Possible fix for the "freezing at the title screen" bug

I've been screwing around with the non-steam version and I found a way to get around the "freezing at the title screen" bug. Go into the telltale games folder in your documents, find the guardians of the galaxy folder and rename it. This will cause the game to create a new guardians of the galaxy folder when you start it up and it shouldn't freeze, then you should be able to download episode 4. The only problem is you won't have your save files. I tried manually copying the files after downloading episode 4 to the new folder, but the freezing issue came back. I even started episode 4 long enough for it to make an autosave, backed out of the game, and restarted it with no issues. So yeah, you'll need to replay episodes 1 through 3, but at this rate it might be faster to do that than wait for Telltale to fix things.

Curious to hear if this works for anyone else.

Comments

• Actually forget this idea.

@Arrhyn nailed it in another thread. Do whatever you need to in order to disable your internet connection, start the game (it won't freeze this time), reconnect to the internet, and download episode 4. I think you might need to disable your internet connection from here on out before you start the game up, until Telltale fixes things, but it's much easier than wiping your save files.

• Thansk for the mention, pal! I'm glad it helped you :)

Panzer89 posted: »

Actually forget this idea. @Arrhyn nailed it in another thread. Do whatever you need to in order to disable your internet connection, sta

Sign in to comment in this discussion.