[Spoilers] Warning S****a - why is that even a choice?

Gordon is already pissed at us anyway, I’m seeing no way of turning back now unless we do the “I’M BATMAN” reveal. He even thinks Bruce is a criminal now. Selina gets beaten to a pulp if you don’t warn her. Lastly, getting the laptop from Selina if you warned her wasn’t difficult, you didn’t have to do convincing like with Tiffany back at episode 2. (Where the ep. 1 choice plays a part in)

So... why is this even an option? For the extra scene with John, maybe? All he does is throw the batarang. Telltale has mentioned many times in marketing for the second season that specifically, John Doe watches Bruce’s every move and that he will shape what kind of Joker that John Doe will become. That Batman scene imo is purely fan service.

Come on, don’t tell me I’m really the only one who thought this choice was fairly stupid.

P.S. I haven’t finished the episode. But I did watch an alternative for that choice on YouTube as I was interested in the outcome if you didn’t warn her.

EDIT: Reminds me of the Harvey choice in S1E2, just with Harvey being Selina and Selina being John.

Tagged:

Comments

• It's a pretty stupid choice. The John scene felt like a pure fan service.

• edited November 2017

I picked that choice merely to stop her from getting the laptop. Bruce's mission is to break these terrorist groups apart from the inside, handing the laptop to the unpredictable and unrustworthy Catwoman didn't seem like a good move toward that end goal.

I then told her I didn't know Gordon was after her and she believed it lmao.

Also, I'm not sure you're aware, but I've seen some people who just want to see Catwoman behind bars as the criminal scum she is.

Also, Gordon's relationship with Bruce is negative regardless of what you do, but you make this decision as Batman, not Bruce, and Batman's relatioship with Gordon has actually been determinant. Personally, this was the first pro-Gordon move I've made this Season.

As for John... Yeah I didn't get his involvement this episode at all? When Catwoman runs away with the decrypter annoucing she's taking the laptop, how exactly did John come to the conclusion Bruce was trying to steal it too? Didn't he see us, uh, trying to stop her? This really bummed me out, there were no cracks in Bruce's act yet John sees through it for seemingly no reason whatsoever?

And on that note, didn't S1 establish John is perfectly aware Bruce is Batman? S2 seems to be trying to burry his whole Arkham segment in S1, where he tells us he "knows who we really are" and then proceeds to give Bruce information on the Vales. The only reason he'd do such thing is if he knew Bruce was Batman, and that was something HEAVILY IMPLIED.

Why is Bruce so thick.

• I prefer that choice way more than warning Selina, I can't bring myself to pick it, but the scene with John, and then Selina being all vulnerable and hurt appearing in your house has much more content, more screen time and is way more interesting.

It starts good, with a "Yeah, I can use Gordon to slow her down and get the laptop for myself, I do that either because I am having fun with Selina in a silly competition or because I can't trust her", good, you have 2 reasons, I myself if I picked that choice would be making it a "game" with Selina.

But then you screw everything up, she appears all hurt in your house and instead of being "Oh shit what have I done" you're all "Oh, what happened to her? I wonder" "Meh, I thought they wouldn't catch you". Was there even an option to apologize? When you have to choose why did you do it, you can answer "Bros before hoes" or "I don't know", there is no option to justify with the whole laptop thing? Or at least apologize?

• edited November 2017

Why is Bruce so thick.

I'm sure Poogers can provide a visual aid for you.

EDIT: Whew this post is glitching out on me

I picked that choice merely to stop her from getting the laptop. Bruce's mission is to break these terrorist groups apart from the inside, h

• How is the Selina/Bruce dynamic in the scene where you dont tell her about the GCPD? it would be pretty silly if you could still go all flirty flirty with her, even after she knows he basically fucked her

Kaelthas posted: »

I prefer that choice way more than warning Selina, I can't bring myself to pick it, but the scene with John, and then Selina being all vulne

• I picked the choice not to warn her and told her that I knew and I din't kiss her ass at all and you can still be flirty she also admits she was wrong to betray you, and you can also kiss her and she admits that your the only person she really cares about.

How is the Selina/Bruce dynamic in the scene where you dont tell her about the GCPD? it would be pretty silly if you could still go all flirty flirty with her, even after she knows he basically fucked her

• When Catwoman runs away with the decrypter annoucing she's taking the laptop, how exactly did John come to the conclusion Bruce was trying to steal it too?

I thought about this too and the way Selina phrases it ("sorry Bruce, but I'm taking the laptop for myself") implies that Bruce wants the laptop for himself as well. Then John goes "hmm the laptop huh?" because that Bruce has an ulterior motive.

• I don't think this choice is stupid. I warned her first time, because Gordon pissed me off and I felt it was right to warn her, as an ally.
    But my second walktrough, the "main" one, I chose not to warn her, and prefered this outcome much more than the first.
    First, she deserved it. It was fun to watch Bruce and her fight, but on more realistic level I don't find her actions amusing.
    Second, more pragmatic reason - I needed the laptop first. So I took Alfred's advice and won myself some time to get to the laptop first.
    And the last - I like both Selina's and John's scenes much more in the second route. Her scene felt less sacharine and more interesting, and I got a chance to give John more directions, as well as make him feel himself even more guilty for what happens to Bruce. Win-win.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.