Can We Have Another AMA or TellTale Staff/Fan Gathering?

edited November 2017 in General Chat

So as many of you know, TTG is going through a restructuring of sort behind the scenes. It seems like some known staff that interacted occasionally with fan online are gone. With whoever is left, can we set up another forum panel or AMA or Reddit? Some transparency and interaction can go a long way especially for fans that are in panic/sinking-ship mode. Again, I know the restructuring may make it hard for any staff member to interact with us (and a select disrespectful group of so-called "fans" makes these kind of things uninviting to staff and actors). I don't know if this is something that could be organized by the mods. I'm just tossing out the idea to see how the forum feels about it.

Comments

• Forum AMAs could probably be a feasible idea in the further off future, but I don't know if this would be the best time for Telltale to do an AMA.

Obligatory disclaimer for lurkers/etc: We Moderators are only community volunteers; we are not staff so please don't take this as an official comment.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Love the idea of more Staff AMA's, but to @Blind Sniper's point, this probably won't happen in the immediate future.

• Well, I'm glad to see mostlypoptarts is still with us.

• I second this. Glad to know you're still here. Can't imagine what you're going through seeing coworkers go. Here's some sunshine for you troubles.

Well, I'm glad to see mostlypoptarts is still with us.

• I would love one, but I seriously doubt Telltale or its employees are in the right position to do so right now.

But hey, @mostlypoptarts is still here so that's good. Always a pleasure to interact with.

• Agreed

Well, I'm glad to see mostlypoptarts is still with us.

• Hey @mostlypoptarts! I am so happy to see that you are still with us! I was worried.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Thank you <3

eRock92 posted: »

I second this. Glad to know you're still here. Can't imagine what you're going through seeing coworkers go. Here's some sunshine for you troubles.

• I haven't been around these forums for long but I know that when I see your name around I get happy. I am sorry about the ongoing events over at Telltale. I do hope that the relieved employees enjoy success in the future. I also would like to wish you luck during this difficult time. Thank you mostlypoptarts (I don't know how to put your name into a comment sorry) :)

Love the idea of more Staff AMA's, but to @Blind Sniper's point, this probably won't happen in the immediate future.

• Put an @ in front of a username to mention them! :)

I haven't been around these forums for long but I know that when I see your name around I get happy. I am sorry about the ongoing events ove

• @Blind Sniper Thank you for showing me how to mention people! :)

• Have I missed anything? How many people left telltale and who left cos this is the first I’ve heard about it ?

eRock92 posted: »

I second this. Glad to know you're still here. Can't imagine what you're going through seeing coworkers go. Here's some sunshine for you troubles.

• I believe it was a quarter of Telltale staff that was laid off. Job was among them, but I’m not really sure about all the details.

Melton23 posted: »

Have I missed anything? How many people left telltale and who left cos this is the first I’ve heard about it ?

• Holy crap, I wasn’t expecting that... damn.

I believe it was a quarter of Telltale staff that was laid off. Job was among them, but I’m not really sure about all the details.

• There was a thread discussing it

Sorry, I had to do it that way because of mobile :s

Melton23 posted: »

Holy crap, I wasn’t expecting that... damn.

• As much as this news is upsetting, I keep trying to bring my self to believe that this is good news. Telltale’s quality in games has “dropped”, according to many reviews, I don’t mind them but I can agree that recent TT games aren’t TWD season 1 standard or TFTBL standard, as soon as the company started to get big, so as it has been shortened by quite a considerable amount, maybe they could communicate with each other better and start going back to the way they were. Idk, just my thoughts. This better be beneficial cos I hate seeing people go ?

There was a thread discussing it (Spoiler) Sorry, I had to do it that way because of mobile

Sign in to comment in this discussion.