Install on multiple computers?

edited December 2006 in Game Support
Hi,

Can I install my game both on my computer at school and at home, or do I need two licences? CD rom games you can carry back and forth, but how about Sam & max?
Am I out of luck?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    You're allowed to install games at school? :confused:

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    In this part of the world they're too stingy to get you one, so you buy your own computer.
    And that for 45.000 tuition fees. Sheesh.
  • edited November 2006
    uuuuh... This topic is also very important for me, as I get my new notebook next week...
    I just downloaded the game and I just wanted to start playing (on my old machine), when I read this topic....
    I'm not really interested in buying a second licence for a few days....

Would it be possible to get a second activation key?

I'm hoping on a positive and quick answer as I REALLY want to start playing!!!! :-)

regards, g.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    You should be able to activate it on multiple machines without problem (I think up to five). If it gives you trouble let us know and we'll fix you up.
  • edited November 2006
    That's so cool, thank you!
  • Si^Si^
    edited November 2006
    What happens if u go over five.. sound stupid but in about a yr and a half i would of proberly used them :D with formats and all :D
  • edited November 2006
    What do you mean with up to five computers?
    Does the game check my hardware? What if I upgrade my PC, or change parts of it? I do that quite often, so changing my hardware 5 times can happen within a month or two.
    Can I still activate the game then?
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, I usually reformat my computer once I year, and since I have four computers I think I would run out fast. Does it recognize it as being the same machine after a format?
  • edited November 2006
    Jake wrote: »
    You should be able to activate it on multiple machines without problem (I think up to five). If it gives you trouble let us know and we'll fix you up.

aaah that's fine, thank's for the reply -> I go playing :D :D :D

greez, g.
  • edited November 2006
    The ideal solution would be for the application to send a de-installation report to the server if you uninstall the game, which opens up another slot of the 5 allowed. I'm probably overlooking something in this idea here, so I'll just shut up and go to bed :D

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Erwin wrote: »
    The ideal solution would be for the application to send a de-installation report to the server if you uninstall the game, which opens up another slot of the 5 allowed. I'm probably overlooking something in this idea here, so I'll just shut up and go to bed :D

--Erwin

I like this idea.
  • edited November 2006
    What happens when Telltale games goes out of business?
    (Now I dont hope it will happen, but it could...)

Will we no longer be able to play Sam&Max?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    If you run out of activations, let us know and we'll take care of it.

Telltale has said many times that if the company goes out of business, we'll make sure people can play the games they paid for. But I don't see that happening any time soon. ;)
  • edited November 2006
    God help us if you do ;)

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Ok. Lovely we're able to run Sam and Max on several comps. Now my question : How??? Telltale doesnt recognize my userinfo, and when i created an account with the same email i ordered te game with, it still requires another purchase to activate. Please inform.
    edited November 2006
    To activate a game you've already paid for:

1) Download the demo version from our website. (For Culture Shock, this would be here.)
    2) Install and run the game.
    3) On the first game screen, click "I've already purchased this" and enter your order number and the password you created when you placed the order. (Note that this is NOT the same as the password for your MyTelltale account... it's the one you chose as part of the checkout process.)

If you need a password reminder or don't have your order number, let us know and we can retrieve it for you. (You'll need to provide your first/last name and the email address you used to make the purchase so we can find it.)
  • edited November 2006
    I dont get it. I already own S&M:CS and installed the demo on my laptop, but I dont see any "I`ve already purchased this" button anywhere...

Am I going blind or ...

Edit-

Lol, yes I must be going blind... Been staring at the screen for 10 min... and there it was, right at the bottom... My bad :D
  • edited December 2006
    Montag wrote: »
    What do you mean with up to five computers?
    Does the game check my hardware? What if I upgrade my PC, or change parts of it? I do that quite often, so changing my hardware 5 times can happen within a month or two.
    Can I still activate the game then?

I am curious about his as well. I swap out hardisks fairly often and also swap out GPU's for testing. This form of DRM/Copy Protection is rather flawed if swapping out my hardware will kill it.

I think you need to have this all spelled out more clearly at your purchase screen.
  • edited December 2006
    I have a problem - Ive copied the full set of files across to my laptop which has no internet connection, and when I click "Ive already paid for this" it comes up with something like "One or More Tags Missing". What should I do to get Sam n Max goodness on the go?
    edited December 2006
    That message indicates that something went wrong with the download (or in this case, it's probably because you copied the files from one place to another). You need to do a fresh install on your laptop. You should have the setup file on your computer still from when you downloaded it before (it's in a temp file unless you moved it to another location before downloading, but you can find it by doing a search). If you can't find it, here is a direct link to the file you need to install on your laptop:

http://files.telltalegames.com/games/Sam_And_Max_Culture_Shock_Demo_Setup.exe

After you install on your laptop, click Activation Support and send us the hardware fingerprint from the laptop, and we'll send back an activation key. This is currently the only way to activate one of our games on a non-connected computer. Once it's activated, an internet connection will not be needed to play.
  • edited December 2006
    Ok cool, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.