Does anyone here like this game as a "guilty pleasure"?

I know Minecraft: Story Mode isn't the best game Telltale's ever made, they've obviously done much better...
But even then, there are just times where I feel like I'm in the vocal minority whenever I say I like MC:SM.

Of course, MC:SM and the original Minecraft don't exactly have the best reputation, both have what I'd call "love-hate relationships" with gamers and the internet in general...

I guess it also doesn't help that I'm very introverted and secretive about the things I like IRL.

Which makes me quite curious to know... "Is there anyone here who likes this game as a guilty pleasure?"

Comments

• I think it's pretty good, IMO it's extremely underrated and deserve much more love

• Same.
    Too bad it's immediately shunned by a lot of people just because it's Minecraft.

The game itself is pretty much what I'd call a video game example of "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

BigGazMan posted: »

I think it's pretty good, IMO it's extremely underrated and deserve much more love

• I completely agree

JHolleworth posted: »

Same. Too bad it's immediately shunned by a lot of people just because it's Minecraft. The game itself is pretty much what I'd call a video game example of "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

• Yep. Edgy angsty teenagers just look at the fact that it is minecraft and say "w0rsSt TEllTALEE gAEM EvR, iT'$ LiTERELI MENCwAFt!!!1111!"

BigGazMan posted: »

I completely agree

• edited October 2017

Nah I genuinely like it and don't mind talking about it with my 20-ish something friends.

• so true xD

Tekano posted: »

Yep. Edgy angsty teenagers just look at the fact that it is minecraft and say "w0rsSt TEllTALEE gAEM EvR, iT'$ LiTERELI MENCwAFt!!!1111!"

• For my part, I really appreciate this game, at first I thought it was only another version of Minecraft, but I am immersed in the history since season one, and the characters are endearing.

• I like this game because even thought its Minecraft, but it has different concept, different character, and interesting story. And i don't mind talking about it in any Gaming Forum

• edited November 2017

Minecraft Story Mode surprised me a lot, at the launch of the first season I didn't have many expectations, but with the passing of the episodes I started to love the game, the characters are captivating, the soundtrack is incredible (especially from Season Two), the villans are criative and other things ...

Resume: In my opinion MCSM it's way better than the original MC.

• I like it a lot but a lot of people I know would probably be like “so you still play minecraft?” Which isn’t true I’m just a huge fan of telltale and think the game is good because I honestly don’t care about real minecraft. It’s only the people who have also played it are the ones who understand. Like one person above me said it’s like telltales original IP with very few limits they can make to the writing they even sometimes broke the laws of minecraft.

• I never played the real Minecraft, never cared for it, seen videos of it, never liked it either, yet I love this game.

• Yeah, MC:SM took me by surprise too.

I was expecting a subpar and blatant cash-in, but now the game has pretty much consumed my soul in the best way at this point.

Minecraft Story Mode surprised me a lot, at the launch of the first season I didn't have many expectations, but with the passing of the epis

• Well I got hooked on the original Minecraft in like 2012-2013ish and when I heard they were making a Minecraft Story Mode I was like “ Ok cool!”. And then in October 2015 when the first episode came out I got it and the rest is history! This game is so good!

• edited October 2017

I played this game and I liked it a lot. It became even better as it went down. The DLC stuff and the new Season are awesome. It's not even a "guilty pleasure" (enjoying something objectively bad), I actually think that this game is good, and people who hate mostly do it due to the fact that it's Minecraft (I played and still play Minecraft so it's not a problem for me). Sometimes I wish this game went into some deeper subjects (as long as they can keep it family friendly, of course), it has so much potential for that.

• If it wasn't Minecraft it would probably be receiving much more attention...it's a shame.

• Wow, that's a lot of friends!

Nah I genuinely like it and don't mind talking about it with my 20-ish something friends.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.