EP4 Did you trust _?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2018

Yes Jonathan Dough is a trusted friend and I hope he stays that way in Ep 5(unlikely)

• I trusted John for the same reasons some people said before: to keep him under my cover instead of setting him loose. I don't think he lied on purpose, he's more sicked than anything.

Now people says: "but he stabbed Amanda". He doesn't want Waller to get the serum, and that's understandable. As Batman in our "début", back in season 1, we had the choice to litteraly impale Falcone, we're not the best to judge that. Vigilante Joker need to learn his limits just as we did back in season 1 but I'm not sure if Telltale will let us teach vigilante Joker.

In Telltale's games "choices don't matter" but in the last episode it usually do. We'll probably get a customized episode, just as in GOT. Now if Joker will be fully redeemable will depend on what they plan to do with Joker in the future. If they plan to keep him as main antagonist for season 3 the outcome in E5 will probably be the same despise Joker being a vigilante or villain. If not, it might differ, as we won't see him again (or much) it might allow a different ending.

• I don’t really trust John in the inside but I chose to believe in John anyways since he is the best chance to take down Harley and I did not want him as a enemy because of potential of going to either hurt or kill anyone I know like Alfred , Tiffany , and maybe even Gordon.

• I trusted. Why? Because of how he worded things, and that the Agency was starting to look shady. Wouldn't be too surprised if they did actually shoot on sight. Speaking of, John said "they aren't just suppose to start shooting, they're suppose to say "hands up", I've seen it on the TV." The way he said that just came across as very genuine to me. And, I like to think that the game made it look like it was John, but we've all seen enough TV to know there's always a twist in every story. Waller is shady, and John is trying. He says to himself "what am I going to say to Bruce?" and "it was me, but it was self defense." He even called Bruce just before to meet him there, so let's assume nothing was wrong when he made that text, and then he was attacked. That's a good reason to defend yourself. If he texted when it had already happened, he's inviting Bruce to see what he has done.

Someone had a theory that Harley was the one to have done, and she manipulated John to take the blame, which is also very viable, since there are holes in his story. In all, my trust in John wasn't 100%, but I wanted to trust him, but I know there's more to the story. I just hope he stays a vigilante and Telltale doesn't screw us over by having him become Joker anyway. :( Make choices REALLY matter!

• edited February 2018

I didn't trust him and then I told him I used him all this time.
    He didn't take it all that well.

• do i trust him hell no did i say that in my choice kinda of, I need his help to stop the(at the time) greater threat witch is Harley and i love how Bruce reacts to picking the trust option he say this is not over and will discuses the matter later witch is what i wanted him to say. As Geralt would say i chose the lesser evil.

• John is my friend, and has always, somehow, however naively, done everything for Bruce. What a good guy. He deserves trust. He may be a murderous lunatic who betrayed Batman's code of "no killing," but he's MY murderous lunatic. A good friend. He might have to go to Arkham, but he liked it there, right? I'll ask my buddy John if he wants to go back after all this is over. It's not his fault.

And, I mean, if he can get it through his skull that just killing all who oppose him is a no-go, maybe we can even continue to work with our good buddy John! Batman and John would make a great team. He's competent enough to throw a batarang, and help me out! Just don't go throwing them at me, my friend. That's all.

• Yes partly because I wanted the "vigilante" ending which is IMO is much more interesting direction for the Batman-Joker dynamic. And also because John did stand by us throughout. He had the chance to stab us in the back but he did not.

Really, I see how he can be very dangerous and no doubt he needs to be stopped but at that precise moment I saw no reasons to abandon him.

• As I don't have the game (yet?), all I can say from seeing playthroughs is that I would definitely trust him. Completely, no, but definitely--almost certainly in part because we're both mentally disabled.

• John is everything but disabled. Unstable ? Yes.

As I don't have the game (yet?), all I can say from seeing playthroughs is that I would definitely trust him. Completely, no, but definitely--almost certainly in part because we're both mentally disabled.

• I trusted him, because I wanted to and because I believed it was self-defense.

• Your John:

I didn't trust him and then I told him I used him all this time. He didn't take it all that well.

• edited February 2018

I trusted him because I like our friendship. It probably means I'm not the best Batman because I would gladly betray everyone to keep John as a friend. As long as he's on good terms with my Bruce I will overlook the murdered agents. I think the decision would be harder if John was threatening the life of Alfred or Tiffany, but a few dead nameless characters just won't make me give up on John.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.