Having issues with controllers in this game

Hello, I'm playing The Enemy within on PC, but the game is having a hard time with controllers, I have a PS4 one (which works great for most games), it works but buttons are completely messed up, square button (X on Xbox) is actually mapped as A button, and A button is mapped as B, so it's very confusing, and although the controller is recognized the game QTES still prompt letters from the keyboard to use first, then it soon switches to PAD buttons, so completely unplayable, I also plugged an ordinary PC usb controller, still mapped differently, B button pauses the game and yet the game prompts keyboard commands for QTES, and the game doesn't seem to have any menu for remapping the controller, I also have a wireless Xbox 360 controller with a cable, but that one never worked on windows games, any help please?

Comments

• The game only natively supports Xbox controllers.

But you can try this :https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-use-a-ps4-controller-steam,news-24039.html

It should "emulate" a 360/One controller within Steam. Not sure if it's going to work with Batman.

• Strange that my 360 controller is not even recognized, could it be because it's wireless? I'm using the usb cable adapter though which works fine with the 360 console, not sure if on PC it just gets powered up, my PS4 controller is also wireless but works fine with the usb cable, it's just messed up on Batman.

The game only natively supports Xbox controllers. But you can try this :https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-use-a-ps4-controller-steam,ne

• Strange. But if you claim it never worked on any other game the problem must lie in your drivers.

I never could make my wireless 360 controllers work with W10 for instance, but my Xbox One controllers, both standard and elite work like a charm with any game I play, Batman included.

I'm sorry not being able to be of much help. The Xbox One controller is a huge upgrade over the 360 one anyway, it's a worthwhile investment to make.
    Consider it.

KevinMask posted: »

Strange that my 360 controller is not even recognized, could it be because it's wireless? I'm using the usb cable adapter though which works

• Does it have to be a genuine microsoft xbox one controller, or is it ok if I just buy a compatible cheap one?

Strange. But if you claim it never worked on any other game the problem must lie in your drivers. I never could make my wireless 360 cont

• I have no idea, but I can't see any reason why you would chose anything else than an official Xbox One controller.
    Only the elite version is truly expensive. Regular ones can be found at 49€ where I live. Hardly outrageous for such a great piece of kit.

KevinMask posted: »

Does it have to be a genuine microsoft xbox one controller, or is it ok if I just buy a compatible cheap one?

• My Xbox One controller works perfectly...with a usb.

• I tried wireless and no issues. No luck with the 360 one though.

bthom20 posted: »

My Xbox One controller works perfectly...with a usb.

• Yeah my wireless 360 doesn't work either, although it's recognized by windows 10 it gives no sign of life when in use, my wireless PS4 one works fine with most games on the contrary, just with Batman it has screwed up buttons

I tried wireless and no issues. No luck with the 360 one though.

• BruceBrothers, the reason is that I'm full of controllers here and I don't see the reason why I should buy another one just for a single game, 50€ is more expensive than this game if you reckon, I'd instead get refunded and buy the PS4 version, I decided to buy the PC version only because I just got a brand new PC and I wanted to use it, but the first Batman game is on my PS4.

• Suit yourself. You can't put it on the devs not to support every controller out there.
    A Xbox controller is widely considered to be THE standard controller for PC gaming. If you don't want to align with the standard like Telltale rightfully did this is your prerogative.

• I played the 1st episode of season 2 and when I first get to fight someone, the button prompts don't say what buttons to push. I don't know if it is because I am playing the game on a Chromebook or if the game is broken. Someone help me fix this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.