Game freezes while "checking for DLC" and eventually crashes

edited October 2017 in Game Support

My problem is in the title. I already reinstalled the game to no avail. Not to be rude, but: What the fuck, Telltale?

Oh, it's the Telltale Games version downloaded from this website, if that's relevant.

Comments

• Support told me:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. As a possible solution, please reset your modem/router to refresh your internet connection. If you are able to, we recommend using a wired internet connection to your computer.

While your network is restarting, please open C:\Users\%USERS%\Documents\Telltale Games\Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy\ and delete the Net folder you see in here. Please also empty your recycling bin afterwards.

When you are ready, please launch the game and download any updates if prompted to. You should then be able to load to the main menu and continue playing.

Nothing changed. Might as well get their games on steam from now on. Second time the store version has been broken past release day.

• Tried it now - didn't work for me, either. Thanks anyway!

• edited October 2017

Thread: When i start up the game and when its searching for dlc it stops

I start up the game it rusn perfect but when i click to begin it searches for dlc and then the whole game just freezes and crashes

please help me i want to play the new episode

• Did u find somthing already or not becuase i have the same problem but i have no Net folder

L3wAshby posted: »

Tried it now - didn't work for me, either. Thanks anyway!

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.