It could just be that The Pact does their research. We don't know much, but we do know that they have things planned out pretty well.
    They got the EMP device and the EMP-nullifying plates they used on the trucks, they orchestrated a simultaneous assault on Gotham after Riddler's death, and based on the maps and notes they have on them, they know a lot.
    I just don't know where they get their info.

• Your observations are very good. It could be the Agency has a mole.

AChicken posted: »

It could just be that The Pact does their research. We don't know much, but we do know that they have things planned out pretty well. They

• edited October 2017

That would be interesting, and a valid reason as to how they get their info. The question is who? A villain not yet introduced? Is Selina getting them that info (although judging by the EP2 ending it seems like this is the first time she's delivering a package for them)?

The Episode 4 synopsis hints at a "shocking revelation" prior to it, in Episode 3...

Your observations are very good. It could be the Agency has a mole.

• I don't think either of the things you brought up are likely

Actually he has a point on 2nd option. This is what happened in Arkham series and original comics. Waller is the leader of Suicide Squad. Which means, possible.

• Right. Ockham's razor.

Maybe she wants someone to spy on us, make sure we behave. But even then that's reaching. No, I think the money is good enough as a motivation for someone who has proven she was quite shallow.

• At this point in the timeline, though? Who is the real villain, then, that Waller is trying to assemble the suicide squad to take down? Or what would the mission be?

MrJava posted: »

I don't think either of the things you brought up are likely Actually he has a point on 2nd option. This is what happened in Arkham series and original comics. Waller is the leader of Suicide Squad. Which means, possible.

• edited October 2017

It's been a while since I've seen that expression come up. Nice touch.

Right. Ockham's razor.

• Like I said, possible. Lets see how it will turn out.

At this point in the timeline, though? Who is the real villain, then, that Waller is trying to assemble the suicide squad to take down? Or what would the mission be?

• edited October 2017

It's only the second episode. I think Telltale have something BIG up their sleeves planned for this season. Amanda Waller being the main villain would fit that. They've already planted the seeds with her, but she's always been a shady character. So maybe I'm reading into this too much.

At this point in the timeline, though? Who is the real villain, then, that Waller is trying to assemble the suicide squad to take down? Or what would the mission be?

• Hugo Strange? Can't really think of anyone else.

AChicken posted: »

That would be interesting, and a valid reason as to how they get their info. The question is who? A villain not yet introduced? Is Selina ge

• A M A N D A W A L L E R

Dan10 posted: »

Hugo Strange? Can't really think of anyone else.

• It's clear Waller is going to turn on us at some point. She knows far more than she lets on. Bruce in the codex mentions a "deal with the devil" and his choice of words is pretty revealing.

• That's what I've been saying. I thought I could trust her, because for the first half of episode 2, she was actually really nice. But the second half she was suspicious af. And now going back and studying everything she's been doing, I really think she's going to be the main villain of the series. I mean, I doubt it's just going to be The Pact, right?

It's clear Waller is going to turn on us at some point. She knows far more than she lets on. Bruce in the codex mentions a "deal with the devil" and his choice of words is pretty revealing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.