Still a possible Harley Quinn romance option?

2»

Comments

• I basically did do a pro Harley route the whole way through in one play through and got barely anywhere with her on the bridge. There are options on the bridge you can choose which appease her or take her side to a certain extend but the scenario still plays out the same if you didn't play nice with her cause it's the same dialogue options for everyone. Like as Batman you can say "I can help you" and as Bruce you can say something like "I can protect you" then John comments "Yes Bruce Harley responds well to that" or something like that.

This is a bit off topic, but I didn't play a pro-Harley playthrough, so I was wondering: If you did play a pro-Harley playthrough, making

• edited February 2018

This is no laughing matter a ship has sunk in ere' lmao! People could of died on that ship you know?!

GamerLady posted: »

Its the only proper way to be in life. Full of shitz and giggles. ...We cannot hope to gather peacefully as humans.... at the human internet

• Okay. That's sort of what I figured. Thank you! :)

I basically did do a pro Harley route the whole way through in one play through and got barely anywhere with her on the bridge. There are op

• maybe there still will be option harley quinn romance in episode 5. or season 3

• Well the true hurt.

DjEmoxas21 posted: »

maybe there still will be option harley quinn romance in episode 5. or season 3

• Hang on what is Keijo doing here? (Yes I've seen that anime).

Keijo02 posted: »

Well the true hurt.

• Not anymore sadly. They kind of wasted an interesting relationship..in favour of more boring Catwoman or Avesta.

I just hope Harley still has an important role in the last episode, easily the best female character of this series

• Sadly yes

Journey95 posted: »

Not anymore sadly. They kind of wasted an interesting relationship..in favour of more boring Catwoman or Avesta. I just hope Harley still has an important role in the last episode, easily the best female character of this series

• I'm also a little bummed that Harley Quinn wasn't given more of an option, and relatively speaking very little interaction this season. Don't get me wrong, it's not to say that I'm disappointed with Season 2, but with the team they have in place I do wish they'd take more chances.

They've displayed some real talent in these episodes with dialogue, and not just in the major moments. John mocking Gordon on the rooftop with shadow puppets is a personal highlight of mine. I know it's been said in the Avesta thread that some players find her boring, but for me that's Catwoman. Selina's the safe choice from a writing standpoint, and they tread absolutely no new ground in that romance. It's the same story from every other time in the dozens of times that she's been romanced in a Batman story.

I do agree with Journey95 that not expanding on Harley Quinn is a missed opportunity. I would've even seriously supported a John romance for something new. I do wonder a little if it wasn't intentional to play it on the safe side with some of the other titles criticisms, but this team that TellTale have assembled for Batman has the ability. The fans are also behind them if they want to go a little wild.

• Sort of ended up like this really:
    Episode 2: Tonnes Of Interaction
    Episode 3: Moderate but reasonable
    Episode 4: Thrown under the bus, the only interesting thing you could do really is save her from being shot.

Poptarts posted: »

I'm also a little bummed that Harley Quinn wasn't given more of an option, and relatively speaking very little interaction this season. Don'

• It's nada.

GamerLady posted: »

Nope. No. Nadda. Nuh uh. Never. Nine. Not happenin.

• Not having more variety is also why I think many liked the idea of a John romance. Selina is always the safe bet, even though Batman has like a thousand love interests that have played as the "one", he dosen't really have a Lois Lane.

Harley seemed like an interesting choice, I thought that this Batman could actually become bad and that we could romance her. I "flirted" with Harley to see what would happen, and I was left a little disappointed. I romanced Selina on Season 1 and at the end it was the same old boring thing so I tried to dump her instead for Harley or John.

If they give us Avesta I just hope she isn't Talia because she would have the same problem as Selina, same boring thing. Yet, I hope she is not another Vicky Vale, were I tried to romance her and then she turns out to be a lunatic with a revenge against something I didn't even knew about. :p

Poptarts posted: »

I'm also a little bummed that Harley Quinn wasn't given more of an option, and relatively speaking very little interaction this season. Don'

• Stale Catwoman or boring Avesta.
    Great options left!

• Fingers crossed for Talia al-Ghul or hell, give me Rachel Dawes at this point. Selina is okay but there's replay value in other/more exciting relationships. I didn't play Mass Effect 2 multiple times for a cracked face, after all!

• I think what you're considering a possible romance between Bruce and Harley was her manipulating Bruce. She was doing to Bruce what she did to John. That's how she handles problems.

• SPOILERS there's a reason why it's not happening, as harley can get arrested by the agency at the end of ep 4, no way she can be a romance option

• Maybe Bruce can go see her on visiting days? ?

ye-man posted: »

SPOILERS there's a reason why it's not happening, as harley can get arrested by the agency at the end of ep 4, no way she can be a romance option

• The conversations in her office still make me scratch my head though. Those little moments she opened up plus that episode 3 moment where if you take the fall she says "You were just starting to get under my skin" which seemed kinda genuine. After saying that she switches on the full crazy Harley persona though.

I think what you're considering a possible romance between Bruce and Harley was her manipulating Bruce. She was doing to Bruce what she did to John. That's how she handles problems.

• I believe that she begins to trust Bruce more then most with some of the details that she divulges. She toys with John but I think there could have at least been some mutual respect with Bruce if he continued to play the long con. I actually wanted to help them with their heist and even tossed Selina to the Death Chamber. I had a hunch that it wasn't about biological warfare anyway with how they started to talk about it.

Still dangerous. Still wrong, duh. But they had their reasons. I would have liked to have pulled the big Bruce card there, letting him try to buy the company and work on a cure that way. But alas, that would have been a huge deviation from the path.

• You romanced Miranda didn't you haha. Funny thing about Mass Effect 2 was that you could romance and dump the whole crew. Like I went from Jack to Tali to Miranda while flirting with Kelly and kissing Liara in the shadow broker dlc haha.

BigBadBatsy posted: »

Fingers crossed for Talia al-Ghul or hell, give me Rachel Dawes at this point. Selina is okay but there's replay value in other/more exciting relationships. I didn't play Mass Effect 2 multiple times for a cracked face, after all!

• The Barley dynamic almost feels inconsistent. To be honest, as invested as I am in this ship (even before the Telltale series), I never really expected it to happen. Episode 2 was a bunch of teasing and manipulation by physical attraction and flirting. Only the scene in her office was what I considered to be genuine.

Episode 3 she was mostly put to the back. But once again, the office scene was more down to Earth than expected. She seemed ominously gentle and SHE initiated conversation about her father. She and John both have said that she hates any topic about her father. Yet, she initiated that convo with Bruce all on her own and seemed to have found peace in the moment.

Episode 4 she was put WAYY to the back. In the spa, do the things that don't raise suspicion and she'll wink at you and throw innuendos and stuff. But nothing big. I'm curious how this little dynamic will conclude. Next to John, Harley was the biggest focus in the Pact.

Despite your choices, this game is still very linear with certain relationships and choices riding on the edge of that line, but it never truly trails off in it's own direction. It's from Point A to Point B or B(a) or B(b) or B(c) etc etc. A criminal Bruce would be a ton of fun to experience, but Telltale clearly wants to stay within his true character's vicinity, giving you some leeway to be aggressive or passive, but nothing deeper.

• Miranda was my /canon/ ship ... So heck yeah. How could I not? I pretty much ran through everything there though. Definitely made replaying more enjoyable. Because I knew the destination but getting there and having different relationships with people made it enjoyable multiple times! Ugh, I miss the game. Where's the ME2 Remaster?

You romanced Miranda didn't you haha. Funny thing about Mass Effect 2 was that you could romance and dump the whole crew. Like I went from Jack to Tali to Miranda while flirting with Kelly and kissing Liara in the shadow broker dlc haha.

• edited February 2018

Harley ships made me think that telltale should make one shot game that give you true liberty in the story.

• They are called Quantic Dream. At least with Heavy Rain anyway but Detroit looks like a return to form.

Keijo02 posted: »

Harley ships made me think that telltale should make one shot game that give you true liberty in the story.

• Detroit looks amazing. If they could find a way to put in Harley Quinn then I'd preorder the deluxe super bundle, just saying.

• Wait what?

BigBadBatsy posted: »

Detroit looks amazing. If they could find a way to put in Harley Quinn then I'd preorder the deluxe super bundle, just saying.

• Its a huge waste of potential. I would be fine even with no romance if Harley wasn't shafted so hard in Episode 4

It seemed like they wanted to make her a deeper character but then just dumbed her down again..kind of lazy

The conversations in her office still make me scratch my head though. Those little moments she opened up plus that episode 3 moment where if

• She is going to have a role in episode 5, no matter what ending you got. It is pretty soon to say that.

Its a huge waste of potential. I would be fine even with no romance if Harley wasn't shafted so hard in Episode 4 It seemed like they wanted to make her a deeper character but then just dumbed her down again..kind of lazy

• edited March 2018

Yeah the relationship definitely got abandoned at some point partially cause I think they thought they didn't have time with the John/Bruce relationship wanting to be their focus. Like Episode 5 if you go with the pact Harley is giving you winks, smiles and compliments as you go but it's like something is missing to justify that, since barely anything happened to progress their "friendship" since episode 2.

Its a huge waste of potential. I would be fine even with no romance if Harley wasn't shafted so hard in Episode 4 It seemed like they wanted to make her a deeper character but then just dumbed her down again..kind of lazy

• Well he DID find the blacksite location in Episode 3.

Yeah the relationship definitely got abandoned at some point partially cause I think they thought they didn't have time with the John/Bruce

• I don't think there ever was any planned relationship with Harley in the first place. All the winks and flirts was just Harley manipulating Bruce. At least, that's how I see it.

Yeah the relationship definitely got abandoned at some point partially cause I think they thought they didn't have time with the John/Bruce

• Ahah at least that worked with us.

Putinovich posted: »

I don't think there ever was any planned relationship with Harley in the first place. All the winks and flirts was just Harley manipulating Bruce. At least, that's how I see it.

• When Telltale blows us away with Harley & Bruce, Avesta & Bruce and Alfred & Bruce romances in Episode 5.

• Why does everyone always forget about MR FREEZE ROMANCE????!!!11

BigBadPaul posted: »

When Telltale blows us away with Harley & Bruce, Avesta & Bruce and Alfred & Bruce romances in Episode 5.

• Ah, yes... yeah, I guess his romance would be pretty cool.

Tiefling posted: »

Why does everyone always forget about MR FREEZE ROMANCE????!!!11

• FINALLY. Don't forget about it.

Ah, yes... yeah, I guess his romance would be pretty cool.

• edited March 2018

Cross my heartzz.

Tiefling posted: »

FINALLY. Don't forget about it.

• heartzz*

Cross my heartzz.

• Only just realised the pun

Ah, yes... yeah, I guess his romance would be pretty cool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.