Best 2017 Telltale Game (Poll)

2»

Comments

• Ok... how did Minecraft get 9x the votes in 1 night? Like seriously whoever did that is just making the game look bad

• edited December 2017

Okay, I've just checked and it doesn't let me vote twice so I think they're right that it IP checks.

• edited December 2017

No one did that obviously, it has "IP Duplication Checking" on the poll, so no one can vote more than once.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Ok... how did Minecraft get 9x the votes in 1 night? Like seriously whoever did that is just making the game look bad

• There are strawpoll bots online that work regardless of IP checking

ali1382 posted: »

No one did that obviously, it has "IP Duplication Checking" on the poll, so no one can vote more than once.

• And the story mode thread thattells everyone to vote has 71 views, but Minecraft gained 78ish votes.

Yeah some kid botted the poll

• edited December 2017

Or...if you re-think about it, fans could have voted without checking the thread telling to vote, 'cause there is some fan of MCSM that "for sure" play other Telltale games, and have seen the plot while they were commenting in the general chat.

• I disagree, most MCSM only fans stay on the MC forums, (Most aren't even allowed to play the other tt games)
    And if you look into it, regardless of a thread existing, it makes no sense for a games votes to increase by 560% overnight, So either

A.) The poll was botted
    B.) Someone pestered everyone they know to vote

So regardless of what happened, there as obviously foul play involved.

Libelles posted: »

Or...if you re-think about it, fans could have voted without checking the thread telling to vote, 'cause there is some fan of MCSM that "for sure" play other Telltale games, and have seen the plot while they were commenting in the general chat.

• Do you really expect a kid now these things?

And the story mode thread thattells everyone to vote has 71 views, but Minecraft gained 78ish votes. Yeah some kid botted the poll

• edited December 2017

You don't even know MCSM community to say that they stay in MCSM forum, and what you have to know is that there is not only Kids playing at MCSM, and there is no way that the poll is botted, you are just saying that because it's MCSM not another Telltale game, and if i remember, you are the one who said No Minecraft 3, So Rejoice. Anyway it's just a poll...

• Or maybe it was because most of the MCSM fans didn't know that poll existed until they saw that thread.

I disagree, most MCSM only fans stay on the MC forums, (Most aren't even allowed to play the other tt games) And if you look into it, regar

• Agreed.

Kng0604 posted: »

Or maybe it was because most of the MCSM fans didn't know that poll existed until they saw that thread.

• edited December 2017

I doubt the pole has been botted, most of the votes were from the discussion in the MCSM forum and the rest were just personal opinion. Maybe you could create discussions about the poll in other forums so it’s fair, otherwise, there isn’t much point in arguing about it. After all, is just a poll.

• edited December 2017

Not siding with anyone here, but it is in fact possible to vote multiple times even if "IP Duplication Checking" is enabled - and it's not difficult either.

ali1382 posted: »

Yeah, I agree with that. And the poll is "IP Duplication Checking", so how you expect anyone can give two or more votes?

• edited December 2017

I hate to keep an argument going like this (TwinkleToesClementine is 100% right about this), but I feel the need to clear a few things up.

"You don't even know MCSM community "

I've played all SM episodes,

"and there is no way that the poll is botted"

I'm not going to link any SP bots but they exist. The "IP Checking" is easy to get around with free VPNs

"No Minecraft 3, So Rejoice"

This is all about target audiences. The TTG general forums generally has a negative feeling towards MCSM, so saying that gets more people to give me feedback (Which as a small youtuber I want)

"and what you have to know is that there is not only Kids playing at MCSM"

I never said only kids play MCSM. I'm not a kid and I enjoy it, and I know plenty of teens and adults that enjoy the games. I'm referring to MCSMs target audience. An E10+ Goonies inspired game is targeting kids, rather then something like TWD targeting teens and mainly adults.

Libelles posted: »

You don't even know MCSM community to say that they stay in MCSM forum, and what you have to know is that there is not only Kids playing at

• Well, if you said it this way in the beginning, we probably wouldn't have started the argument.

I hate to keep an argument going like this (TwinkleToesClementine is 100% right about this), but I feel the need to clear a few things up.

• My vote would go towards Batman: Enemy Within.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.