New Last of Us II trailer

Hard to believe that at one time I actually considered the TellTale series to be as good as this one.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VXUPpxA32Og

Tagged:

Comments

• This is walking dead not telltale talk my dude

• I really liked it! Though I can already tell that people are going to cry "Wahhhhh! SJW's!" because the main characters in this trailer are female. Ellie wasn't present. Makes me wonder if they're doing multiple perspectives. Some people seem to think this a flashback about Ellie's mother.

• What does SJW stand for?

AgentZ46 posted: »

I really liked it! Though I can already tell that people are going to cry "Wahhhhh! SJW's!" because the main characters in this trailer are

• Social justice warrior.

AronDracula posted: »

What does SJW stand for?

• That hammer scene though... shudder.

I absolutely cannot friggin' wait for this game. Hopefully it'll live up to the tremendously high bar set by the first one, but I've got a feeling they'll be able to pull it off somehow.

On a side note though, dayumm, girl! Have you been hitting the gym or what?

• You realise that when you say things like that you're no better than the idiots who do, right?
    Literally the equivalant of saying "If you don't like Wolfenstein 2 then you're probably a nazi!"

I really liked it! Though I can already tell that people are going to cry "Wahhhhh! SJW's!" because the main characters in this trailer are

• I'm not giving people shit for liking or disliking anything. It's just a little annoying when I see rants about SJW's in just about anything. But sorry if my little mini rant rubbed you the wrong way.

Graysonn posted: »

You realise that when you say things like that you're no better than the idiots who do, right? Literally the equivalant of saying "If you don't like Wolfenstein 2 then you're probably a nazi!"

• Though I can already tell that people are going to cry "Wahhhhh! SJW's!" because the main characters in this trailer are female.

The exact opposite is happening actually. People don't have a problem with the woman protag. The SJW are fuming because the video showed a woman getting hurt (hammer to the arm) saying it is violence against woman. But they're the same people who would be bitching if there were no woman in the trailer. Fuckin idiots.

• Well that is just as annoying. Wasn't it a woman that ordered that to happen?

Though I can already tell that people are going to cry "Wahhhhh! SJW's!" because the main characters in this trailer are female. The

• Yep.

Hypocrites I'm telling you. Read the article from polygon to get the full of it.

Well that is just as annoying. Wasn't it a woman that ordered that to happen?

• Fair enough. But yeah, like DLB said the only controversy i've seen is about the violence... which is really silly considering TLOU has always been a violent game.

I'm not giving people shit for liking or disliking anything. It's just a little annoying when I see rants about SJW's in just about anything. But sorry if my little mini rant rubbed you the wrong way.

• I imagine most (if not all) the people complaining about the violence are probably people that don't like these types of games and stories in general. I could understand the complaints if the violence did not fit the story. But the violence in this situation does fit the story. These are violent worlds being created and people within those worlds are going to experience extreme violence rathey they are a man, woman, or a child.

These games definitely aren't being made for everyone. They are being made for a specific audience (those that like post apocalyptic worlds and horror). As long as they market the game strictly to that audience than they have every right to make the game as violent as they want.

• I'm not a huge fan of violence, gore, horror, and I really hate zombies because they just scare the shit outta me, but TWD and TLOU are fucking amazing and I have played them and watched walkthroughs on them at least twice. As long as there's a good storyline, I'm willing to shove my fear aside and watch. I can't imagine why people would complain about such a great representation of an apocalypse should it actually happen, even if the violence aspect of it does make you cringe. It's what happens when people get desperate.

sony12 posted: »

I imagine most (if not all) the people complaining about the violence are probably people that don't like these types of games and stories i

• I gotta admit that I'm a little disappointed that Joel or Ellie wasn't in this trailer...
    I did find the violence really disturbing, uncomfortable and hard to watch... especially the part after Emily is killed and the woman is left hanging and struggles for over half a minute. (How does she survive and recover so quickly from that?)
    When Lev vaulted out and looked at her, all I could think of is "Help her down! Help her down! Help her down!"

There seems to be a controversy over the violence being against women.
    I'd find the trailer just as disturbing if all the characters that were being tortured were men instead. The violence in The Last Of Us has always been brutal and uncomfortable, nothing's changed here.

On another note, is Lev a woman or a boy?
    To me, Lev looks like a guy, but sounds like a woman.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.