Episode 5 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers Duh)

So Romeo is defeated and the world is saved from being bedrocked over like the Underneath so what do you guys think about the episode and what do you wish you could’ve saw?

Comments

• I thought it was a great episode. I just wish Lukas would have went with Jesse and Petra at the end.?

• The only thing I would have changed is being able to keep the armor Lluna found for me in episode 4. Jesse takes it off to wear the fireworks outfit and then picks a new set of armor. Where did it go? Jesse should have still had it on him.

• I wish that, if Romeo survived, that youd have the option at the end to go with him. Hes going to the underneath where everybody hates him, and I just dont feel well knowing the guys going alone

• edited December 2017

Yeah, I wanted that to be an option as well. It felt like he could use the help, company and advice. Not to mention, make any reunion with Xara go over easier.

I've just decided to headcanon that Jesse stays in Beacontown to pack her supplies and prepare for the jouney. She then leaves the place in Radar's capable hands and goes with Lluna to help Romeo on his quest for redemption.

Microwave posted: »

I wish that, if Romeo survived, that youd have the option at the end to go with him. Hes going to the underneath where everybody hates him, and I just dont feel well knowing the guys going alone

• Agreed...

Kng0604 posted: »

I thought it was a great episode. I just wish Lukas would have went with Jesse and Petra at the end.?

• edited December 2017

I found the treatment of Xara rather disappointing. Either she gets killed by Romeo in a minute-long confrontation, or she doesn't appear at all. They wasted a perfectly good character, imo.
    Eric Stirpe: "MCSM is Jesse’s story, and the minute we started putting Xara and Romeo on-screen together they stole all narrative focus and left the player with nothing to do but stand on the sidelines and watch as other people’s drama played out. That makes for a really uninteresting video game. Also, yeah, that finale was getting reeeeal expensive so we had to make any cuts we could find."
    I can understand why she doesn't appear very much, but that doesn't mean I like it. :(

• It would have been interesting to see Xara in her admin form. In a flashback obviously.

• There is actually a picture of her as an Admin at the Oasis. It's the group one where Fred and Romeo can also be seen.

Here's her portion of it: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/minecraftstorymode/images/8/80/Xara_Admin_Painting_Ep4.png/revision/latest?cb=20171107040742

AnimalBoy posted: »

It would have been interesting to see Xara in her admin form. In a flashback obviously.

• edited January 2018

I don't agree with Eric Stirpe about leaving out scenes with Xara and Romeo together for the sake of the player. Not only were their history a part of the story but a fair number of player had also become invested in that part of the story. Just because it did not involve the player or Jesse did not mean the players would have found it uninteresting. Ah, well, perhaps I'm misunderstanding him. Episode 5 did seem tight on time to resolve everything so if it was a matter of not having time for both then I understand prioritizing Jesse's plot with the Admin.

I do understand the bit about budget restraints, though. It happens. It sucks but it happens. Honestly, it makes quite a bit sense.

I found the treatment of Xara rather disappointing. Either she gets killed by Romeo in a minute-long confrontation, or she doesn't appear at

• Thanks!

SnownRaven posted: »

There is actually a picture of her as an Admin at the Oasis. It's the group one where Fred and Romeo can also be seen. Here's her portion

• You mean the ending in Episode 5? They had dialogue, though. Or do you mean those little blurbs at the end that describe how you interacted with them?

SnownRaven posted: »

I don't agree with Eric Stirpe about leaving out scenes with Xara and Romeo together for the sake of the player. Not only were their history

• Yeah, I went back and checked. My mistake.

You mean the ending in Episode 5? They had dialogue, though. Or do you mean those little blurbs at the end that describe how you interacted with them?

• Xara was supposed to be seen in admin form in a flashback but it was cut due to budget like Eric said but someone on YouTube found the Admin Xara file so go check it out if you want

I found the treatment of Xara rather disappointing. Either she gets killed by Romeo in a minute-long confrontation, or she doesn't appear at

Sign in to comment in this discussion.