At what point did you realize...? (End-Game Spoilers)

I only just played through all six episodes and I'm curious how quickly other people realized there was no saving the family.

Not trying to toot my own horn as I didn't get that sinking feeling in my stomach until chapter six when Mira met with Margaery. I opted for the honest answer and as soon as I was released from her service, it clicked into place that the Forresters couldn't be saved.

I don't know if it was good or bad game design but it changed my behaviour for the rest of the game -- I opted to kill Ludd rather than save Ryon out of desperation and refused Morgryn's proposal out of spite. I was genuinely surprised by the end of Chapter 1 and I don't know if that kind of shock would have been better or worse to end the story. In any case, I feel like no pathway to saving the family makes the ending more irritating than anything else.

Nitpick: We are told in Chapter 3 that there's a traitor in the Forrester council, which is a total of three people including the maester, but are given no options to do anything about it until nearly the end of Chapter 5. This despite numerous interactions with both Duncan and Royland in between. I mean come on.

Comments

• OK I agree about not being able to completely save the Forresters so far there are only 2 possible playable Forresters left, Talia and Ryon. Rodrik/Asher might have to wait until the end of Season 2 to fight back against the Whitehills which would be cool if Talia is made into a badass rogue character like using daggers and stealth. Ryon is being made into a fighter and Beskha is rumored to be playable as well. Gared Tuttle is likely to return as well because he is the best fighter in the game so far.

The traitors storyline was rewritten according to what I read because some people found out it was the maester by looking in the game's files. I mean if you remember the scene where Rodrik is being healed by the maester the scene seems rather dark and creepy with subtle creepy music playing in the background. I thought it was the maester because of that scene.

• I'm glad I'm not the only person who hopes Talia becomes a badass (hopefully not like Arya though). I also hope that she doesn't end up being Mira just because she's the only female Forrester left. Also, is it bad that I would prefer Beskha to train Talia and for Ryon to be trained by Ser Royland (in my playthrough he's alive)?
    I think the reason why they changed the storyline for the traitor is because it was very obvious but I do think the traitor being who you didn't pick as Sentinel is kinda stupid. I would just prefer it being the maester. Plus it made more sense.

OK I agree about not being able to completely save the Forresters so far there are only 2 possible playable Forresters left, Talia and Ryon.

• I agree it would've been better if it was the maester because now they wrote themselves into a corner. How will Gared react when he hears Rodrik killed his uncle Duncan or if he hears that Duncan died during the war against the whitehills or that he survived. I don't want Talia to become like Arya but having Talia avenge the death of her brothers is a cool idea because she was there when Ramsay stabbed Ethan and also was there when only one of her brothers returned from the ambush. Ryon could be taught to use a sword but he is to young to be a believable playable character. I don't think Ryon can fight an adult with a sword no matter who trained him.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I'm glad I'm not the only person who hopes Talia becomes a badass (hopefully not like Arya though). I also hope that she doesn't end up bein

• edited February 2018

Ryon could still talk and make choices like Ethan and Mira did but fighting will definitely be out of the question. I don’t expect him to give Lyanna Mormont a run for her money though.

I agree it would've been better if it was the maester because now they wrote themselves into a corner. How will Gared react when he hears Ro

• Ryon is still a kid and perhaps a time jump could age him a bit. I would like Talia to be the Lord of Ironrath but I doubt it would happen because one of her brothers are alive and Ryon will most likely be the Lord if something happened to Rodrik/Asher.

Ryon could still talk and make choices like Ethan and Mira did but fighting will definitely be out of the question. I don’t expect him to give Lyanna Mormont a run for her money though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.