Waller - will she or won't she?

I've seen people on this forum post that they suspect Waller will reveal Batman's identity. What is that based on? And what is the basis for the suspicion that she will? I mean, other than she's a shady character and we can't trust her. Is there some history to support this idea that she'll betray Bruce?

I don't know much about Waller from the comics (more of a Marvel fan) because I didn't read them. But I think in the comics (or somewhere else in the Batverse) Waller does know Bruce's identity. Does she ever reveal who he really is?

Second thing is... to what extent is TT going to hew to what is canonical for Batman and Waller?

I don't think Waller is going to reveal Bruce's identity. I think this because even though their methods of achieving justice may conflict or diverge greatly, at the end of the day they both want the same thing. So I don't think Waller would consider it in her best interest to prevent Bruce from being Batman. At least, she wouldn't be upset with him for being overly violent. Gordon might want to toss him in jail for that, but not Waller...

Comments

• I would not bet on her revealing who is behind the mask, but turning on us in some form ? Yes.

• I am curious whether TTG is going to incorporate the whole Suicide Watch story line in this version of Waller. Personally, I hope not.

I would not bet on her revealing who is behind the mask, but turning on us in some form ? Yes.

• edited November 2017

Neither do I. But it would fit with the Pact business, those people are unlikely to rot in a cell if Waller is in charge.
    She will use them for something.

And I wonder what she will do to us as well. Maybe she will "replace" us with Catwoman for instance, since her and Waller are both shady and grey characters.
    I still stand by my theory that Waller had Riddler taken care of. Remember what Riddler said "the Agency uses people, Batman".
    Of course it would be disappointing that she would betray us no matter what, even if we sided with her but Telltale haven't been very subtle thus far, the story clearly depicts Waller as a cold and calculating woman. Just like Catwoman, if she has to throw us under the bus to further her agenda there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that she will.
    The very sudden change of plan at the end of episode 2 is very suspicious. And there another bout I found surprisingly unsettling : when Batman firmly asks Waller to stop having him followed she says "you are right, I will", but in a very strange manner, I'm not sure how to interpret that. See here :

I would not be terribly surprised that she had something to do with why Catwoman is back in Gotham, like in one of Nolan's movie she could have cut a deal with the cat to have her criminal history erased in exchange for a few services.

Hence why I sided with Gordon but still tried to stay on Waller's goodside. With Gordon you know what you are getting into, no cloak and dagger.

ShampaFK posted: »

I am curious whether TTG is going to incorporate the whole Suicide Watch story line in this version of Waller. Personally, I hope not.

• Wallers not dumb she wanted bats in a grave she probably get it I mean bats is a beast but he can't all ways be batman and Wallers got a few wetworkers on speed dial I'm sure he's not immortal and you can't stop what you don't see like maybe a high caliber rifle round through the window of Wayne tower or somethin

• Okay I've been pro-Waller my entire playthrough so far (don't ask why, it just kinda happened) and I am 100% sure that she is going to fuck me over anyways. She simply doesn't care about things like loyalty or honor or partnerships, Bruce is a tool for her to use and to discard when she wants. Simple as that. She proved as much when she abandoned her men and Bruce during her plan, when she was supposed to assist with the ambush.

Plus i think she might have an ulterior motive that we are playing into by blindly trusting her goodwill. She could be this season's Vicki Vale.

• At what point do you think Waller knew Bruce was Bats? My guess is not long after Lucius died. I think they either planted a bug while Avesta and Blake were interviewing him in his office... or that the file they gave Bats had some kind of tracking thing or a bug on it... it was fairly strategically placed.

Neither do I. But it would fit with the Pact business, those people are unlikely to rot in a cell if Waller is in charge. She will use them

• I think I agree with pretty much everything you said. My questions to you are these: what do you think is Waller's motivation? What drives her, and does she have limits?

Okay I've been pro-Waller my entire playthrough so far (don't ask why, it just kinda happened) and I am 100% sure that she is going to fuck

• No idea. It must have happened after Avesta "profiled" Bruce the day Lucious died. Even easier to figure out if you went to Mori for intel about the Riddler. She must have noted how strickingly similar the two profiles are and notified Waller. It's not clear how she did that, if you remember in episode one the game explicitly mentions a file that Avesta has where she collects info about Batman's psychological profile.
    How interesting would it be to get our hands on that file.

At what point do you think Waller knew Bruce was Bats? My guess is not long after Lucius died. I think they either planted a bug while Avest

• Riddler said the Agency "made" him, could be that Waller is involved in the same sort of shady shit. If you call her instead of Gordon her eyes get very wide when she hears Bane's name but she doesn't say anything about it. So maybe she is trying to take out the Pact while tricking/blackmailing Batman so that nobody uncovers her secrets. Could be that she was the one who actually killed Riddler. And I don't think she has any limits. She isn't above blackmail, violent interrogations, and using people. Plus she keeps telling Bruce how much shady shit he will have to do.

I think I agree with pretty much everything you said. My questions to you are these: what do you think is Waller's motivation? What drives her, and does she have limits?

• I almost forgot her weird expression when Waller hears the name Bane, like she heard it before.

Maybe the Pact are ex-"associates" of Waller she wants to silence.

But yeah she is definitely hiding something, something massive.

Riddler said the Agency "made" him, could be that Waller is involved in the same sort of shady shit. If you call her instead of Gordon her e

Sign in to comment in this discussion.