Is anyone else getting bored of video games?

I feel like the video games are falling downhill because I'm barely excited for upcoming video games since 2016. Most of them end up bad, disappointing, boring, ok etc. I'm not that excited for the upcoming games of 2018, the only that I can think of is Spider-Man PS4. The Last of Us 2 will definitely not come out next year so it will be a hell of a wait. I'm also thinking of buying Star Wars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 but only if they get great reviews and cheaper (Not buying them in the first day).

Tagged:

Comments

• Last time I remember, 2015 is the last amazing year for video games. I might be wrong.

• people like to be all dramatic just because one of their favorite games didn't turn quite like they imagined.

There are very known game sequels that were anticipated but disappointing this year like Mass Effect Andromeda, The Walking Dead A New Frontier, Outlast 2, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Destiny 2 etc.

• A little. I still play video games, but honestly, in my opinion, there hasn't been a single actually GREAT game to come out since late 2015: Until Dawn, Telltale's TFTBL and GOT, etc. But now, for every...even DECENT video game to come out every year, there, are, like, 12 other crappy ones.

• What about Uncharted 4?

A little. I still play video games, but honestly, in my opinion, there hasn't been a single actually GREAT game to come out since late 2015:

• But now, for every...even DECENT video game to come out every year, there, are, like, 12 other crappy ones.

And that started in 2016, the only good game being UC4.

AronDracula posted: »

What about Uncharted 4?

• edited October 2017

2017 has been a DAMN good year for gaming, so don't know what to tell ya if this year of all years made ya bored haha.

• The only games that I enjoyed this year so far are Resident Evil 7 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I'm not really interested in games (From what I've heard they're good) like The Legend of Zelda BOTW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Injustice 2, Little Nightmares, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy etc.

2017 has been a DAMN good year for gaming, so don't know what to tell ya if this year of all years made ya bored haha.

• edited October 2017

Whenever I begin to get "bored" of games, which has happened before, it's usually always depression. I've been clinically depressed since I was 11, and depression by definition makes you uninterested in the things you love. Simple joys you had before like playing video games and watching movies begin to become uninteresting and you just stop caring. When I get into a bad enough swing, I can go from being able to play Dark Souls for 4 hours straight and enjoying every second of it to barely even giving enough of a shit to look at a television screen. When this happens, I usually step back from video games for a bit, and try and clear my mind. Do other things. Eventually I come out of the swing and I'm able to play whatever I want again.

As for game releases being disappointing, let me say something on that front.

2017 has given us a fuckload of good ass games. Cuphead and Resident Evil 7 came out to be some of the best games of their respective genres. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild went back to a Zelda formula long dead since the days of Link to the Past, and came back boasting one of the most beautiful and wonderful living breathing worlds in gaming history. NieR: Automata proved that the hack and slash genre is not dead and shows an amazing emotional story. Sonic Mania brought Sonic back from the dead with a beautiful platformer masterpiece that rivals Sonic 2 in quality. Mario + Rabbids proved even the most dumbshit idiotic ideas can be amazing if done right. Gravity Rush 2, Nioh and Little Nightmares are all fantastic in their own way. And Dark Souls III came back with one final DLC that finished the series off in a beautiful and perfect way, giving even Dark Souls 1 a run for it's money. And that's just scratching the surface! There are still more games yet to come out that look amazing.

Have there been duds? Sure. But a large majority of the duds are from developers who ALWAYS make duds. It's not surprising. I mean come on, did anybody expect Life is Strange's prequel or Destiny 2 to be good? What about all the games from EA or Ubisoft that came out? It's not exactly like those were going to be beloved masterpieces. I'll tell you dude, I sure did believe in those indie developers with no prior experience talking a big game and literally refusing to account for any problems the game may have. I sure am disappointed that For Honor and Lawbreakers turned out to be shitty. Literally the only surprising disappointments were ME: Andromeda and PREY, but come on, PREY was being made by Bethesda and Andromeda was under control of the B-team and not the A-team. They were bound to suck, it's just upsetting they did. 2017 has been a great year for games, the best year in a long time. But I digress. If you're losing interest in games, don't be worried. It's just a natural part of life. It'll come back to you again.

EDIT:

• be me
    • completely forget for honor was a ubisoft game and not by an indie developer
    • feel like an idiot
  • Yeah Andromeda.......my heart still hurts over that game...they should have stuck with Unreal and gone to Unreal 4.

people like to be all dramatic just because one of their favorite games didn't turn quite like they imagined. There are very known g

• Lol so it's not that video games are going downhill. It's just that you don't have any interest in playing these games.

The only games that I enjoyed this year so far are Resident Evil 7 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I'm not really interested in games (From w

• Nah. I felt the way you were feeling when it was 2016 but this year imo was really good for gaming and it’s getting way better. Nintendo was amazing this year with the switch and Zelda, Mario odyssey coming up, all the third party support. South Park the fractured But Whole cane out after many delays I haven’t bought it yet but it looks really good. There’s a new Wolfenstein coming soon. Life is strange before the storm is currently going (the second episode was leaked I played it and it was amazing 10/10). Big year for telltale as well. But yeah there are some bad parts like the new assains creed just looks boring and will probably be the first one I don’t buy or just wait for a price drop. But when you think about it there was a lot and more coming.

• comes in "anyone getting bored of video games" me: what!? I was played deadrising say that louder!

• Middle-Earth:Shadow of War

What? How is Shadow of War disappointing?

people like to be all dramatic just because one of their favorite games didn't turn quite like they imagined. There are very known g

• Totally agree, I think 2017 has been the best year for games in a long time.

• Shadow of War is better than the first game in every way. The hooplah over loot boxes doesn't change that.

• There's at least 5 good games THIS month! Let alone the rest of this year, but sure, gaming is dead I guess.

• It's been pretty dry lately.

• It is not that I am getting bored of video games. It is just that I don't have as much time devoted to playing them as I used too.

• edited October 2017

Take a look over there ---->> http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/middle-earth-shadow-of-war

Not a lot of people can resist microtransactions.

Middle-Earth:Shadow of War What? How is Shadow of War disappointing?

• Faceplants in desk
    Yet another negative remark about D2. I despise the Internet. I don't have clinical depression, but I'm starting to GET REAL DEPRESSED BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME.

I mean, it's not like I can play Fallout or GTA or Skyrim or any of those good open-world games because they have to put all that CRAP in them, so I'm stuck playing T games at the moment, and D2 has been my favorite so far.

Whenever I begin to get "bored" of games, which has happened before, it's usually always depression. I've been clinically depressed since I

• Protest reviews are not what people actually think about a game. Game is only getting low player reviews because micro transactions are in the game and people are protesting that (which is fine) GTA5 got similarly review bombed a few months ago when 2k tried to Take down some mod site. The actual game itself is damn good.

Take a look over there ---->> http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/middle-earth-shadow-of-war Not a lot of people can resist microtransactions.

• This.

Loot boxes might be a problem but they aren’t needed and they’re easily ignorable (I don’t support loot boxes and will never support them).

Middle-Earth:Shadow of War What? How is Shadow of War disappointing?

• Here is the problem with games today. Less focus on fun gameplay, story, and the need to sell you DLC. A lot of games let you play while spamming loot boxes in your face every minute. Also little kids who play online and try to emulate how YouTubers play games is becoming annoying, if I want to do something a different way I don't need a little kid on a microphone throwing a bitch fit every time I wanna play my own way. DLC which is not DLC but unlockables in games that are removed from the game to be sold for cash is a horrible move anyone remember when we used to unlock costumes and modes for beating the game and being pretty good at the game? I know the videogames need a lot of money to be developed today but the better the base game is without the need of DLC the more it will sell because reviewers and players would be praising them for their work, look at The Witcher 3 or Fallout 3 and its DLC for a good game with excellent DLC.

• this year has been fucking crazy with games, like 2015. im still trying to play some from 2015, bloodborne being probably the best.

if youre not hyped for any of the game from this year, idk wtf you want to play.

• Witcher 3 and telltale games got me back into gaming .

• I'm NEVER bored of video games. :)

• I just don't see how you would get bored of video games because I'm still exploring fallout and other great games

ColeKXL posted: »

I'm NEVER bored of video games.

• I seem to be moving from video games to TV series and movies.
    Video games just don't really interest me as much anymore. Although there are still a few games I'll definitely play when they come out.

• I don't play nearly as many games as I used to. I think you get into this thing when you first have disposable income, where you over do it. I used to buy a lot of movies and play a lot of games, but lately I don't do either as much. I've bought 3 games this year and a handful of movies. WAY down from my average. I just got to a point where I found myself buying stuff that I never get around to playing/watching, so now, I'm much more critical of my purchases. Right now, there are no games with a set release date that I'm looking into buying.

I still enjoy games, I still play games. I just don't play everything that looks "kinda cool".

• Yes! Yes, I have. I mostly played GTA online, but I haven't in a while. It became too repetitive. I mostly just watch walkthroughs now on YouTube. Just waiting on RDR2, TWD's Final Season and TWAU :#

• edited October 2017

Triple-A titles have certainly fallen downhill with this last stretch of 2017. I think this will have been the year people fully accept the inclusion of loot crates or w.e. you want to call them in single player games. While not all of them infringe on gameplay, they do still promote gambling, the ESRB is wrong for saying that it is not the same.

It's not all bad though, I think it's been a great year for indie titles so far, and there's a lot of new ones that look promising for next year. Same goes for some triple-A titles, but my expectations have certainly been lowered.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.