New Campo Santo game - In The Valley of Gods

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited December 2017 in General Chat

This game was just revealed at the TGA 2017. It looks to have actual characters you interact with this time around.

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2017

I'm not really sure what to make of it from what I saw, not a hell of a lot was given away other than it comes out in 2019, looks to take place in Egypt, and has 2 main characters. Firewatch was a good game, but kind of lost all the steam it had going for it with its ending, I'm hoping this game won't suffer from the same mistakes.

For those who missed it, here's the trailer.

• Looked interesting, I never actually played Firewatch either and was tempted to give it a go!

• edited December 2017

Cool! Looks like a fun exploration game, and yeah It's nice how you'll be able to physically see and interact with another character this time around. Firewatch's voice acting was great, but...

I felt that it was focused a bit too much on it's premise of isolation, as I craved to see another human being up close, or closer than the fleeting glimpses of faraway teens in a lake and a creepy guy across a canyon. Every location seemed to happen all around you, with localised events before and after you visited those places but never during.

Hopefully this changes that.

I'm not really sure what to make of it from what I saw, not a hell of a lot was given away other than it comes out in 2019, looks to take pl

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

That looks good, i'm glad they are sticking to similar style graphics and first person perspective.

Also it looks like it could be a spooky tomb exploring type of game which should be fun.

• Looks really good! Hopefully it isn't $30 for 3 hours like Firewatch (I liked the game but it was really short and the story dropped off at the end, definitely wasn't worth 30 bucks). Or at least if it is $30 then it better have a decent enough length.

• I hope the ending doesn't shit the bed this time.

• I hope it lets us crank up the brightness. I'd get a headache if I had to strain to see all that for hours.

• Looks really good, I'm glad the style is similar to firewatch's style and I hope the ending doesn't suck this time.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2017

The Steam Page gives some more details about the game:

A single-player, first-person adventure set deep in the desert of Egypt.

Firewatch screenshot

From the team that brought you Firewatch, In the Valley of Gods is a sprawling narrative experience in remote, 1920s Egypt. You are Rashida, a disgraced former explorer and filmmaker given one last shot at the adventurous life you desperately miss. Somewhere, beyond the endless miles of dunes, ruins, and tombs lies an incredible archaeological discovery—but it can't be found without the help of Zora, the former partner you vowed never to work with again.

In the Valley of Gods is currently in development and does not yet have a release date or system requirements. Be sure to add it to your wishlist and follow development at http://blog.camposanto.com.

• Looks good...but if it is firewatch short...no way.

• I loved Firewatch despite its short length and anticlimactic ending. Hopefully this'll improve upon Firewatch's shortcomings and be even better.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.