Urban Legend: Interactive fantasy

2»

Comments

• Ok so these communitys wouldn't know of eachother?

TheFurryOne posted: »

I'd say there are, but I'm not sure if I want to have them be in contact or just acknowledge each other yet.

• No, they would know of each other.

Nolonius posted: »

Ok so these communitys wouldn't know of eachother?

• It's not my intention to rush, but is this still happening?

• Yeah sorry I've just been having a bad time recently.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's not my intention to rush, but is this still happening?

• I’m sorry to hear this, I hope things get better for you if they already haven’t.

Yeah sorry I've just been having a bad time recently.

• It's cool, just checking. Hope things get better for you. :)

Yeah sorry I've just been having a bad time recently.

• Rebirth: Part 2

Hunter Woods

Rage. I was always told to control it, as no good would come from setting it free. The thing is, due to the power I obtained, the thing I became during the past few months, rage consumed me. Before having this power, I had only unleashed rage once. And it killed someone.

But it was to protect my family from a monster. A monster that had hid his evil since the day I was born. This monster was my hero growing up. He was everything I wanted to be. Seeing what he really was, and how he had masked his true colours all that time, it broke me. I had hated him with every fibre of my being in that one gut-wrenching moment. I had acted impulsively. I had given in to rage. And I killed him. I killed the monster. My father.

That’s right. My name is Hunter Woods, and I killed my father.

It had all happened so fast. One minute I was going up stairs to see what had caused my father to shout so loudly. Then I saw him. I saw my brother. I saw him lying on the floor, beaten to a pulp by the man who was supposed to protect him from the evil of the world. But no, my father was the evil. Everything my brother had told me about our father was true. I refused to believe it at first. I refused to believe that my father was a violent, abusive, controlling monster, who had driven our mother into an early grave. That he had been systematically beating my older brother since we were kids. All because of who my brother was.

To my father, me and my sister were his perfect little prince and princess, who had meant everything to him. But to my father, my brother was nothing but his disgusting little queer, whose very existence was nothing but a constant disgrace to him.

When I stood there in shock, watching my father viciously pummel my brother’s face, I thought he would stop when he saw me, I thought he would come up with some bullshit excuse, I thought he would show some ounce of remorse or humanity. But he just grinned.

“Why?” I had asked, my eyes welling with tears, my stomach churning with disgust.

“This is what he deserves” my father had hissed.

My shock and horror had ceased. It had been replaced with rage. I had wanted him to feel pain and misery. The same pain and misery that he had inflicted onto my brother for years. I wrapped my hands around his throat and I had used all of my strength to throw him against the wall. My fists clenched, I was ready to avenge my brother. But it wasn’t a wall I had thrown him against. It was a window.

One moment the monster I had called father for seventeen years was standing there, the mask of the loving family man gone. Then in a matter of seconds he was splattered on the concrete fifty feet below. I stood there, surrounded by shards of shattered glass and my badly beaten brother lying beside me. I couldn’t breathe. I struggled to comprehend what I had just done. I thought about how my life was ruined. I thought about how I would spend the rest of my days in prison. I thought about how I would be known as the boy who murdered his father.

But I never went to prison; I never paid for what I did, at least not in a normal way. After what felt like an eternity, my brother had suddenly risen from the floor, his face battered beyond recognition. My heart began beating faster than it ever had before once I head the haunting echo of police sirens near closer and closer to our home.

Then I felt my brother pry my clenched hand open and force a wad of paper into it. I looked down to see £100 and a note in my hand. Before I had time to question my brother about what he was doing, he spoke.

“Run” he had spluttered.

So I ran. After thanking my brother and leaving a kiss on my confused sister’s forehead as she made her way upstairs, I ran. I ran as far away from the house as I could before even thinking of reading the crumpled note in my hand. When I felt safe and far away from the police, I frantically opened up the note. It revealed an address that I had never seen before. An address which lead me to becoming what I am today. Although in hindsight, what I am today is not all that different from what I was back then.

One who kills monsters.

• Some questions:
    1) Thoughts on the previous part?
    2) What PoV do you find more sympathetic?
    3) What PoV do you find more empathic?
    4) Which part did you enjoy more?
    5) Which PoV are you more interested in?

Next part will return to Tim.

1. It was interesting and a little sad. I liked it, but don't have much to say about it.
    2. Definitely, Hunter. I found myself feeling for him a lot more than Tim.
    3. Tim, for sure.
    4. Tim.
    5. Tim.

Sorry if it seems like I had the same answer for every question.

Some questions: 1) Thoughts on the previous part? 2) What PoV do you find more sympathetic? 3) What PoV do you find more empathic? 4) Which part did you enjoy more? 5) Which PoV are you more interested in? Next part will return to Tim.

• Rebirth: Part 3

Tim Fox

I have to admit, I was immensely disappointed when I woke up and discovered that I had indeed survived the events of my last entry. I was actually looking forward to seeing if there was such a thing as God, and if I would be sent to Heaven or Hell. If it turned out that there was no God and what happens after death is the exact same as what happens before birth, then it still would have been a win-win situation for me, as then I would at last have gotten peace, and I would have been freed from the torment of having to continue to live with who I am. I also was keeping my fingers crossed for reincarnation, as then I would at least have a chance to start again, and hopefully be born as someone without more mental disorders than friends, who would be rich and handsome and have a family that actually wants them around.

My bewilderment at how I had managed to survive however was stronger than my disappointment. I mean I had been directly struck by a bloody lorry of all things. At least if it was a car that hit me than it would have been more believable. Perhaps there really is a god after all, and this is their way of tormenting further. I had no doubt that I would be paralysed for life, if not all over my body than at the very least from the waist down, never being able to walk again or even worse, lose my virginity. Actually, perhaps I really am dead and this is my Hell.

It appeared that I was in a hospital room, albeit I was hooked up to a heart monitoring machine, as well as a drip with a bag of blood hanging off of it. It had been quite time since I had ever stayed in a hospital room, the last time I had been in one was when I had an asthma attack when I was five years old. My torso was completely buggered, and I had a strong pain on my abdominal area. I was able to move my legs a little bit, although it was extremely painful.

“There is hope of not dying a virgin after all” I had thought.

My right arm was wrapped in a cast, which saddened me since I had managed to keep a record of never having ever broken a bone for sixteen years. I was able to slowly move my left arm before another surge of pain rushed through it. It was at that point that I had realized everything visually appeared to be a bit… left-sided. I moved the hand on my unbroken arm to my face and searched for my right eye. My heart skipped a beat after I had realized that my right eye was completely blinded, as well as the right side of my face having a large wound almost covering it.

“At least I will get to wear a cool eye patch” I thought.

A stinging sensation suddenly pulsated through an area of my neck. I put my hand to it and felt two small holes near my jugular vein. Now, you probably have an idea of what is going to happen, but you have to remember that this is the real world, where most ordinary people don’t believe in monsters and demons.

At this point, I finally realized how dehydrated and dry my throat was. My attention was drawn not to the glass of water on my bedside table, but to the bag of blood dangling over my head. Then I did something… strange. I reached out to it, putting a lot of strain on my damaged arm and unhooked from the drip. I then mustered all of my remaining strength to pull myself up so that my bruised back and battered head was resting against the headboards. Then the unthinkable happened. I felt a tingling sensation in my gums, and felt something sharp slightly dig into my tongue. After passing my tongue over what was digging into it, I realized that my canine teeth had grown significantly longer, where if I had pushed out my overbite then they would go down to my chin. I then subconsciously moved the bag of blood to my mouth where I bit into it, puncturing the plastic and began sucking out the blood within. I recoiled at the taste, as I had expected the disgusting metallic taste that blood usually has to assault my taste buds, but instead was greeted with the most delicious sensation I had ever experienced. It is difficult to describe what this blood tasted like, as it just tasted… pure. The satisfaction I got from lapping up the blood was similar to drinking some ice cold water from a water fountain after being severely hydrated; it was like a gift from God. I was put into such a state of ecstasy from the drinking someone else’s blood that I had barely noticed the inhuman growling sounds I was making.

After withdrawing the now empty bag from my now blood-covered mouth, I felt a strong vibrating sensation throughout my body. I could feel the mortar shell of pain that my wounds had caused be relieved and the chasms of damaged flesh shrink into thin scars. My broken arm mended itself, and I could fully move my legs. Vision returned to my right eye and the pain on my torso ceased. The fatigue that plagued me was replaced with an urge to run twenty laps around a field. I no longer felt weakened; in fact I had never felt more energized in my life.

I was suddenly pulled out of my trance when an ear-splitting, feminine scream attack my eardrums. I averted my gaze to the doorway and saw a nurse standing there with her hands cupped over her mouth. I came up with the outlandish excuse that I had tried to move out of my bed and had held onto the bag for support, but then it fell and exploded on my face. Like I said before, ordinary people don’t believe that parasitic monsters who live on a diet of human blood actually exist, so she believed my tall tale, although she perhaps may have thought that the lorry that hit me had may have given me brain damage or turned me insane. She offered to clean the blood off of me, but I declined and told her I’d take care of it. After she left, I decided to see the state of my injuries by making my way to the nearby lavatories. I thought at first I may have had to drag myself there or request a wheelchair, but I was actually able to properly walk there normally without a limp or any other physical hindrance obstructing me from reaching my destination. Thankfully there were no other patients in the lavatories to potentially be traumatized by a pale, blood-covered teenager who looked like he had just cannibalized the entire hospital staff.

After essentially rinsing the rest of my dinner off of me I decided to inspect how well the injuries I been inflicted had healed. To my surprise, they had all healed into scars that looked like they could have been there for years. The only truly noticeable one was on the right side on my face, which actually made me look quite badass. What truly startled me was how my originally dark blue eyes were now glowing and golden and my complexion was ghastly pale. I noticed my enlarged canines shrivel back into my gums to the point where they appeared to look like normal teeth again.

This moment marked the first day of my new life as well, I’m sure you’ve already guessed it… a vampire.

• Tim and his strange priorities. It should be interesting to see where his story goes from here.

Rebirth: Part 3 Tim Fox I have to admit, I was immensely disappointed when I woke up and discovered that I had indeed survived the eve

• Ah, I very much expected this to happen =) One thing I find interesting is that vampires get super regeneration when they drink blood, if I remember correctly they did not have that in the original story. I gotta ask there, does this have its limits in how severe the wound can be or does this healing simply depend on how much blood they drink (means, more severe wounds simply require more blood)? Anyways, a very interesting continuation of Tim's storyline. I think he could eventually become one of my favourite characters, but it is currently still a bit early to say that, with only him and Hunter introduced. I like them both, but Tim is currently my favourite, for some odd reason, even if I find Hunter more likable in the classical way.

Rebirth: Part 3 Tim Fox I have to admit, I was immensely disappointed when I woke up and discovered that I had indeed survived the eve

• The story is interesting so far. Will all of chapter 1's focus be outside the community?.

• I gotta ask there, does this have its limits in how severe the wound can be or does this healing simply depend on how much blood they drink (means, more severe wounds simply require more blood)?

There are limitations, for example a vampire who lost a limb and then drank blood would be able to heal the actual wound itself but not regrow the missing limb. The vampire would also need a decent amount of blood to fully heal the wound. Also, the wound is never fully healed, as there will be scars taking place of the wound, with Tim now being almost completely covered in scars due to the injuries he got from being hit by the lorry.

Ah, I very much expected this to happen One thing I find interesting is that vampires get super regeneration when they drink blood, if I re

• Will all of chapter 1's focus be outside the community?.

It will, although chapter 1 will not be as long as other chapters and now that I have the story fully planned I hope to release parts more frequently from now on. Chapter 1 taking place outside of Moonwisp is mainly to show the backstories of two of Urban Legend's most important characters as well as foreshadow future events in the story.

The story is interesting so far. Will all of chapter 1's focus be outside the community?.

• Rebirth: Part 4

Hunter Woods

I have no idea how I was able to even fall asleep during that several hour long taxi ride. I suppose it was due to how exhausted the stress had made me. When I awoke, it was early in the morning, and the taxi had parked in some sort of wooded area, with the biggest mansion I had ever seen in my life right in the centre. After paying the driver what I owed, I took a reluctant step out of the car, trying to focus on anything but my father’s death. It didn’t work, as soon as the taxi had driven out of view; I fell to my knees and burst into tears. I had wept so hard that I began to choke on the tears that trailed down my face.

“Dad… I’m sorry” I spluttered.

I hated him for what he did, but he was still the man who had raised me and loved me my entire life. He deserved to be behind bars, not a mangled corpse on the concrete. As I went to take a long look at the hands that I had murdered my father with, I realized there was a pair of boots in front of me. I looked up to see a tall and muscular man with a thick, bushy brown beard, adorned in typical farmer attire standing above me. Despite his imposing size, he smiled at me and seemed somewhat friendly.

“What are you doing down there, lad?” he spoke with a deep, rough Scottish accent.

“I just felt carsick” I gulped, picking myself up off the ground and sweeping the dirt off my trousers.

“You must be Martin Woods” the man said. “You’re younger than I expected.”

Martin was my brother’s name. Just as I was about to correct him, I realized that this was where I would be in hiding until the police would inevitably find me. My brother had sent me here.

“That’s right” I replied.

“My name is Gerald, I’m the groundskeeper of this mansion” he greeted, giving me a handshake.

“I’m Hu-Martin” I awkwardly stuttered.

“Yes, I am aware of that” he chuckled, releasing my hand.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, he turned me towards the mansion, as we began slowly walking towards it.

“I have to say, I’m surprised anyone would want to move here, after what has happened in this town in the past few months, especially in this mansion” Gerald grimaced. I noticed him frown after he mentioned the mansion.

“What happened in the mansion?” I questioned.

“They didn’t tell ye?” Gerald asked, a look of confusion contorting his face.

After I shook my head, Gerald took a deep breath before giving me a worried look, his eyes darting from me to the mansion.

“A few months ago, a man, his wife and his teenage daughter used to live here” he began.

After he had paused for a few seconds, I noticed his eyes began to tear up.

“One night, they came home from a night out, only to find a robber had broken in, most likely looking for their valuables” he took another deep breath. “I’m not entirely sure what happened, whether the robber was startled by the family or he was a genuine cold-blooded killer, he shot all three of them multiple times until they were dead.”

My heart skipped a beat. I began cursing my brother’s name under my breath for sending me to a haunted mansion.

“What happened to the robber?” I asked.

“They never found him or the daughter’s body” Gerald replied.

“So the robber could have kidnapped the girl?” I asked.

“Unlikely, too much of her blood was found at the scene for her to have possibly survived” he sighed. “Although they did find a lot of the robber’s blood at the scene.”

Great, now I had to worry not only about bullet-riddled ghosts, but a murdering home-invader potentially hiding somewhere.

“There was also the local high school being set on fire, apparently incinerating everyone inside” Gerald continued. “The water here has also been tasting somewhat strange recently.”

“Lovely” I sighed. So if the ghosts or burglars don’t kill me, the fire or water will.

After handing me the house key, Gerald left me to explore the mansion at my own accord. But to be honest, after hearing about what happened I was a bit too unnerved to beyond the living room, bathroom and kitchen. It was definitely a nice house, although it had gathered a large mass of dust over the few months of it being vacant.

My thoughts returned to the murder of my father. I thought about how nightmarish it would be to potentially see his ghost. As my heartbeat suddenly quickened, I began to breathe rapidly, to the point where my throat became too dry to be able to breathe properly. I ran to the kitchen and frantically filled the nearest glass with water and gulped it with such urgency I almost waterboarded myself. I had completely forgotten about Gerald’s warning about the water tasting terrible, as I recoiled at the sickening taste that assaulted my taste buds. It is difficult to describe how it tasted. All I can say to give you an idea of what it tasted like was that it just tasted... tainted. I had tried to spit out the water into the sink, but I had already swallowed too much of the water to the point where it felt as if the taste was burned onto my tongue and throat. Just minutes after consuming the tainted water, I began to feel immense agony in my head and abdomen. I made my way to the sofa and crawled into a fetal position, trying to cry the pain away. Sometime afterwards I lost consciousness.

When I awoke, it had become dark outside, which only upped the creep factor of this place. There was however a small light illuminating outside. The pain I had felt now gone, I opened up the curtains to see a shining full moon glaring right at me. For some reason I concentrated on it for a few moments, until I was abruptly interrupted by an itching sensation in my neck. This itching soon began to spread all over my body, to the point where it became unbearable, and I began clawing at my skin with a small glimmer of hope in relieving it. My body temperature soon increased, where I felt like I might have burst into flames. I ferociously began tearing at my clothing, hoping to cool myself down to no avail. Now in nothing but my underwear, that’s when the worst of it started. An agonizing pounding sensation erupted in my head. I clutched at my scalp, as I fell to my knees and began slamming my fists against the floor, letting out screams of despair. That’s when I noticed dark brown hairs beginning to sprout through the pores on my arms. I stared into a nearby mirror, and watched as my dark brown eyes turned golden. I felt my jaw subconsciously jut forwards and expand, as my nose and mouth extended and formed into what appeared to be a canine snout. I felt all of the bones in my body crunch, expand and transform, as my agonized screams turned into wolf-like howls.

Then I lost consciousness, and the beast took over me.

• Oh my! That was unexpected. I really liked this part. I feel bad for Hunter, he's not having a great time.

Rebirth: Part 4 Hunter Woods I have no idea how I was able to even fall asleep during that several hour long taxi ride. I suppose it w

• edited February 2018

“One night, they came home from a night out, only to find a robber had broken in, most likely looking for their valuables” he took another deep breath. “I’m not entirely sure what happened, whether the robber was startled by the family or he was a genuine cold-blooded killer, he shot all three of them multiple times until they were dead.”

Foreshadowing! And one I very much enjoyed at that, makes me excited for the upcoming parts :) Now I got to wonder how much of these other events that were mentioned here are somehow related to events that'll be referenced in the story proper later on. I'll keep an eye out on strange water and burned high schools. Seems like that town has some serious issues. At least Hunter kinda fits right in. But damn, I did not expect that. I guess this is his first transformation, right? In that case, things probably just start to get really bad for him, but also for the people around who have no idea how to deal with a werewolf.

Rebirth: Part 4 Hunter Woods I have no idea how I was able to even fall asleep during that several hour long taxi ride. I suppose it w

• edited November 2018

While I was writing this I had a clear ending, villain and plot in mind. However at one point I decided I just wasn't happy with that plot and spent the past few months trying to make something more unique and special, as well as determining what to do with Cryocoffin. I eventually did come up with something I liked for Urban Legend, and was in the process of planning exactly how it would all fit together, when at one point a few weeks ago I came up with another idea out of nowhere which I didn't like as much as the one before but it had a twist I really liked and was more in spirit of the original story. Up until now I had been mulling over which one to choose and had planned to make my decision within the next few weeks and resume writing. That was until the recent news of Telltale abruptly shutting down, with the forums no doubt following not long after.

I don't know what to do now and where I can continue this story. I'm not familiar with most fanfiction sites and since my stories are not based on any source material I'm not sure if they would even belong there.

For those curious about the original plot I had in mind, here's the gist of it: Tim would have been seemingly killed off at the ending of Chapter 1 following a trail of bloody murders to both satiate his vampiric hunger and out of revenge. He would have been shot by the equivalent of a SWAT team in Moonwisp with bullets designed to kill vampires. He would have returned near the end of Chapter 4, revealing himself to have only been made unconscious by the bullets and surviving due to him having unique powers and not being a true vampire. Tim then would have assumed the role of the main antagonist of the story, hellbent on using his powers to take over the world and enslave humanity after slaughtering some of the major characters. He then would have met his fate in Chapter 5, suffering a brutal death by the surviving heroes of the story, akin to the original main antagonist of Midnight Hollow.

• edited September 2018

https://discord.gg/Hv28xAP
    A Discord server has been created for the writers of this community such as @LiquidChicagoTed come by and talk about what you could do. I'm sure everyone will be glad to have you.

• To all the readers unaware, this might be the last part I post on the Telltale forums. All future parts will be posted on the Urban Legend section on Creator's Haven: http://creators-haven.boards.net/board/15/urban-legend

• edited November 2018

Rebirth: Part 5

Tim Fox

After having cleaned myself up after my invigorating meal, I returned to my hospital bed, making sure to feign a limp on the way back, in case any of my relatives saw me and wondered why someone who got hit by a large, moving vehicle was able to walk perfectly. I also didn’t want my religious zealot of an aunt to call my recovery a “miracle of God”. That would be insulting to the true god that gave me this gift. I suppose vampirism is proof of some kind of higher being, or perhaps multiple ones. If there are gods out there, and an afterlife, especially one designated for sinners, I felt relief that I would be spared from it. If there is some kind of figure similar to the Devil that exists, I automatically pledge my allegiance to it, especially if they are responsible for my vampirism. If there is a god similar to the one that is supposedly responsible for the creation of humanity, they are automatically my sworn enemy. After all, they gave me my weak mortal body and took my mother away from me. Speaking of humanity, I can’t express how much as I am glad to no longer be a part of it. Now that I think of it, humans are so weak and fragile. They pretend to be so strong and powerful, self-proclaiming themselves at the top of the food chain, yet if a true predator crosses their path, they will die like the fragile, weak cowards they are, or hide behind their little guns. Pathetic.

Something strange happened after a few more hours of lying in that hospital bed. I heard footsteps approach, to which I immediately closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Thankfully it was dark in my room, so I was able to slightly open one of my eyes while still appearing to be fast asleep. I caught a glimpse of my uncle, staring down at me, his hands clenched around a pillow. He then began to slowly descend the pillow down towards my face. Unsure of what would have happened if I were to have stayed put, I pretended to begin to wake up. My uncle suddenly breathed sharply, and put the pillow back on the bed.

“Gabe, what happened?” I grunted, pretending to have just noticed him. We were never particularly close, so I always referred to him by his first name.

“You were in an accident, lad” he replied, not without a hint of anxiety in his voice. “We thought you were a goner.”

He then noticed the freshly healed scars.

“But you seem to have healed up nicely; perhaps it is a miracle from the lord” he said.

Ugh, he and his wife were always obsessing over their little beliefs. In the past, I would have become slightly irritated with their religious rambling, but now I wasn’t sure whether to laugh at the irony of that statement or become infuriated. Usually the recoveries of patients in peril was thanks to the hard work of the doctors and nurses, not the will of some imaginary being in the sky, but in this case my survival was thanks to the work of the being that created vampires, not some tyrant in the clouds which gave me this pathetic life.

Due to my “miraculous” recovery, I was discharged from the hospital earlier than expected. My uncle, aunt and cousin seemed worried about me at the hospital, but soon went back to pretending I never existed once we arrived at home, in fact the only member of my family who seemed pleased to see me was the family dog, a border collie named Billy. He was always fond of me particularly, unlike any human I’ve ever known. He was quite protective of me, always barking at my uncle and jumping at him when he would have a go at me. In truth, I’ve always been more of a cat person, but I still enjoyed the company of something that actually wanted to be around me. The canine’s presence helped to slightly heal the constant loneliness I have always been plagued by. I miss him.

Whilst I spent the next few days trying to comprehend the fact that vampires were real, and I had actually been transformed into one (I had been granted a few days off school to “recover” some more), I had completely forgotten all about what had actually turned me into a vampire in the first place. I looked back to that fateful day, the day where I had been struck by that vehicle. The day when I saved that hooded figure from suicide. That is when it dawned upon me, that they must have been the one that turned me into a vampire.

Why would they attempt to commit suicide? Who wouldn’t want to never age, live forever, have superpowers and the ability to tear apart anyone who dared get in your way and feast upon their blood? I then remembered that my outlook on life is drastically different to those around me. I never intended to actually find them; I couldn’t be bothered to search for someone who wanted to throw their gift and new life away like that. It was by pure chance that I stumbled upon them about to yet again attempt to take their own life during a shopping trip. This time it was at the top of the bell tower in the town centre. This was the first time I used my new powers. I had to feign a limp during my time at home “recovering”, so I didn’t have the luxury of going out and testing them.

In all honesty, I was going to let them get on with it this time, I had already almost died for them before and I wasn’t about to do it again. Then I realized that my points for possibly getting in Heaven if some twat ever puts a stake through my heart would likely be erased if I didn’t save them again. So I checked for any bystanders and tore off my bandages and ran, far faster than I was ever capable of doing so before the accident. I knew that I would run out of time if I attempted to run up the several flights of stairs or scale the walls, so I subconsciously jumped instead. All of a sudden I felt a strange sensation in my back and I was lifted hundreds of feet into the air, before twisting myself into a somersault and expertly landing onto the roof. They actually noticed my presence this time, as I heard a feminine gasp and at last I saw the face of the person I had almost died for.

I had expected some mentally unstable crackhead but instead was pleasantly surprised to see a young woman around my age anxiously staring back. She was fairly attractive, with piercing blue eyes and pitch black hair that was barely contained by the hood that covered it and pale skin that rivalled even my own. Although hers only furthered her beauty, while mine made me appear pasty and ghoulish. Despite being exceptionally beautiful, she wasn’t really my type, I preferred the tanned brunettes from America, although I could see some of the goth blokes from school falling head over heels for her. As I thought about school for that brief moment I realized that I actually recognized her. I had encountered her a few times at school before but had never spoken a word to her before. She might have smiled at me before but I likely got shy and speed walked away. I tried to recall her name. What was it? Annabelle? Amanda? Then I remembered.

“Amalia?” I spoke to her.

“Tom?” she responded.

“It’s Tim” I corrected her, a little bit irked that yet another attractive girl couldn’t recall my name yet I could remember theirs.

There was an awkward silence before I decided to speak up again and try and figure out what was actually happening.

“Um… whatcha doing?” I asked, as gentle as I could.

She turned away from me, looking at busy streets below. She began to cry.

“Trying to get out of this nightmare” she sobbed.

Then I remembered about the assembly we had at school a few weeks back. We had been informed that Amalia’s parents had been murdered in their own home by some kind of burglar, and she had gone missing. But how did she end up as a vampire?

“I know what happened to your parents, Amalia, and I’m sorry what you had to go through, if it’s any consolation my mother died when I was a baby, but how did you end up as a vampire?” I questioned, keeping an eye on her movements in case she tried to leap to her death.

She turned back to face and she opened her mouth to speak, but she struggled to find words. I noticed her fangs were retracted.

“My uncle, well not really my uncle, he was the one who turned me into this” she said, wiping the tears from her face. She seemed to be staring at the two small, round scars on my neck, where she had presumably bit me. “And thanks to me you’re also one of us now.”

“What was that about an uncle?” I asked.

She took a deep breath.

“The burglar, he got startled I guess, we had just gotten back from a dinner, he shot at me and my parents. My mum died instantly, but me and my dad were fatally wounded. This man who my dad has told me was my uncle had been paying one of his annual visits to us during that time, and he found us. I thought the robber was going to shoot him too, but my uncle charged at him faster than I had ever believed to be humanly possible. He tore the burglar’s throat out with his… teeth. My dad begged my uncle to save me before he finally died, and then my uncle bit me, and everything turned to darkness. I awoke feeling different, my wounds had healed and my uncle told me he was a vampire and now I was one too. I ran away. I didn’t want to kill and drink blood to survive, and I still don’t. So I hid for weeks until the hunger just became too much and I decided to just end it all” Amalia blurted out.

“But then I saved you from that lorry and you turned me to save me?” I asked, hoping my prediction was correct. The look of embarrassment on her face told me otherwise however.

“Actually I sort of lost it when I saw lying on the road covered in blood, and I fed on you. I was going to snap your neck afterwards so you wouldn’t have to be like me but then the driver got out of the lorry and I ran, afraid of being seen” she explained, a hint of guilt in her words.

So it seems in an ironic turn of events, that lorry driver is the reason I’m alive even though he was the one who technically killed me.

“I’m glad you didn’t finish me off I guess” I replied, trying to sound cool and competent.

“But why would you want to have kill and drink human blood to survive?” she questioned.

I was about to respond with “Why wouldn’t I?” before realizing that she might be afraid of me if I said that.

“Because death is so final, while life is full of possibilities” I rebuked, hoping she wouldn’t get the reference and would be impressed.

“I would rather die than have to kill!” she exclaimed.

“Maybe you don’t have to…” I said, as an idea suddenly popped up in my head.

“What do you mean?” she asked, with a look of curiosity upon her face.

I looked at her dead in the eyes, and said as confidently as I could…
    “I can kill for you.”

“No! I won’t allow any innocent people to die, by my hand or yours!” she cried out.

I walked towards her and rested my hand on her shoulder and grinned.

“I never said I would kill “innocent” people” I whispered.

???

It was late at night, yet Charles Thompson was out and about. He had a date to go to. There was a considerable age gap between him and his date, but that didn’t deter him from pursuing the girl. In fact, that was just how he liked them, much younger and vulnerable. The girl in question also seemed eager to meet him, despite him being in his early fifties and having an almost non-existent hairline.

Thompson recalled the most recent of the numerous texts they had exchanged with each other in the few days since they had met. He was to meet her behind the petrol station, and she had described herself as being tall for her age and wearing a black hoodie. Thompson would have preferred her to be shorter and to be wearing her school uniform, for the more authentic schoolgirl look, but he decided that it would have to suffice.

When he finally reached the petrol station, he checked his surroundings to make sure it would be just him and her, alone. He then crept around to the back of the petrol station, and saw the girl he had come to meet facing the other way from where he was looking.

“Excellent” he thought.

He also thought about what a foolish girl she was. Hadn’t her mummy and daddy taught her to not to meet up with strangers you met on the internet? As he withdrew the rag from his pocket with one hand, and the bottle of chloroform with the other, he thought about how she would learn the hard way of what the consequences are for her stupidity.

“Hello Casey” Thompson chuckled as he struck, bringing the now chloroform soaked rag to her face.

The girl’s arm suddenly outstretched, her hand firmly gripping around his wrist, stopping him dead in his tracks. She turned to reveal her face, and he realized that “Casey” was instead a young man, looking to be in his mid to late teens. A look of disgust stretched across the teenager’s face.

“Hello nonce” he hissed. “And the name’s Tim by the way.”

The last thing Thompson saw was the young man’s clenched fist flying towards his face, instantly knocking the child predator unconscious upon impact.

Tim Fox

Pretending to be a young girl online in order to attract the attentions of a pedophile made me feel sick to my stomach, but if I can get a large amount of blood for both me and Amalia out of it, then I suppose it was all worth it. Finding a child predator to lure into this trap was fairly easy, I used pictures of my cousin when she was younger as profile pictures on various social media sites, and like a moth to a flame this creep messaged me. After knocking the creep out, I dragged him deep into the forest, which wasn’t too difficult with my supernatural strength. I tied him upside down on the branch of a tree, with an empty jug of milk with the cap off positioned beneath him. The plan was to slit his throat, and allow the blood to leak into the jug until it is full. If neither of us got greedy, it would last both me and Amalia (or Amy as she had asked me to call her by) for quite a while. It was more effort to convince Amy to allow me to go through with this then it was actually capturing the nonce. Once I ensured her that I would only kill detestable people that the world was better off without, I finally managed to make her see sense. After harvesting the blood, I would need to dispose of the body and make sure it would never be found, as she feared if her uncle found out he would track her down and force her to kill innocents too. God knows what he would have done with me as well.
    Despite my utter hatred for the unconscious, dangling man I had captured, I had struggled to actually bring myself to do the deed of ending his life. It wasn’t really mercy of guilt I felt, it was more so that I couldn’t truly comprehend that in a matter of weeks I had gone from weak and depressed schoolboy to pedophile-hunting vampire and that I was actually about to take a life. I had been wanting to kill bad people for so long. Why couldn’t I do it now?

I guess I took too long to kill Thompson while he was unconscious as he started to wake up and upon realizing what had just happened to him wasn’t a bad dream, he began frantically flailing around, whimpering and begging for mercy.

“Please don’t kill me! Please! I’ll do anything!” he cried.

I kicked him in the face, breaking his nose. I kneeled and looked at him through his gold-rimmed glasses and into his eyes.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t” I sneered.

“I have a family!” he wailed.

“You? A family?” I snorted before realizing he might be a father himself, which only enraged me even further. “Please don’t tell me you actually have children of your own!” I snarled.

He withdrew a wallet from within his jacket pocket and handed it to me. I opened it and saw a picture of Thompson, a woman around his age, which I presumed was his wife, and two little girls. It disgusted me that even a father could be willing to do such revolting, depraved things to the children of others. I thought that he perhaps might be doing it to his own children as well, and my blood boiled.

“Do you hurt them as well?!” I hissed; ready to beat him to a pulp.

“God… no I would never! Please believe me!” he cried.

“What would you do if some disgusting old creep was abusing your daughters, huh?” I questioned.

“I would… kill him” Thompson spat.

“THEN WHY DO IT TO OTHER INNOCENT CHILDREN YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!” I roared.

“Because… I’m a disgusting excuse of man” he whimpered, closing his eyes shut and shaking his head.

“How many other kids have you hurt?” I asked.

“I swear… on the lives of my daughters… this was the first time” Thompson begged. “I will never do this again, I promise!”

I had no clue what to do at this point. If I let him go, I would rough him up first and threaten him to ensure he doesn’t blab about me. If I turned him in to the police I feared that he might tell them about me and arouse suspicion of me and Amy’s uncle might find us, so handing him in wasn’t an option. This man deserved to die, but who am I to take a father away from his children? But I knew I had to make a choice. A choice that I knew would define who I am, and what I would become.

[Kill him for his blood]

[Let him go]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.