Barley Shippers RIP

The image is kinda self explanatory... I really hope this is based on whether or not you joined the pact or got stuck in the ice box. For me John hasn't really done anything to impress Harley in my play through so this would be rather sudden. However this could be the end of the line for Barley...

Comments

• There never was any Bruce-Harley romance to begin with. The only romance for this season is Selina, not complaints on my part even though I'm mindful she could run away anytime.

• edited January 2018

There was plenty of hints, nods and dialogue choices in episode 2 & 3 between Harley/Bruce that hinted at it. Seemed a lot more likely than Avesta anyway based on the character interactions, expected some sort of friendship forming (I know bizarre) but that's the impression I got from her.

There never was any Bruce-Harley romance to begin with. The only romance for this season is Selina, not complaints on my part even though I'm mindful she could run away anytime.

• Maybe Harley is just playing with him, just like she did with Bruce at Wayne Tower. To think that there is any actual romance between Wayne and Quinn isn't very reasonable.

• There wasn't any "Barley". Harley tried to manipulate Bruce, Bruce tried (optionally) to manipulate Harley.
    John did impress her, though. He did put on his shoes.
    But if it makes OP feel any better, I think in the next moment Harley will throw him off the bridge.

• edited January 2018

Hope so I just see this particular Harley falling in love with this Joker too cringey to handle.

Tiefling posted: »

There wasn't any "Barley". Harley tried to manipulate Bruce, Bruce tried (optionally) to manipulate Harley. John did impress her, though. H

• edited January 2018

Hope so too, I love flying objects in the sky.
    She's not in love with him, simply manipulating.

Hope so I just see this particular Harley falling in love with this Joker too cringey to handle.

• It is your own fault for actually expecting to have a romance between Bruce and Harley.

• Lol i knew the hate for harley and bruce was real but man. Anyway im still optimistic. No need to crap on anyone else romance hope in order to make mine more validated like these other cats in multiple posts. Lmao the love is love but the hate is real.

• Well we don't really know the context of this shot yet. Like you said it could be if Bruce is stuck in the icebox, or it could be little more than Harley manipulated him again.

• Just dont be too optimistic about it, its not gonna happen and IF it did, it would make zero sense.

Bruce and Selina makes more sense because there is some chemestry there...

Bruce and Harley on the other hand... not one bit...

I Believe Harley will try to kill you in episode 4 no matter how you decide to play the story.

Lol i knew the hate for harley and bruce was real but man. Anyway im still optimistic. No need to crap on anyone else romance hope in order

• Episode 3 and this image made me less optimistic about it. I liked the idea of it though cause its something new and interesting story wise. Its fun taking choices that Bruce definitely wouldn't do in the usual canon.

19Street95 posted: »

Just dont be too optimistic about it, its not gonna happen and IF it did, it would make zero sense. Bruce and Selina makes more sense bec

• I will sink with this ship willingly and with pride. I've went down with multiple ships in multiple stories already. Anime, manga, games, TV shows, movies, etc. I ain't afraid to sink with this one too, cause out of all of them, this was the least likely from the start.

Between the chances of "Barley" and the idea of Harley's enlightenment, I always leaned more towards the latter happening than any chance of "Barley". If it were to happen, it would've just been icing on the cake, no matter how illogical it would've been, cause at heart, I'm crazy for Crazy Bae Harley.

• edited January 2018

Fine speech.
    Shipping is what it is. You don't always get what you want.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I will sink with this ship willingly and with pride. I've went down with multiple ships in multiple stories already. Anime, manga, games, T

• Nah I don't think its the end maybe its a determinant scene if you give yourself up at the end of episode 3. If you choose for Bruce to give himself up Harley states and you were just starting to get under her skin which I think means she was softening up to Bruce. I am also inclined to believe that Harley and Joker might get together at the end of episode 4 or somewhere in episode 5.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I will sink with this ship willingly and with pride. I've went down with multiple ships in multiple stories already. Anime, manga, games, T

• It would be nice if there is some kind of weird respect or friendship formed between Bruce & Harley. I expect how you approach raiding Sanctus will have an effect like the other opportunities you have had to be brutal to gain their trust.

Nah I don't think its the end maybe its a determinant scene if you give yourself up at the end of episode 3. If you choose for Bruce to give

• Fellas i hope we get a trailer today since its tuesday a week before the episode. Imma try not look at playthroughs or reviews tho my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak... Lord forgive me and may we Barley disciples find what we seek...

• Looks like it might be Thursday?

Fellas i hope we get a trailer today since its tuesday a week before the episode. Imma try not look at playthroughs or reviews tho my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak... Lord forgive me and may we Barley disciples find what we seek...

• Probably

Looks like it might be Thursday?

• People expecting an Avesta romance are way worse. At least with Harley there were some interactions

It is your own fault for actually expecting to have a romance between Bruce and Harley.

• Yet people circlejerk around a possible Avesta romance..even though she has had no real role after Episode 1 and even then wasn't very important.

How does that make sense? And for you maybe, I dumped Selina's ass

There never was any Bruce-Harley romance to begin with. The only romance for this season is Selina, not complaints on my part even though I'm mindful she could run away anytime.

• I was hoping for one for a more ruthless Batman

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Maybe Harley is just playing with him, just like she did with Bruce at Wayne Tower. To think that there is any actual romance between Wayne and Quinn isn't very reasonable.

• Thats my whole motivation. Selina x Bruce has been milked to death and Telltale isn't doing anything refreshing in that regard.

On the other hand we have some options to play as a more ruthless Batman and Harley is actually interesting here (unlike most other versions) so I was hoping for some optional romance

Episode 3 and this image made me less optimistic about it. I liked the idea of it though cause its something new and interesting story wise. Its fun taking choices that Bruce definitely wouldn't do in the usual canon.

• More realistic to have a relationship with an agent who figures out your identity than a sociopathic villain who wants to kill all your friends and family.

Journey95 posted: »

People expecting an Avesta romance are way worse. At least with Harley there were some interactions

• Well she doesn't want to kill all of Bruce Wayne's friends and family she just wants to make sure that Bruce doesn't betray her.

More realistic to have a relationship with an agent who figures out your identity than a sociopathic villain who wants to kill all your friends and family.

• You know what I mean though, she has no qualms about murdering innocents and is willing to go after Tiffany immediately. Bruce would never fall for someone like that, it is against his entire character and what he stands for.

That being said i dont ship him with Avesta either. Just pointing out how unrealistic a Harley romance would be.

Well she doesn't want to kill all of Bruce Wayne's friends and family she just wants to make sure that Bruce doesn't betray her.

• I agree but Bruce Wayne has had a romance with Talia Al Ghul who is the daughter of Ra's who also has no qualms about hurting innocent people in order to lure Batman out and get him to kill him. Harley could fill the role of Talia Al Ghul in this series which would be awesome and a big twist on the Batman lore.

You know what I mean though, she has no qualms about murdering innocents and is willing to go after Tiffany immediately. Bruce would never f

• Actually, the current theory is that Avesta is actually Talia al-Ghul who is undercover in the Agency, trying to get SANCTUS' weapons for the League of Assassins.

I agree but Bruce Wayne has had a romance with Talia Al Ghul who is the daughter of Ra's who also has no qualms about hurting innocent peopl

• edited January 2018

Like another user said..Batman also had a romance with Talia and she is crazy af.

And anyway I'm only talking about a more ruthless Batman (which you can play as at times) getting that option. So maybe Harley wouldn't want to kill you friends then..

At least she has character..unlike Avesta

More realistic to have a relationship with an agent who figures out your identity than a sociopathic villain who wants to kill all your friends and family.

• Fair enough, Avesta is sorely underdeveloped while Harley is one of the strongest characters of the season.

Journey95 posted: »

Like another user said..Batman also had a romance with Talia and she is crazy af. And anyway I'm only talking about a more ruthless Batma

• Harley's a manipulative bitch...and I love how people are believing her fake moves on Bruce.

• Ok I agree that is a good theory but it still would mean Bruce hasn't trained with the League of Assassins meaning that he had to learn martial arts on his own or some other way. The theory with Avesta being Talia Al Ghul is one that I've seen coming if it is true. The reason being that Avesta has so much screen time and is not an actual character from the comics. I like Talia as a character but not as a girlfriend for Bruce, my Bruce Wayne will not be getting any romance from Avesta :smile: My Bruce shall always love Selina Kyle.

Actually, the current theory is that Avesta is actually Talia al-Ghul who is undercover in the Agency, trying to get SANCTUS' weapons for the League of Assassins.

• Harley reminds me of (one of) my worst girlfriends ever who knew exactly how to manipulate people and would use promises of sex to get men to do her bidding.

Harley's a manipulative bitch...and I love how people are believing her fake moves on Bruce.

• That's why you get payment up front. It's what I always did if I could tell that a girl was trying to use me.

Harley reminds me of (one of) my worst girlfriends ever who knew exactly how to manipulate people and would use promises of sex to get men to do her bidding.

• Pretty late to the party but I don't really get anyone seriously entertaining Harley and Bruce having a real relationship. She's way worse than Selina, who was just a selfish thief at the end of the day. Harley's a psychopath that will kill someone for looking at her the wrong way. She's pretty much just another super villain to Bruce.

• Well while everyone downs each other choice to make their decision in romances great imma be either goin down with the harley ship or we getting our just due this episode. Im secure enough with my decisions from vicki to harley to make the pragmatic and ruthless antihero batman we can get outside fanservice. Haters goin hate but we down for our cause . stay in your lane lol

• I don't know why some people get so "passionate" or should I say triggered over the possibility of it happening lol. It's a game after all I'm only doing it for fun, wouldn't be the first game to let you romance a villain though but I get the feeling all the flirting/Harley opening up etc is going to be totally forgotten in this episode unfortunately.

Well while everyone downs each other choice to make their decision in romances great imma be either goin down with the harley ship or we get

• I don't really get it either, lol. Everyone's so serious when it comes to this topic. Lighten up people. Sure when I play this game, I'm as serious as can be because naturally you grow an attachment to the characters you wanna protect. That's the point with choice based gaming. To put your identity in these games or to be someone you wouldn't normally be. But it's still a game at the end of the day. You gotta be able to have fun with it and it's possibilities.

I don't know why some people get so "passionate" or should I say triggered over the possibility of it happening lol. It's a game after all I

• I gotta say it's pretty annoying to see how shitty people are being because they don't like the idea of a Harley romance. Let people ship what they want to ship.

• Moderators please close this thread the ship has sunk:

My Reaction:

This discussion has been closed.