Trash that came out good

Does anyone else hate the whole "admin" thing but got into it way more by ep3?

Comments

• Yeah I thought he was just some lazy excuse for a villain doing things for no reason other to just advance plot because tfw game needs a villain. But now with all this backstory coming in I want to know more.

• I'm still not into it. It just still seems a bit too meta for me, especially since we've seen the world be it's own self-sustaining thing, unconnected to various concepts of the real Minecraft. Heck, even the Youtubers are characters not people playing Minecraft. It all felt "real" in Season 1. Suddenly Season 2 throws a bunch of "Godly being" prophecy stuff out of nowhere, and then you get an "Admin" -- the "God of a Server" in real Minecraft I assume -- tormenting Jesse and his friends for fun. To me, it feels out of place and sudden. The portal hallway was cool and made sense for the world, given that it had already broken off of Minecraft's rules (using a "Wither Storm", Command Block, and Established Lore) It was cool to see other universes of characters.

If it had set this stuff up in Season 1, maybe I'd like it a bit more. I am interested in where this goes, but I am still not pleased. What do you do after you defeat the omnipotent being who created everything you know? Who can possibly defeat you?

• you

AChicken posted: »

I'm still not into it. It just still seems a bit too meta for me, especially since we've seen the world be it's own self-sustaining thing, u

• But... shouldn't that be a stalemate, then? No one has advantages over the other, because they are both the same.

Im_a_dog posted: »

you

• edited October 2017

We all thought that the admin being the story’s villain wasn’t a good idea since the admin is like a god but in episode 3 when we talk to xara about the admin, the admin is not as powerful as he seems since it has been revealed that his powers can be taken away. I feel like episode 3 really gave a lot more story about the admin.

AChicken posted: »

But... shouldn't that be a stalemate, then? No one has advantages over the other, because they are both the same.

• I thought it was neat since episode 1, although I did find the snowman form in episode 2 kind of dumb and the weird true design, but episode 3 took a stronger turn with the admin going further with his idea of manipulating Jesse's friends by becoming Jesse. I think its a fun idea and isn't too goofy or "dark".

• Agreed.

We all thought that the admin being the story’s villain wasn’t a good idea since the admin is like a god but in episode 3 when we talk to xa

• No I think its fine but nothing beats the hole portal hallway thing.

I love that each episode was its own adventure and the next episode was with new characters and villans which gives it great replay value.

And ofc the best thing being the character relationship development. Like Petra was really no fan of Ivor (which you can understand) from the first episode but later stood up for him when she sees the real Ivor.

• Yeah it was kinda "EH" But then it was cool and was worth a charactor

• I still dont like the concept of a God character, especially in Minecraft. It's too meta and he is always changing the rules of the universe on us, it is frustrating.

• edited October 2017

At first, I thought it would be just a story to continue the game, because there were no more villains. But with the development of the 2/3 episode, the story was very cool, and not just the story, the new characters, plot... I just hope the end of this does not lead to the end of the game ... Teltale, please do more seasons! +++SORRY ENGLISH ERRORS! =D++++

• Not me, I'm not a big fan of it. I went with it at first, hoping it would turn out to be a "Wizard of Oz" kind of thing, with some regular guy using a legend to his benefit, but then turns out we got just some overpowered guy that is mad because he is lonely. Not the kind of character I find compelling at all. It doesn't help that he is being faced by four copies of the same "fighter/adventurer" character archetype (Jesse, Petra, Jack and Xara) plus a 5th character who is trying to be like that too (Radar). When compared to season 1 (without DLCs), where we had a much more diverse group of main characters facing an eldritch abomination that was consuming the entire world, it is just lackluster in my opinion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.