Is This A Joke? Half Of Gotham Will Know B*****'s I******* At This Rate (Episode 4 SPOILERS)

Is This A Joke? Half Of Gotham Will Know Batman's Identity At This Rate (Episode 4 SPOILERS)

I sort of felt forced to tell Tiffany this episode cause Alfred was getting peeved off about it so for me...
Vicki: Knows
Alfred: Knows
Waller: Knows
Avesta: Knows
Tiffany: Knows
Joker: Knows
Selina: Knows
Lucius: Knows (deceased)
Gordon: Has Suspicions the whole Lucius Fox scenario could lead to him figuring it out.
Oswald: Found Bruce's Secret Lair so I'm sure he has some idea of Bruce's connection to Batman.
As for the other pact members I'm sure they could figure it out after seeing Bruce fight and if they talk to Oswald.. (Harley mentioned him blabbing about Bruce in prison).

Part of the original Batman dynamic was that only his closest allies knew his identity.. I sort of went into this series trying to keep it secret but now a majority of the allies and a lot of the villains who have shown up know or are close to figuring it out lol. My Bruce might as well fight crime in a pair of glasses at this point cough superman.

Comments

• I know, and is so stupid the reasons of why they know, I mean, they are convenient, but still.

Selina noticed because Bruce had a scratch on his face, I hardly think Selina remembers WHERE and how much did she hurt Batman on the face to remember that.
    Oswald actually doesn't know, if you leave him up for the fight in Episode 5 he is like REALLY stupid, thinking Batman will come at him at any minute even though Bruce is in front of him.
    I don't know how did Avesta found out, she came out of nowhere and suddenly knows all our darkest secrets?

The rest are meh, Vicki doesn't have to know, I also disliked how forced I felt about telling Tiffanny but I am still not going to tell her, not because I don't trust her but being Batman is a secret, both for friends and foes.

I don't think Gordon even thinks about who Batman is, he really doesn't want to know, he prefers the symbol rather than the man, and the TTL only made John now to bring in more drama for later.

• Trouble is now Joker/Vigilante Joker could blab your identity to anyone especially Harley if they jumped off the bridge together. I suspect there is going to be a scenario in episode 5 where he could potentially die or we assume he is dead.

Kaelthas posted: »

I know, and is so stupid the reasons of why they know, I mean, they are convenient, but still. Selina noticed because Bruce had a scratch

• Nice job with that spoiler alert man. Totally wanted to know a major character was going to figure out Bruce's identity next episode.

• Well now that the cats out of the bag is it at least determinant whether or not John finds out?

• Sorry thought the title was kinda self explanatory considering episode 4 just released.

Nice job with that spoiler alert man. Totally wanted to know a major character was going to figure out Bruce's identity next episode.

• I understand, but the fact that you said "everyone will know Batman's identity" was already a major spoiler.

Sorry thought the title was kinda self explanatory considering episode 4 just released.

• No he basically knows either way based on things that were out of the players control.

Well now that the cats out of the bag is it at least determinant whether or not John finds out?

• We all saw this one coming. John deducting Bruce's real pastime I mean.

• I felt that way in season 1. It bothered me then. It doesn't anymore. It's a new Batman and Telltale has made that clear. Maybe this universe's Bruce Wayne will be Tony Stark. Seems to be going that way.

• Well, guess what? If Batman truly existed, his identity would be known to public probably after a month of him acting on the streets. It is a common cliche that people are stupid not to guess who batman is, giving all the clues about his identity. Telltale's approach is very realistic.

• I was actually just thinking this. If this is the final season of Telltale Batman, they may even give us the choice at the end. John may end up blabbing to the whole city somehow in a non-determinant way and your choice at the end will be whether to deny it or a pull a Tony Stark and just come out with it.

Johro posted: »

I felt that way in season 1. It bothered me then. It doesn't anymore. It's a new Batman and Telltale has made that clear. Maybe this universe's Bruce Wayne will be Tony Stark. Seems to be going that way.

• Actually I like this arc a lot, definately my favorite point in this episode, when You think about it Alfred warned You at least twice about GORDON getting close to learning Bruce's identity, and not even for one moment have the players expected John to discover the truth before Him. Actually I remember that on my 1st playthrough of ep 3 after the cafe scene and then the scene on the rooftop [still the best scene in the 2nd season, Hearing John on the rooftop gave me goosbumps...] I had a feeling that John knows, considering that He has for sure overheard more than He admitted [You can tell that, if You listen more carefully to His monologue about mustache], but then I just ignored that hunch completely.

And one word for those of You Who think that He may expose Bruce/Batman in the future - He won't, just for the same reason why Joker will never kill Bats - He needs Him, because there is no Joker without Batman

Rynna posted: »

I was actually just thinking this. If this is the final season of Telltale Batman, they may even give us the choice at the end. John may end

• edited January 2018

Wouldn't you love if that's what the final choice is called? To have the most well known Marvel quote bookend the story of the most well known DC hero(sorry, Superman).

Genius troll job. History even.

• The difference between Tony and Bruce is that - Tony is basicaly wearing an armor, not a mask, and it was never about Him maintaining His identity - while for Bruce/Batman keeping His identity a secret is essential, both for Him and the Villains that surround Him.

• That's the joke, Bruce is doing a pretty bad job at keeping his identity a secret considering it is so important. In my case two villains know and Oswald should too if he wasn't so thick.

JmoooX posted: »

The difference between Tony and Bruce is that - Tony is basicaly wearing an armor, not a mask, and it was never about Him maintaining His id

• Tbh now Joker knows my identity:

• Honestly, I'm surprised that Bruce isn't discovered as Batman as frequently in most mediums he appears in. It's not that difficult to link the two especially with the connections to villains, Wayne tech and how they're never seen together.

Harley could've put two and two together if she had interacted more with Batman, I think and I like that Bruce hasn't perfected his stealthiness and underestimates people like John, it'll only help him grow more as a character and hopefully it shows him the consequences.

• Its not so bad.

Avesta should feel guilty about what she did so I don't see her telling anyone else.
    Waller is the one I guess should be worried about. Maybe she ends up dead and Avesta ends up running things....Vicki too even though I don't even remember if shes alive.

John seems to be heading towards the whole "this is so fun" chaos thing the Joker has going on in a lot of stories. I think in the Dark Knight he offered a bounty on the guy who was going to blow Batmans cover because he didn't want the fun ruined. Even if he's a flat out enemy of you I don't think he would ever tell anyone.

I don't think Selina would screw us over there doesn't seem to be anything in it for her in this story. If she just decided she wanted some money. Bruce would probably just give it to her. Tiffany obviously isn't going to be talking either.

Honestly people are always saying this the more people find out the ID of vigilanties. However I never really got bothered by that. It's more realistic and easy to get immersed in when you realize how much help these heroes would actually NEED and get in some of these stories.

Kinda ridiculous how in traditional Batman there would basically be NO ONE who could afford things like what Batman has and yet no one is the wiser. Or as goofy as Supergirl CW show how no one realizes who she is because a pair of glasses.

• It’s not that hard to figure out, Telltale’s being realistic in having some people find out who Batman is by connecting the dots.

• edited January 2018

It seems like You are overreacting a little bit, in the comics several characters have discovered batman's identity by connecting the dots [there's at least 5 characters who have managed to done that] and there are dozens of others, that know Batman's identity, because He or someone else told them about it.

So it's not really that much of a big deal

Warning! Comics Spoilers ahead

and as for the characters on Your list,

all of them know Bruce's identity in the comic:

Vicky: Knows

Alfred: Knows
    Waller: Knows
    Avesta: Doesn't exist
    Tiffany - I am not sure, if She even was in the comics, but I remember that Tam knew. at least She knew about Robin's identity, I don't remember if She connected the dots further though.
    Joker: Knows, but Ignores it
    Selina: Knows
    Lucius: Knows [at least it has been hinted several times that He does]

So basically all the characters from Your list know Batman's identity

So what's the problem with the game following the comics to some degree?

Edit: Can someone tell me how to put multiple spoiler tags in one comment?

• To be fair John would have been absolutely dumb if he couldn't put two and two together. Quite easy.

• They can be realistic about people discovering Batman's identity but they can't be realistic about how wounds don't magically heal the next day, or how Bruce would have shitty performance if he didn't sleep for days as he seems to have done, about how Harley can lift a very heavy Hammer, or about how we have a guy that can freeze things by touching them like he was Elsa from Frozen?

"realistic approach" shouldn't be the excuse.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Well, guess what? If Batman truly existed, his identity would be known to public probably after a month of him acting on the streets. It is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.