Workaround for "Checking for DLC" freeze

Totally forgot about the Episode 4 release, but surprise surprise, of course I would have to do some fixing by myself before I can relax and play the game, right Telltale?

Anyway, I think I found a workaround for the freeze. This method is only recommended for people who have saved their game in the cloud, otherwise you might lose your progress (anyone willing to be a lab rat?).
Also, it seems like you will have to re-download other episodes (except episode 1) if you want to replay them.

→ Delete or move the contents of the 'Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy' folder inside documents.
Now you should be able to get into the menu. Activate cloud saving to get your save files.

Downloading Episode 4 right now. Looks promising so far.
Btw, why is the download paused when the game is minimized?

Comments

• You really complicated your life, pal, I fixed this a week ago.
    Here, before you lose your save : https://telltale.com/community/discussion/117885/i-fixed-the-dlc-crash-bug-on-the-ttg-store-version-d
    You're welcome. :)

• I've seen your comment, but to be honest, I was too lazy or proud to get on my knees and crawl under my desk several times when Telltale won't even address this issue.. ;)
    And as I said, you won't lose your save-file when you had cloud saving activated.

Arrhyn posted: »

You really complicated your life, pal, I fixed this a week ago. Here, before you lose your save : https://telltale.com/community/discussion/117885/i-fixed-the-dlc-crash-bug-on-the-ttg-store-version-d You're welcome.

• Lol, you're too lazy to just click on "Disconnect" on a Windows task bar (yeah, don't need to "crawl under your desk" even if you're connected with a cable, just saying) but you're not too lazy to do all of this, lose your save and re-download all the episodes? Typical male behaviour. ._.

Woelki posted: »

I've seen your comment, but to be honest, I was too lazy or proud to get on my knees and crawl under my desk several times when Telltale won

• What is wrong with you?
    I presented a solution which doesn't require any more effort than yours.
    I didn't lose my saves and I didn't have to re-download episodes to play the new one.

Now I cannot even post a simple workaround anymore without being attacked.
    Seriously, I'm sick of online forums and comment sections. Bye.

Arrhyn posted: »

Lol, you're too lazy to just click on "Disconnect" on a Windows task bar (yeah, don't need to "crawl under your desk" even if you're connect

Sign in to comment in this discussion.